What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dallas Cowboys News

Haffa

DjJayk7X4AAYsft.jpg

DC_fan

Coach
The Cowboys have cut Dan Bailey, the greatest kicker in NFL history. Injuries have caught up with him

Haffa

Dak has thrown 0 TD passes in 6 of his last 9 games. In his last 9 games, he's thrown 6 TDs, 9 INTs and passed for 181 or fewer yards 7 of 9 times.

Since Carson tore up his knee in week 14 the record for TD passes thrown is

Carson:1
Dak:1

DC_fan

Coach
Dak has thrown 0 TD passes in 6 of his last 9 games. In his last 9 games, he's thrown 6 TDs, 9 INTs and passed for 181 or fewer yards 7 of 9 times.

Since Carson tore up his knee in week 14 the record for TD passes thrown is

Carson:1
Dak:1

My concern, and I believe with most Cowboys fans, is that Prescott will be just a rookie wonder. He needs to turn around his game, and quickly. Or else, Dallas will go shopping for a new qb. I think Linehan also needs to take some of the blame for Prescott’s showings. This is supposed to be a Prescott friendly offence.

nick87

Coach
I think Dak is going to settle in the league as a bottom 3rd starting qb
The sort of guy who’d be ok on team with a ton of weapons, good line and good coach
Typically game manager. He’s not going to win you games consistently on his arm

DC_fan

Coach
I think Dak is going to settle in the league as a bottom 3rd starting qb
The sort of guy who’d be ok on team with a ton of weapons, good line and good coach
Typically game manager. He’s not going to win you games consistently on his arm

Time will tell on this. But he does need to lift his game, as does the entire offensive side of the ball

Haffa

I don’t see the relevancy of this comparison. It is what happens in the future that counts, and this will decide if Prescott has a future as a Cowboys quarterback or not.

At some point Garret and Lineham will get the flick. Will their replacements be happy with Dak? I know Jerruh loves him but he's not a pocket passer at all and if they keep calling those playing he's going to continue to throw for less than 200 yards per game.

DC_fan

Coach
At some point Garret and Lineham will get the flick. Will their replacements be happy with Dak? I know Jerruh loves him but he's not a pocket passer at all and if they keep calling those playing he's going to continue to throw for less than 200 yards per game.

Now that is better explained.

Jones loves everyone who is a part of his team, and really does not like unloading people. It was difficult for him to let Dez Bryant go.

The offense this season was supposed to be Prescott friendly, as in passing. Well so far that does not appear to be the case. You are right Dak is not a pocket passer. He is at his best when he can use his feet in combination with his arm. This is shown in the games he has led to the Cowbpys to victory, where his rushing average is 4.1, compared to games lost at 2.8. In losses he averages just 2.8 runs per game, whilst in wins he averages 4.1 runs. He also averages .16 touchdowns a game rushing in games lost, whilst in games won that average sits at .43. Obviously when you are behind you are more likely to pass than run which can distort stats, but it is an interesting stat to compare.

I am not sure Prescott will ever be a great passer, but I dont believe he has to be for him to be successful.

shiznit

Coach
Great kid. He hasn’t really reached anywhere near his peak due to having a new coach/coordinator nearly every season he’s been in the league.

I hope he f**king kills it for you guys.

Latest posts