What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Taka is the one surplus to needs. He needs to go to the UK or start his post league career as the doorman at Kicks Nightclub.

What would Taka cost?
He does offer good utility value. My guess is he is on around 250k. In top 17 there are 2 x centres and 3 backrowers. That is 5/17 spots he can fill.
A guy like Bevan is good for 3 (Realy one) So I see Taka as more valuable. Both may start for Wenty but Taka being needed due to an injury is higher.

Eelogical

Referee
What would Taka cost?
He does offer good utility value. My guess is he is on around 250k. In top 17 there are 2 x centres and 3 backrowers. That is 5/17 spots he can fill.
A guy like Bevan is good for 3 (Realy one) So I see Taka as more valuable. Both may start for Wenty but Taka being needed due to an injury is higher.
Which one is Bevan good for? Refresh my memory with some 2018 highlights again. Taka is Taka. Good bloke and all but hardly one that gets you excited when he fills in for an injury. Yes, he can play a few positions but not very well. If he was a car he'd be a Prius. Bevan would be a Mini Cooper.

hindy111

Post Whore
Bevan is a fullback. At wing with Fergo and Jennings starting other guys can fill in. Sivo,Dunster,Parry,GL all maybe able to do a better job on wing then Bevan.

But at centres lets say Haynes not here. One spot is MJ and who? Guth perhaps if Bevans fullback. Taka would be first back up at centre or maybe even an option to start.
In 2nd row Manu,Tepai,Lane are in top 17. You then have most likey Niakuore or Taka next inline. So at this stage Taka offers value to the team. Heck mid game he is also capable of filling in at 5/8 if a half went down.
Id rather we kept Taka over Bevan or Hoffman. Unless BA wants to start Bevan at no 1. If all 3 are not in the strongest 17 when fit then Taka offers the most cover.

strider

Post Whore
Bevan is a fullback. At wing with Fergo and Jennings starting other guys can fill in. Sivo,Dunster,Parry,GL all maybe able to do a better job on wing then Bevan.

But at centres lets say Haynes not here. One spot is MJ and who? Guth perhaps if Bevans fullback. Taka would be first back up at centre or maybe even an option to start.
In 2nd row Manu,Tepai,Lane are in top 17. You then have most likey Niakuore or Taka next inline. So at this stage Taka offers value to the team. Heck mid game he is also capable of filling in at 5/8 if a half went down.
Id rather we kept Taka over Bevan or Hoffman. Unless BA wants to start Bevan at no 1. If all 3 are not in the strongest 17 when fit then Taka offers the most cover.
You argue a fair case

Gronk

Staff member
NRL said:
Each club's top 30 must fit under a $9.6 million salary cap in 2019, with the minimum wage for players ranked 1-26 on earnings being $105,000 and $72,500 for players 27-30.

* plus undisclosed TPA sombrero
quote.gif
arrangements