What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Denver Broncos News

nick87

Coach
boy i'd love the eagles to get Manny Sanders, if the Broncos are in the tank and want a second rounder, id give that up for sure. Dude is such a crisp route runner and exactly what the eagles need on the outside

shiznit

Coach
I have no idea why the Cowboys didn’t go with this type of deal for DT instead of giving us a 1st for Coop.

shiznit

Coach
Cooper is 24, whilst Thomas turns 31 next month. Discussion ended.
I love Coop... always will...

But the dude suffers terribly with inconsistent hands... some of the worst hands in the entire league.

All his age really means is you have to pay him more money... you have his option next season... then you have to decide to pay him or not.

What happens if he doesn’t come out of this slump? You could well end up giving up a 1st rounder for a year and a half rental of an underperforming player.

IMO... It would have been much smarter to go with a deal like DT or even the Golden Tate deal.

As a Raiders fan it was always going to be about this next contract... the Cowboys bailed us out of making a really tough decision.

Well TBH... it probably wasn’t tough at all... they were too cheap to pay Mack who performed brilliant... there was probably no chance they would have paid Coop.

DC_fan

Coach
I love Coop... always will...

But the dude suffers terribly with inconsistent hands... some of the worst hands in the entire league.

All his age really means is you have to pay him more money... you have his option next season... then you have to decide to pay him or not.

What happens if he doesn’t come out of this slump? You could well end up giving up a 1st rounder for a year and a half rental of an underperforming player.

IMO... It would have been much smarter to go with a deal like DT or even the Golden Tate deal.

As a Raiders fan it was always going to be about this next contract... the Cowboys bailed us out of making a really tough decision.

Well TBH... it probably wasn’t tough at all... they were too cheap to pay Mack who performed brilliant... there was probably no chance they would have paid Coop.

It really did come down to age. Which relates to long term potential. At 24 Cooper has much highe upside than does Thomas.

shiznit

Coach
It really did come down to age. Which relates to long term potential. At 24 Cooper has much highe upside than does Thomas.
That logic works... if your talking about a proven genuine #1.

But the only difference between an underperforming 24yr old and an underperforming 35yr old is you have to pay a lot more to the younger guy.

I feel really bad about ragging on Coop.... he’s a great dude... no ego and a team guy 100%.

But I gotta be honest that as a Raiders fan although i was really sad to see him go... i was pretty stoked at what we got for him.

I just don’t see why they couldn’t have got him for less... the Eagles apparently offered a 2nd... the Cowboys could have matched and offered a 3rd or 4th as well...

DC_fan

Coach
But the only difference between an underperforming 24yr old and an underperforming 35yr old is you have to pay a lot more to the younger guy.

And potentially a few more years to work on his problems. To be honest I would have rathered to have given up a 2nd rounder than a 1st. But with Cooper it was a sellers market and sometimes the buyer has to pay overseas to get what they want. And the Cowboys wanted Cooper.

DC_fan

Coach
In other Broncos news...we suck!

Vance Joseph and Joe Woods have to go!

i wouldn't say that if you close out the season with wins you will finish 9-7 and that could bring a wildcard spot in the playoffs. You finish the season playing the Browns, Raiders and Chargers. Two of them are quite winnable and the other against the Chargers maybe the decider for your season. Don't give up hope.

Latest posts