What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

imgunawin72

Juniors
I don't even wanna hazard a guess with RMC and Shield, but I'm gonna attempt to piece together the teams for next year in ISP and Flegg (because why not):

ISP
Blacktown Workers - Manly
Canterbury - Canterbury
Mounties - Canberra
Newcastle - Newcastle
Newtown - Cronulla
North Sydney - Roosters
Penrith - Penrith
St Geo Illa - St Geo Illa
South Sydney - South Sydney
Warriors - Warriors
Wentworthville - Parramatta
Wests Magpies - Wests Tigers
  • 12 team competition
  • Wyong out, Rabbitohs in.
  • Norths shift allegiance from Souths to Roosters for feeder club.
  • Not sure there are any other changes?
Jersey Flegg
Canberra
Canterbury
Cronulla
Manly
Newcastle
Parramatta
Penrith
St Geo Illa
South Sydney
Sydney Roosters
Victoria Thunderbolts (Storm)
Wests Tigers
  • 12 team competition
  • Canberra take back their team from Mounties
  • Norths I presume are gone with Souths bringing back their own side, and the Roosters haven't said anything indicating their U20 side would migrate to Norths (the media release on both sites only mentions ISP). Even if that happens, it's one or the other so a team is culled.
  • Victoria come in as Storm's feeder.
  • I understood the Warriors were pulling their team out, does that sound right?
What’s happening with the Fiji bid to enter the nsw ISP?

Pantherman72

Juniors
I don't even wanna hazard a guess with RMC and Shield, but I'm gonna attempt to piece together the teams for next year in ISP and Flegg (because why not):

ISP
Blacktown Workers - Manly
Canterbury - Canterbury
Mounties - Canberra
Newcastle - Newcastle
Newtown - Cronulla
North Sydney - Roosters
Penrith - Penrith
St Geo Illa - St Geo Illa
South Sydney - South Sydney
Warriors - Warriors
Wentworthville - Parramatta
Wests Magpies - Wests Tigers
  • 12 team competition
  • Wyong out, Rabbitohs in.
  • Norths shift allegiance from Souths to Roosters for feeder club.
  • Not sure there are any other changes?
Jersey Flegg
Canberra
Canterbury
Cronulla
Manly
Newcastle
Parramatta
Penrith
St Geo Illa
South Sydney
Sydney Roosters
Victoria Thunderbolts (Storm)
Wests Tigers
  • 12 team competition
  • Canberra take back their team from Mounties
  • Norths I presume are gone with Souths bringing back their own side, and the Roosters haven't said anything indicating their U20 side would migrate to Norths (the media release on both sites only mentions ISP). Even if that happens, it's one or the other so a team is culled.
  • Victoria come in as Storm's feeder.
  • I understood the Warriors were pulling their team out, does that sound right?
Norths and Roosters are both having 20s teams and are run separately.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The article talks about setting up in Suva, looks money is the only thing stopping them. I wonder if they’ll try n link with an NRL club. Again if they do a Sydney base would help with that.
Is there anyone left to link up with though? Not sure NSWRL allows clubs to have multiple ISP feeders.

Timmah

Staff member
Must be a new rule after Wests Tigers voluntarily decided to discontinue 2 ISP feeder clubs.
They haven't had 2 ISP feeders since 2012? The last time any club did looks to be 2014 when the Roosters had crossover between Newtown and Wyong.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Is there anyone left to link up with though? Not sure NSWRL allows clubs to have multiple ISP feeders.

They have before with Cronulla and Melbourne sharing a side.

If it's in the mindset of growth of the game and bringing in a Fijian side, I'm sure they'd be all for it. Could easily work a 13-team ISP and give each team a bye each round.

Timmah

Staff member
They have before with Cronulla and Melbourne sharing a side.

If it's in the mindset of growth of the game and bringing in a Fijian side, I'm sure they'd be all for it. Could easily work a 13-team ISP and give each team a bye each round.
That was back in 2013.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Nope, but Fiji have continually talked about getting into NSWRL, I doubt they'd switch to QRL after all these years.
Well if the qldrl can have the PNG team with no NRL link, then surely the nswrl can allow Fiji to join the ISP without an NRL link?

Timmah

Staff member
Well if the qldrl can have the PNG team with no NRL link, then surely the nswrl can allow Fiji to join the ISP without an NRL link?
Yeah I'm not saying that can't be done, fairly sure Wyong's first season was unattached in ISP - I thought you meant for Fiji to enter the QRL. haha

Tigers1986

Juniors
I'd forgotten Wyong went it alone when they first joined. Mighty strong effort of them to do as well as they did that inaugural season.

I'd love Fiji to get in moreso for the chance of an away trip.

imgunawin72

Juniors
With the NRL draw out , the nswrl draws must be close to being out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Are they doing that dumb thing before the normal comp again?

Timmah

Staff member
With the NRL draw out , the nswrl draws must be close to being out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Are they doing that dumb thing before the normal comp again?
Even when the NRL has been a bit earlier NSWRL generally still wait til close to Xmas before anything, and even then it's usually ISP first with RMC/SS later.

Latest posts