What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Knights NRL Draw

Haffa

Leaked round 1 has us playing Cronulla at home at 6pm on Friday.

Will we end up playing all our home games at this horrendous time slot?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Ehhh, someone needs to fill the 6pm Friday slot.

Ill only be pissed if we have more than other teams. But the NRL is usually pretty good in streading the shitty slots.

I remember the old rule for Mondays was no more than 2 home games per season.

Knight76

Juniors
Pretty shitty draw, two runs of three 6pm timeslots in a row.

Get ready for that again this coming season.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I think we had 6 friday night 6pm timeslot games last year from memory?

But my count (excluding Easter) we had 7 in the slot with 4 at Home.

The away games are broadly irrelevant (just a pain to get home in time to watch it), but that many 6pm games at home is a massive brake on our crowd average.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I’ll be surprised if we don’t get a few more channel 9 games in 2019 considering how marketable Ponga has become. Seriously he was probably the most entertaining player in the league to watch this year so why wouldn’t 9 want a piece of that.

I’ll make my judgement once I’ve seen the whole draw.

"It is also understood the 6pm Friday night game has proven popular with Knights corporates and is looked apon far more favourably than an early afternoon Saturday game."

Well as long as the richies are happy...

Haffa

No need renewing my kids memberships. With their sports on saturday the only games we could get to last season were those on a Sunday and a single late season saturday. Looks like I’ll be coming down for games on my own.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Still a shitty scenario for a team that pulls crowds. Shows tv money rules but I guess that is the games future.

f**ks me off Sydney gets a heap of local derbies on Sunday that will draw a capacity of 15k.

Guess we need to win more to be relevant again...fair.

Latest posts