What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

Whatever era, whatever thing it is (toy, song, show, object, pass-time, whatever)

What are some of the things you remember of your childhood that may be shared by others here on LU..

Pics or clips suggest best to post. To start..

Anyone remember this from Sesame Street.. The coolest song for me as an ankle-biter and still as cool to this day IMO. I played it in the office a few weeks ago and can't tell you how many heads craned around, eyebrows raised and comments of "I remember that!".

crewley

Juniors
Beyblade was really popular in the early 2000's. Friends and I would battle and see who has the better beyblade.

toys-every-90s-kid-played-24.jpg

The Rosco

Bench
Ball bearing races for billycart wheels. Fast, no grip, hellishly loud.

Anyone else make them this way?
Yeah, that was the way they were. No disrespect to Fire . . but dude ? . . really? that billycart with the fancy identical matching timber, and the laundry trolley wheels ? Where did you grow up ? St Ives ?
Ball bearings all the way. Traction was for pussies. Ironically, we sometimes ended up in traction.
My additions . . . Triple treat ice-creams.
The pretend candy cigarettes called "androtops" ( the old school term for ciggies that rhymes with "bags) sigh.( the PC would have a triple melt down if these were still around. Cigarettes, candy, androtops ).
The little 300ml or so bottles of milk at school. Yeah, the ones the milko left in the sun all morning.
Also, an actual milko.
Paper boys. Little merkins would come around 7am Sunday blowing their whistle till you woke up. On the plus side, you only had to walk out the front in your dressing gown to get your papers. Also, in summer the milf next door used to come out in her lil summer PJ's with her boobies jubbling about happily as she hopped/skipped across her lawn to avoid the bindii's. Aahhh the memories.
Good times.

Fire

First Grade
No disrespect to Fire . . but dude ? . . really? that billycart with the fancy identical matching timber, and the laundry trolley wheels ? Where did you grow up ? St Ives ?.
Haha no mate it was just a generic Google image.

We used to have golf buggy wheels with the tires taken off so you could drift/get sideways easier.

Good times indeed.

slip-n-slide-backyard.jpg

2B6CC5DD00000578-3200386-image-m-10_1439781914793.jpg

What a country to grow up in...

All great pics @Fire

Gotta say the slip and slide - an absolute classic, always fraught with crashes into fences, grass burns, and general carnage.

And sneaking a peek at the old mans' stash of grot - or ones you'd buy off the school scallywag who worked at the local newsagent, flogging them for $2 a pop...

happy days..

Last edited:
8C52C120-3499-410C-814C-625BF4B31601.jpeg

Christmas morning was reserved for listening to the 12th Man.

If there was a new one released that year, it was a must purchase and you wouldn’t “spoil” it by listening to it earlier. As soon as the last present was opened, out came the boom-box and gut-busting laughs ensued. Followed by an encore after lunch.

“...Rubbish Binni was left out by the selectors last night...” still a personal favourite and a “go-to” of mine. :relaxed:

Then a rousing game of Test Match.

We ended painting our fielders in one-day colours. The blokes crouching at silly-mid Australian (Boon + moustache) and West Indian for Gus Logie.

The Bowler, Big Merv (plus moustache of course)

One outfielder was painted as England and was Phil “Toofers” Tufnell. Whenever the ball hit him and he fell over, the place erupted in laughs.

A7ECD078-640D-4D58-ADD3-E0083260849D.jpeg

Latest posts