What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

gzerounian

Juniors
What's the point in having a logo if you are going to end up putting tiny text outside of it. If you are that confident in the design created, then scrap "nrl telstra premiership" completely. I would be more accepting if they had just done that. But they want the best of both worlds ....they want an instantly recognisable logo with no text but at the same time are too scared that people won't know what it is, so the feel the need to spoon-fed us.

As for the logo in team colours on jerseys... I was a huge fan when the a-league did this at the start of their season last year. In fact I even wrote in here that the nrl should do the same thing. After whatching that entire season I changed my mind. The logos look non existent on the jerseys so it ends up looking like there is only one logo. I feel the a-league brand has been diluted as a result. The old vibrant orange fireball a-league logo used to be everywhere. As nice as their new logo is in design, their brand isn't as in my face as it used to be.

On a positive though I will say the image of the new nrl logo on the grass looks amazing.

gzerounian

Juniors
Clubs should intentionally use a colour other than the club colours because it looks better. I wonder if any club will offer the colour of the nrl logo to their sponsor for extra revenue?
Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 9.44.46 am.png

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Clubs should intentionally use a colour other than the club colours because it looks better. I wonder if any club will offer the colour of the nrl logo to their sponsor for extra revenue?
View attachment 24331
In one word: no.

(also, i can't see them using the blue Telstra disc version of the logo, on jerseys it'll just be the plain single colour version.)

greenBV4

Bench
Storm might use yellow as compensation for taking it out of the club logo?

I was playing around with the jersey and new logo a bit but got too annoyed.. the new logo doesnt look too bad on jerseys like knights but with chevron jerseys it just gets lost, especially when its made of light and dark colours (purple, navy, white), Roosters jersey would have the same problem

Diesel

Coach
Will each club have just one colour badge or will it change from jersey to jersey? Warriors for example should have a red NRL badge as a black or white badge would be lost on the current home/away jerseys

Timmah

Staff member
Will each club have just one colour badge or will it change from jersey to jersey? Warriors for example should have a red NRL badge as a black or white badge would be lost on the current home/away jerseys
Warriors are probably a bad example as their jerseys wont be black and white next year, but the answer is yes, the idea will almost certainly be to have the logo contrast the jersey so white on darker colours, black or potentially even coloured on lighter jerseys.

gzerounian

Juniors
Storm might use yellow as compensation for taking it out of the club logo?

It's probably the colour that would work well with most of the jerseys. Reminds me of SBS subtitles which are renowned worldwide as being one of the easiest subtitles to read.

"The distinctive colour, font and size of subtitles were adopted after extensive research. For the majority of our programs, which are broadcast in colour it was found that yellow letters with thin black borders provide the maximum degree of contrast."

But yes Melbourne would look awesome in yellow.

gzerounian

Juniors
While all this was happening, did anyone notice that the A-League logo has now also become the new FFA logo as well.

Football-Federation-of-Australia-Logo.jpg
This sounds familiar:
“Our goal is to build one brand across our whole sport. Creating greater connection, belonging, and awareness and bring our communities together,” Mr Gallop said.

This was the idea behind the 2012 NRL logo:
"From the Coogee Dolphins to the Australian Kangaroos, Rugby League teams from all levels of the game will wear a unified logo that brings the sport together with a consistent theme."

gzerounian

Juniors
I'm just so curious to see how they will get around teams like the storm and roosters. It will have to be something like. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 11.49.58 am.png

mn_tibor

Juniors
I'm just so curious to see how they will get around teams like the storm and roosters. It will have to be something like. I guess we will find out soon enough.

View attachment 24333
gzerounian - keep in mind the PREMIERSHIP text doesn't extend that far outside the shield on the jerseys as in the release below

Dp_JMuHVsAEGenI.jpg:large

Lucev23

Juniors
View attachment 24331
In my uninformed opinion, the NRL wouldn't allow that. I'd imagine they have a list of standard colours that can be used, probably 6 or 7.

Timmah

Staff member
While all this was happening, did anyone notice that the A-League logo has now also become the new FFA logo as well.

View attachment 24332
This sounds familiar:
“Our goal is to build one brand across our whole sport. Creating greater connection, belonging, and awareness and bring our communities together,” Mr Gallop said.

This was the idea behind the 2012 NRL logo:
"From the Coogee Dolphins to the Australian Kangaroos, Rugby League teams from all levels of the game will wear a unified logo that brings the sport together with a consistent theme."
The FFA strategy seems to be a hybrid of the old NRL strategy (unifying logo type across all levels) and the new NRL strategy (offering recolour per club), it's an interesting one.

The key difference with their unifying claim is that the state federations don't seem to be absolutely required to switch to the new branding, I think only Football Victoria (and only last week) have fallen into line after the FFA logo switched. The other federations still have the citrus-peel thing in its various forms - time will tell how many actually make the change.

Timmah

Staff member
It would be nice if this forum didn't censor other rugby league sites so we could see it.
Huh? He's attached it as a file to his post, you can click it and it opens full screen?

some11

Referee
When they embroid the new logo onto supporter jerseys, will they embroid the outline of the logo plus the text separately, or just embroid a big patch?
Havent bought a new jersey in a while but I thought they were just sublimated now?

Timmah

Staff member
Havent bought a new jersey in a while but I thought they were just sublimated now?
It could depend on manufacturer but I'm fairly sure player jerseys are sublimated but most replicas are still embroidered.

Latest posts