What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark O'Neill

tigger

Juniors
This argument has been scored by a official authority in these types of matters:

Balmain/Western Suburbs do not forget your roots: 102
Simon & Cronies: 1 (an 'own' field goal awarded by the referee in sympathy)

At the end of the day, opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

We are never going to agree, because we have different agendas.

I think if we did a poll voting on either merging both clubs completely or keeping them seperate, most of you JV supporters would wish to the Magpies & Balmain to disappear, that is what pisses me off the most.

Gus22

Juniors
oro said:
Gus 22

Simon believes it’s “all been done before” because he thinks it is about “Wests v Balmain”. This is clearly not the case; the issue is not forgetting your roots .

Put the wagons in a circle at the first hint of a troublesome topic, and then discussion can be steered towards cliched topics that predominate on the WT website.

I'm not here to stick up for Simon (he can capably do that himself), but I don't see how anything he has said can be viewed as forgetting your roots or selling out on Balmain.

simon says

First Grade
tigger said:
I think if we did a poll voting on either merging both clubs completely or keeping them seperate, most of you JV supporters would wish to the Magpies & Balmain to disappear, that is what pisses me off the most.

I dont see that at all.I think the majority loves having the two PL sides and each club maintaining its intregrity in that form.I know I do.

I love it when Wests play Balmain.At last years game at Leichhardt I was sitting on the hill,with the other Balmainiacs(in the rain at night on a Wednesday night)giving it to Yappy and his bunch(who gave as good as they got).

I think you assume a lot.But accusing blokes that are EXTREMELY loyal to the club is way off,as are low remarks about the Magpies.Both are way off and do your cause little good(which I thought after X amount of years you may have learned to adjust but no).

Cheers......from ther traitorous hater of Balmain and the lover of the dirty merged scum..........there ya go,I said it for ya. :lol: :lol: :lol:

yappy

Bench
(who gave as good as they got).

Geez, you reckon you scraped in for a draw do you? Give yourself a triple. You lot of mime artists got hammered worse than the jokes in the black and gold on the field. We OWNED your hill, then we wandered up the road and OWNED your pub. No contest. 8)

(but I must admit you turned it around this season at Campbo - bring on Leichhardt for the decider!)

simon says

First Grade
Well I guess it all depends if you prefer quantity over quality.......

I did hear "the refs a frakin maggot' about a thousand times from your bunch,but the WITTY stuff(that most probably went over you and your toothless brothers heads) ;-) ;-)
was definitely all from our side......

Your blokes did make a lot of noise I must admit.....but owned,really.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gobbso

Juniors
Its healthy to keep and continue the rivarly. But at the same time, we are now brothers in arms! I'm a Magpie through and through always will be. I support the Joint-Venture purely because Western Suburbs are involved in the partnership. Therefore i have chosen to support the club which still represents both club's in the elite competition. It would be great to go back to the old days, but in reality i can't see that happening, not now, not ever. Although i believe it is vital that both football club's retain their identity in the Lower Grades. It is essential to keep the proud history and tradition alive. the day they merge the lower grades, is the day they lose my support.

Balmainia

Juniors
Its healthy to keep and continue the rivarly. But at the same time, we are now brothers in arms! I'm a Tiger through and through always will be. I support the Joint-Venture purely because Balmain are involved in the partnership. Therefore i have chosen to support the club which still represents both club's in the elite competition. It would be great to go back to the old days, but in reality i can't see that happening, not now, not ever and the only reason I like two teams in prem league is cos it gives us more ppl to work with where before I was against it for no known reason.

As for O'Neill, he's being rewarded for years of loyalty - not hi I'm the big new guy that will go to the next club that offers me a bigger pay packet and leave u in the lurch

Swampdonkey

Juniors
tigger said:

Sounds like a good idea to me, I think i will go and start one up and we will see how much weight your little theories carry.... :roll: :roll:

I love Balmain and i would never want them to lose their identity in the lower grades and i am sure most people feel the same whether they are Wests or Balmain supporters.

The JV had to be created for Balmain and Wests to maintain some identity in the top level of Rugby League. Otherwise both clubs would only have the lower grades to follow.

If you don't want to embrace the JV then you can continue to follow either Wests or Balmain in the lower grades, because JV or not, that is all you would have to support now anyway.

Or, you can choose to follow the Wests Tigers which is 50% of your team. 50% is better than 0% in my books, so i have embraced the Wests Tigers whilst still continuing to support Balmain as i have always done.

If you are one of those people who choose to dislike the JV but continue to follow Balmain or Wests. Do you really think that your lower grade teams would be as competitive as they are if it wasn't for the JV? Do you think that all these talented juniors your seeing progress through the ranks would have gone to Balmain or Wests, who don't have a first grade team, as opposed to going to someone like Brisbane or Sydney City?

Like or not, if you dislike the JV and only want to support Balmain or Wests, then that's fine, but don't be so naive to think that you are benefiting from the JV as well......

tigger

Juniors
Swampdonkey said:
tigger said:

but don't be so naive to think that you are benefiting from the JV as well......

It is a bit early to be drunk isn't it? Except for King.

I will drag up the posts. Whilst he is not a 'fan', your coach has stated that he wants one lower grade team in each division to work with & many people got on here and agreed with him.

Swampdonkey

Juniors
tigger said:
Swampdonkey said:
tigger said:

but don't be so naive to think that you are benefiting from the JV as well......

It is a bit early to be drunk isn't it? Except for King.

I will drag up the posts. Whilst he is not a 'fan', your coach has stated that he wants one lower grade team in each division to work with & many people got on here and agreed with him.

Thank you for drawing parellels between my post and the post of a drunken man, i can assure you that i am at work and am quite sober thank you...

I have not seen these posts that you are refering to, but would like to see them. I would find it extremely disappointing if what you say is true.

Unlike the St George Illawarra merger which is for the most part St George, there would be too much tradition being destroyed if they were to merge the lower grades and i for one would be extremely saddened by it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I know MarkO is a favorite here, and a club stalwart, and the quiet acheiver etc etc etc. I know he makes alot of tackles and does alot of work in the background that goes unnoticed.

But for mine, he doesn't hit the line hard, doesnt make any line breaks, doesnt offload, doesnt run straight, doesnt really do much for us at all.

He isn't a danger with the ball in his hands.

We desperately need some impact in our second row, which is rather ironic considering that a few seasons ago we had O'Donnell, Manu and Viane all vying for spots. I'm tempted to even move Senter in there when comes back.
More importantly, are his General Manager skills any better than his impact with the ball? @Gary Gutful is convinced psychotropic testing holds the key.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm sure we can revisit the value of these psychedelic tests after O'Neill has been in the role for a few years. If we haven't already sacked him by then.

Tiger Ted

Bench
His GM skills are on par with Mitch Moses one on one defence.

Good Luck
Geez the parra hierarchy r a degenerate lot with appalling judgement.Another massively incompetent ex-WT signing !

I’ve got a mate who is very close to buckets.There were over 100 applicants & how he got the job beggars belief coz he’s close to being the most blunt tool in the shed.Buckets is a nice guy but far from being suitable for the GM’s role & ur analogy re MM’s inept defence is spot on.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
His GM skills are on par with Mitch Moses one on one defence.

Good Luck
He's stopped missing tackles just like he's stopped running the ball. Or kicking with any accuracy.

He's been a real surprise packet, that's for sure. Hopefully the 2017 Moses reappears in the coming contract year. 2018 Moses can f**k right off with 2018 Norman.

Pilot house

Juniors
I’m not convinced by any argument about merging it was just some dumb economic rationalist argument that was popular at the time.

The fractures are still obvious and the war still hurts(!)

I like the idea of a conference. Sydney in its own conference, get the bears, uni, Glebe and Annandale back ...who cares about the rest!

Of course there’s more kids in anandale who are vegetarians than have watched origin.

innsaneink

Referee
I’m not convinced by any argument about merging it was just some dumb economic rationalist argument that was popular at the time.

The fractures are still obvious and the war still hurts(!)

I like the idea of a conference. Sydney in its own conference, get the bears, uni, Glebe and Annandale back ...who cares about the rest!

Of course there’s more kids in anandale who are vegetarians than have watched origin.

Clinging to the past will always be painful