What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

sempmrh

Juniors
The applications are very on trend - using the logo as a framing device. You see that a lot and it’s pretty much how I figured the logo would be used. I feel like they could have done most of what they set out to do with the rebrand with the existing Telstra Premiership logo, albeit tweaked a little.

It looks fine, I guess. I feel like dumping the existing Telstra Premiership logo is a waste, though. It doesn’t make sense having a completely different shield to everything else, despite their explanation.

Zerô

Juniors
Love it or hate the new branding, we seem to be moving away from logos with the clubs wordmark, which is an excellent thing

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If we’re talking Telstra Premiership logos, then the original NRL logo shouldn’t be there. It was never a “Telstra Premiership” logo. It was the competition logo.

The first Telstra Premiership logo was just the words written in blue/orange Telstra font above(or was it below?) the original NRL logo.

Then came the one you’ve posted.
Then the one I posted.
Then the current one.

If you’re talking about the logo on jerseys, it went something like (roughly) original logo on green patch, original logo, original logo Telstra premiership text, the logo you posted, then the one I posted, then the current NRL corporate logo, then the current TP logo.

Either way you look at it, the timeline in the image from the Tele is wrong.
I think the original NRL logo doubled as a competition logo for the first two seasons with no premiership sponsor.

But yeah - either way the Tele have missed a bunch and confused fans in the process.

Timmah

Staff member
I wonder how they plan to use those club logos where it’s integrated into the NRL one?
Mostly on club websites, in membership materials and social/videos etc I imagine. Club logos themselves will still be used by clubs as normal.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
2.jpg

It looks like I just ranked up playing Battlefield.

kdalymc

Bench
If we’re talking Telstra Premiership logos, then the original NRL logo shouldn’t be there. It was never a “Telstra Premiership” logo. It was the competition logo.

The first Telstra Premiership logo was just the words written in blue/orange Telstra font above(or was it below?) the original NRL logo.

Then came the one you’ve posted.
Then the one I posted.
Then the current one.

If you’re talking about the logo on jerseys, it went something like (roughly) original logo on green patch, original logo, original logo Telstra premiership text, the logo you posted, then the one I posted, then the current NRL corporate logo, then the current TP logo.

Either way you look at it, the timeline in the image from the Tele is wrong.
f**k me dead

Timmah

Staff member
In order since 1998:

brand.gif
Learn-earn-legend-copy.png
telstra_2001.jpg
telstra_2007.jpg
upload_2018-10-21_18-28-32.png
ScaleWidthWyIxNDAiXQ-NRL-TP-M-LOGO-01-STA-PITCH-POS.png

There was the one in 2012 but it only seemed to appear late in the year then was replaced by the new logo set anyway.

Timmah

Staff member
Cough

images

Cough

We’re tackling the big issues here at LU......
While it was the badge on the jerseys, I believe it was only ever there because the Telstra Premiership logo wasn't approved in time. The official premiership logo was still the one in use up until this year.

callmack1

Staff member
Not sure if this pic has been posted yet,

6.JPG
Overall, I don't actually mind the new logo at all to be honest. While I loved the old one, I like how this new one looks very sleek and sophisticated. The fact that it is going to be coloured to match the club colours on jerseys is absolutely fantastic too.

However, I feel like they've really missed the mark with a few aspects of it. For one, a big miss is that without the wordmark, it is not instantly recognisable as an NRL logo and to someone that doesn't follow Rugby League, they'd have no idea what it is. The other big miss, which has already been mentioned, is the way the wordmark has been integrated. It will look sweet on jerseys like Souths, Cronulla and the Panthers but how the hell are the likes of the Roosters Dragons and possibly Storm supposed to integrate that without it looking shabby?

Overall, I think I like it though.

Craegus

Juniors
The new logo looks like it is going to be a mess on more complicated jersey designs. I threw together a Wests Tigers concept tonight based on our membership kit items and it certainly makes it difficult to fit on a design when there is more than one colour for it to sit on (especially the text below the logo).

K8kr2AM.png

Designs with hoops or vertical stripes will be ok if the logo is on one of them (stripes) or sits with part on one hoop and part on the other, but V's or any complicated design will be a far larger challenge, if not done properly the text will be lost in the design (unless it sits on a blocked background).

Tigers1986

Juniors
While it was the badge on the jerseys, I believe it was only ever there because the Telstra Premiership logo wasn't approved in time. The official premiership logo was still the one in use up until this year.

Correct. They were still negotiating the contract with Telstra and the clubs needed to print their jerseys etc and couldn't wait, so they ran with the corporate logo on all jerseys in 2013.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
A black outline around each white letter is the only solution.

Not a fan of this new branding.

They won't be that smart..

Changes like this are a big call to me..

Unless you can print in on actual 16 jerseys and have them sitting on the board room table in Moore park...

And have them been seen by a poeple for feedback..

I'm not sure how you change to this

Dawesy76

Juniors
On the broncos jerseys. It’s appearing on a few fan forums now. General opinion is split. But one of the ‘leakers’ is apparently pretty accurate.

The opinion seems to be they are real but concept designs waiting approval/new logos etc

Which brings me back to my point. Given how off those logos on the leak look, whoever did them up should try something other than MS paint.

Rooster8

Juniors
When they embroid the new logo onto supporter jerseys, will they embroid the outline of the logo plus the text separately, or just embroid a big patch?

Latest posts