What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

gzerounian

Juniors
gzerounian - keep in mind the PREMIERSHIP text doesn't extend that far outside the shield on the jerseys as in the release below

Dp_JMuHVsAEGenI.jpg:large
I know...I found it to be too small to work with so I got creative and made my own badge to text ratio.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The NRL website has now gone with the rebrand, the green corporate logo in use on black, with a new font scheme as well.

No competition logo switch over as yet.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
On-field it'll be white with the Telstra logo coloured:

IzQoI3Q.png

I didnt like the logo originally, but having seen the way the NRL are actually planning to use the logo, im almost entirely converted....

Originally, i (like everyone) thought they were going for a "phone app" look. Now i see it in the marketing, it is pretty obvious the inspiration was actually sports gear brands.

logoblogpicture.jpg

Now, im just keen to see this on the jumpers. Im absolutely not a fan of the "logo in club colours" idea, the badge would be almost invisible. If they do ditch Green-Gold, im most font of the White chevron/badge on the black backdrop.

GAZF

First Grade
New font scheme = New jersey number font? Hopefully!
The current number font was based on the font they used for everything (rounded sans serif). The new font would be a bit bland for a number font, not terrible but lacking a bit of punch. Even if bland, it should be miles better than what we have now.

kdalymc

Bench
Ffs why is PREMIERSHIP the biggest word on there. Shouldn’t it be NRL, like it is the name of the comp...

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Ffs why is PREMIERSHIP the biggest word on there. Shouldn’t it be NRL, like it is the name of the comp...

I think the hope is that they can get to the point (like McDonald’s, Apple, etc) where the wordmark is t even needed.

I still think it would have looked better to sheink the Vs and stick NRL inside the Shield, but i understand the desire to move away from the wordmark entirely...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The name of the comp is NRL Telstra Premiership.

NRL is the name of the governing body.

sempmrh

Juniors
I like the borderless, green (sorry - "magic green") logo on black. Looks clean. That should have been the basis of the new branding.

Zerô

Juniors
I think the hope is that they can get to the point (like McDonald’s, Apple, etc) where the wordmark is t even needed.

I still think it would have looked better to sheink the Vs and stick NRL inside the Shield, but i understand the desire to move away from the wordmark entirely...

I think you're on the money here.

We'll have one or two years of NRL Premiership under the logo, and then it will just be the logo. The endgame is having a universally recognised silhouette

GAZF

First Grade

We'll have one or two years of NRL Premiership under the logo, and then it will just be the logo. The endgame is having a universally recognised silhouette
It's a shame that the top of the shield isn't flat which would at least make it closer to the other new logos.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

It will very quickly become one of the most recognisable images in Australian sport.

I just hope that, if it does go well, they dont just abandon it in 5 years for something completely different.

kdalymc

Bench
The name of the comp is NRL Telstra Premiership.

NRL is the name of the governing body.
The largest word is premiership. Nobody gives a f**k about that. We can’t even read NRL and nobody outside here and NZ knows what rugby league is

Latest posts