What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett's Replacement

Big Pete

Referee
According to multiple sources (Liam Cox, Brent Read, Chris Garry etc.) the Broncos have signed Anthony Seibold for 2020. Seibold could takeover as early as next month as long as every party is accommodated.

Have the Broncos got their man? Or is Seibold going to follow a similar trajectory as Ivan Henjak?

Big Pete

Referee
It seems like this is going to become reality, Anthony Seibold has the biggest shoes and the massive weight of expectations.

The impression I have of this situation is that Paul White was caught with his hand in the cookie jar. White took a stab at bringing the best coach in the game, Craig Bellamy, to the club and once that became public knowledge, the Broncos had to scramble and find the right coach.

They've settled on Anthony Seibold, the reigning Dally M coach of the year and the best attacking coach of 2018. Seibold was the best option on the market and at the very least the Broncos can rest easy knowing they didn't have to settle.

Yet I can't stop feeling anxious about this signing. Seibold's pedigree wasn't anything to behold - he failed to get a Queensland Cup team into the finals and from there it was a string of assistant coach gigs. His biggest claim to fame before Souths was being apart of the successful Queensland 2017 campaign. It must hurt Kevie to know that somehow the Broncos thought his assistant was more vital than Kev was in that victory.

Brisbane have rolled the dice here, Seibold has until 2021 to deliver a premiership, otherwise it's off to the market once more.

blaza88z

Coach
I too have mixed feelings, there are a few positives but most of those revolve around the year Souths just had, we're still a club building and although the future looks bright you'd hate to see us go backwards.. well I would, a bulk of this forum would thoroughly enjoy it

Bronco18

Juniors
They've settled on Anthony Seibold, the reigning Dally M coach of the year and the best attacking coach of 2018. Seibold was the best option on the market and at the very least the Broncos can rest easy knowing they didn't have to settle.

For this reason alone, I’m glad we went Seibold over Maguire.

Souths premiership felt like a Melbourne style game plan which is all well and good if you’ve got the best pack in the comp, a fit and firing Inglis at the back and Reynold’s pinpoint kicking game. After ~that year~ they were really pretty impotent and didn’t have much variation until Seibold took the reigns.

You’re right though, it’s not a lot to be going with. Some of Souths success could be attributed to the emergence of Chrighton, Murray, Cook’s ownership of the 9 jersey and Sutton pulling his finger out for a new contract.