What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad succession

JokerEel

Coach
We have a bottom 2 forward pack. Well done to Arthur for his recruitment vision.

We have an OK pack...

Paulo
Mahoney
Alvaro
Ma'u
Moeroa
Brown

Lane
Mannah
Terepo
Niukore

Gower
Stone
Evans
Davey

Then we have;

Utoikamanu
Kaufusi
Fainga’a
Cronin

Gronk

Staff member
The first official signings announcement since July. Still nothing about re-signings ffs:

Utility: Gutherson (25), Salmon, Smith, Takairangi (30)
Fullback: French (23)
W/C: Ferguson, Hoffman (31), M.Jennings (31), Sivo
Half: Moses (25), Norman (28)
Hooker: -
Edge forward: Davey (28), Lane, Ma'u (31), Moeroa (24)
Tight forward: Alvaro (26), Brown, Evans, Mannah (31), Paulo

Utility: Salmon (21), Smith (28)
Fullback: -
W/C: Ferguson, Sivo (27)
Half: -
Edge forward: Lane (26)
Tight forward: Brown, Evans (28), Paulo

Utility: -
W/C: Ferguson (31)
Edge forward: -
Tight forward: Brown (28), Paulo

Utility: -
W/C: -
Edge forward: -
Tight forward: Paulo (29)

So we (officially) have at least 20 merkins in next year's squad.

A merkin on twitter said this moning that Mennings is under contract until 2020. I jumped on Zero Tackle and that page says the same.

Is there any chance that the option in his favour was for two years ? Anyone ?

Gazzamatta

Coach
A merkin on twitter said this moning that Mennings is under contract until 2020. I jumped on Zero Tackle and that page says the same.

Is there any chance that the option in his favour was for two years ? Anyone ?
Well this is Parramatta.
Tell the prick he will not play NRL this year (or next) and introduce him to Rip.
How he was continually selected last year was unbelievable. Stop the hugs and get tough BA.

Chipmunk

Coach
Well this is Parramatta.
Tell the prick he will not play NRL this year (or next) and introduce him to Rip.
How he was continually selected last year was unbelievable. Stop the hugs and get tough BA.

Would he really care what grade he was going to play if he is on $800k for the next two years?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Would he really care what grade he was going to play if he is on $800k for the next two years?
Yep I reckon he would. Maybe handle it a bit better. Tell him his form was poor last season and he will be starting at Wenty and if he shows whats required he would be considered for NRL. BA is a dead man walking if he doesn't make tough decisions.

Chipmunk

Coach
Yep I reckon he would. Maybe handle it a bit better. Tell him his form was poor last season and he will be starting at Wenty and if he shows whats required he would be considered for NRL. BA is a dead man walking if he doesn't make tough decisions.

Let's be honest, if Jennings is on a contract for the next two season, it's fair to say that he will probably outlast the current coach, and I dare say Jennings knows that.

whall15

Coach
2019_squads_eels-1.jpg

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/02/2019-nrl-rosters-official-squads-announced-for-all-teams/

Latest posts