What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Agar Returns to England

getsmarty

Immortal
180605_womensnrl_presser_signings_agar_still_010.png

CLUB NEWS

Agar Returns to England
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 22 Oct 2018, 07:02 PM

Agar Returns to England
The St George Illawarra Dragons today announce that Richard Agar has advised the Club of his need to cut short his three-year contract to return to England for family reasons.

Agar, joined the Dragons as Junior Recruitment and High Performance Manager in November, 2017 and played a key role in the Dragons Football staff with his key duties being overseeing the Club's High Performance Unit, junior and women's recruitment.

"I would like to thank everyone at the Dragons for giving me this opportunity and for understanding my need to return to England," said Agar.

This past twelve months has been the greatest experience in my long football career

"I have had a fantastic time and am sorry that I could not have stayed longer. This past twelve months has been the greatest experience in my long football career and I wish everyone involved all the best for the future."

Dragons Director of Pathways and Performance Ian Millward supported Agar's decision to depart the club.

"Richard was a great addition to our organisation and we are very disappointed to see him leave, but understand that family needs to come first and he goes with our best wishes," said Millward.

"He has done a fantastic job with our High Performance Unit and so too our junior recruitment and was instrumental in compiling our inaugural Women's NRL Team which has inspired women and girls across our region.

In the immediate future, the Dragons will re-assess the structure of the recruitment and retention department before making any staff changes.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/10/22/agar-returns-to-england/

BLM01

First Grade
Waste of money and a Millward enforced recommended signing by the Dragons. The English club he coached at for a few years their fans were like us to get rid of Mary, and when he left they celebrated in the streets for days, just like we will at either Kogarah or Wollongong...or in fact where ever you live. It will be like New Year eve.

Gareth67

First Grade
It all adds up . With this chap gone our ever so smart board will now be able to nudged Bennett into his place , waiting for Mary’s first failure in season 2019 , he Bennett will then become coach with Mary relegated to the Junior Recruitment officer position.

Well play joint venture old boys club !

SEAT 1A

Bench
In the immediate future, the Dragons will re-assess the structure of the recruitment and retention department before making any staff changes.

Can't work with Mary. Flogging the dead horse (players injuries) or management decides position not needed as the women's comp is up and running.

Crush

Coach
Yep, must be Paul Mcgregor's fault. No other possibility. Unless its a positive, then its anyone but Paul's doing.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
So when Baz finally gets the cut from Manly he will be home at Wollongong next to his mate Mary. Good stuff Dragons, vacate the role for Baz to vacate until Mary gets the flick. That is my tip on this. Dominoes effect. Hasler goes to Manly, Agar leaves Saints, Baz joins Saints as Assistant. Hornby can look after the Girls team.

BLM01

First Grade
It all adds up . With this chap gone our ever so smart board will now be able to nudged Bennett into his place , waiting for Mary’s first failure in season 2019 , he Bennett will then become coach with Mary relegated to the Junior Recruitment officer position.

Well play joint venture old boys club !
How can Mary spot junior talent, when he cant do seniors?. He does not even know how to read a game and make changes on the run. But not his fault. Not everyone can be a good coach.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
180605_womensnrl_presser_signings_agar_still_010.png

CLUB NEWS

Agar Returns to England
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 22 Oct 2018, 07:02 PM

Agar Returns to England
The St George Illawarra Dragons today announce that Richard Agar has advised the Club of his need to cut short his three-year contract to return to England for family reasons.

Agar, joined the Dragons as Junior Recruitment and High Performance Manager in November, 2017 and played a key role in the Dragons Football staff with his key duties being overseeing the Club's High Performance Unit, junior and women's recruitment.

"I would like to thank everyone at the Dragons for giving me this opportunity and for understanding my need to return to England," said Agar.

This past twelve months has been the greatest experience in my long football career

"I have had a fantastic time and am sorry that I could not have stayed longer. This past twelve months has been the greatest experience in my long football career and I wish everyone involved all the best for the future."

Dragons Director of Pathways and Performance Ian Millward supported Agar's decision to depart the club.

"Richard was a great addition to our organisation and we are very disappointed to see him leave, but understand that family needs to come first and he goes with our best wishes," said Millward.

"He has done a fantastic job with our High Performance Unit and so too our junior recruitment and was instrumental in compiling our inaugural Women's NRL Team which has inspired women and girls across our region.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/10/22/agar-returns-to-england/
A lot of people who join us develop family reasons

Warabrook saint

Juniors
So when Baz finally gets the cut from Manly he will be home at Wollongong next to his mate Mary. Good stuff Dragons, vacate the role for Baz to vacate until Mary gets the flick. That is my tip on this. Dominoes effect. Hasler goes to Manly, Agar leaves Saints, Baz joins Saints as Assistant. Hornby can look after the Girls team.
You forget mean dean

Latest posts