What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger Ted

Bench
To be fair Ted, he may have landed them in salary cap shit, but he made the finals five of the six years he was there, including two grand finals. We haven't made the finals in seven years and we seemed to have plenty of salary cap dramas with backloading contracts. I know which I would prefer.
Yep I’d certainly b thrilled with those results.Thing about the dogs irrespective of who the coach is they rarely miss the finals.They will b back on there feet after recent dramas sooner than most people think coz their decision makers tend to have a high rugby league IQ & they r a ruthless club who as a base objective expect to consistently play finals footy.

With Madge at the helm as long as he has total autonomy of running the footy team I am massively confident we are on the cusp of an era where we should qualify for September footy on a consistent basis.I will b surprised if Madge doesn’t turn out to b the joint ventures most successful coach & he very well could b at the helm for the next decade.

Tiger05

First Grade
Apparentlty Klemmer's up for grabs as he feels he's under paid at the Doggies but the big draw back is his Manager!...............

I'd love him on reasonable dollars that makes it possible to develop a quality team. That manager is a club killer. Any player on a million dollars a season is a potential disaster. A prop on that money had better be superman.

Tiger05

First Grade
Yep I’d certainly b thrilled with those results.Thing about the dogs irrespective of who the coach is they rarely miss the finals.They will b back on there feet after recent dramas sooner than most people think coz their decision makers tend to have a high rugby league IQ & they r a ruthless club who as a base objective expect to consistently play finals footy.

With Madge at the helm as long as he has total autonomy of running the footy team I am massively confident we are on the cusp of an era where we should qualify for September footy on a consistent basis.I will b surprised if Madge doesn’t turn out to b the joint ventures most successful coach & he very well could b at the helm for the next decade.

We can't have coaches with complete autonomy. It's too much pressure on them and too much incentive to go for a short term results grab.

They obviously have a lot of input but for instance signing Reynolds and Packer to long term big money deals were poor decisions by IC. We need some governance to stop that happening.

WT2K

Juniors
ROOSTERS SET SIGHTS ON BROOKS

Luke Brooks is the reigning halfback of the year and remains without a deal heading into the 2020 season — the ideal scenario for a young halfback in the prime of his career.

The Roosters have emerged as a contender for his signature, eyeing the 23-year-old off as a replacement for Cooper Cronk who finishes his deal with the premiers in 2019.

Brooks is managed by Isaac Moses, who also brokered the deal for Tedesco to join the Roosters from Wests Tigers at the end of last year.

Tedesco and Brooks are close friends and it’s believed the two are keen to link up again at the Roosters.

The last time Brooks was off contract he was in a tussle with Tedesco, Aaron Woods and Mitchell Moses to remain at the Wests Tigers, and was the only player of ‘the big four’ to stay loyal — and for less than his current worth.

After his best season in the NRL to date and with few playmakers on the market, Brooks will be in high demand, with Eels, Raiders and Warriors also looking at their halves options beyond next season.

It puts plenty of pressure on the Wests Tigers to retain him, given he has been touted as a player the club want to build around.
https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...4bb3b835aa040048820?__twitter_impression=true

Tiger Ted

Bench
We can't have coaches with complete autonomy. It's too much pressure on them and too much incentive to go for a short term results grab.

They obviously have a lot of input but for instance signing Reynolds and Packer to long term big money deals were poor decisions by IC. We need some governance to stop that happening.
Unlike the unscrupulous gump Cleary, Madge won’t take short cuts & he is a heck of a lot more astute than gus’s bootlicker.

The bootlicker’s recruitment & reckless spending was reprehensible which has left Madge with a bit of a mess which will take a while to clean up although Madge’s brutal training regime may naturally expedite the exit of 1 or 2 of the overpaid shite Cleary recruited !

Tiger Ted

Bench
ROOSTERS SET SIGHTS ON BROOKS

Luke Brooks is the reigning halfback of the year and remains without a deal heading into the 2020 season — the ideal scenario for a young halfback in the prime of his career.

The Roosters have emerged as a contender for his signature, eyeing the 23-year-old off as a replacement for Cooper Cronk who finishes his deal with the premiers in 2019.

Brooks is managed by Isaac Moses, who also brokered the deal for Tedesco to join the Roosters from Wests Tigers at the end of last year.

Tedesco and Brooks are close friends and it’s believed the two are keen to link up again at the Roosters.

The last time Brooks was off contract he was in a tussle with Tedesco, Aaron Woods and Mitchell Moses to remain at the Wests Tigers, and was the only player of ‘the big four’ to stay loyal — and for less than his current worth.

After his best season in the NRL to date and with few playmakers on the market, Brooks will be in high demand, with Eels, Raiders and Warriors also looking at their halves options beyond next season.

It puts plenty of pressure on the Wests Tigers to retain him, given he has been touted as a player the club want to build around.
https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...4bb3b835aa040048820?__twitter_impression=true
No surprise as Isaac the cant Moses dislikes WT immensely & only recently emphasised to a heavy hitter in the Balmain juniors that he will do his utmost to get Brooks a gig elsewhere.Typically Brooks finally has a decent season for us just when negotiations re his next contract can begin & hence gifts his shitbag manager all the aces in negotiations.

WT2K

Juniors
No surprise as Isaac the cant Moses dislikes WT immensely & only recently emphasised to a heavy hitter in the Balmain juniors that he will do his utmost to get Brooks a gig elsewhere.Typically Brooks finally has a decent season for us just when negotiations re his next contract can begin & hence gifts his shitbag manager all the aces in negotiations.
Not one bit surprised tbh

Pilot house

Juniors
Any Marquee I was interviewing in a cafe in person I’d take a shrink or hynoptist in with me to work on their headspace.

Yes for 3 years @ $250k a year.

Front-Rower

First Grade
As if the Roosters will sign Brooks lol unless they need a reserve half

Edit - on second thought though, Robinson would probably allow him total control of the team and he wouldn’t have to fight off the egotisticals

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
I think the roosters will get an ok half and give the reigns to Keary. He showed in the GF he is ready to step up and become a dominant play maker. Unlikely Brooks will be on their radar
Yep there’s no doubt the rorters r way to astute to b chasing an under achieving inept game manager like Brooks.Its on the cards that he will return to pre ‘18 form straight after Isaac sucks a club into signing him on massive overs like he did with the tanka & Shazza & their insane respective parra & bulldog contracts.

Tiger05

First Grade
Yep there’s no doubt the rorters r way to astute to b chasing an under achieving inept game manager like Brooks.Its on the cards that he will return to pre ‘18 form straight after Isaac sucks a club into signing him on massive overs like he did with the tanka & Shazza & their insane respective parra & bulldog contracts.

I rate Brooks and I want him to stay but the financials matter. If we are getting screwed over the best option for the club is to just let him go.

Moses and Sharon are liabilities for a team on the dollars that they are earning. There is a high chance of this happening again.

Still I hope Brooks re-signs with the club without drama and on a contract that he deserves.

macnaz

Staff member
Id be offering Brooks an extension .. if he doesnt accept you can expect he is ready to play Moses's game in 12 months time so id be making a very serious play for Jonhson and get him onboard pronto.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I've said this at least 20 times on this forum for years, Brooks plays like a superstar when he is next to an experienced half partner and is allowed to just run the ball and play what is in-front of him.

2014 - Anasta - Brooks Rookie of the year
2015 - Austin - Brooks plodder
2016 - Moses - Brooks plodder
2017 - Moses/Lolohea - Brooks plodder
2018 - Benji - Brooks Halfback of the year

Not a co-incidence.

gordsy

Juniors
I've said this at least 20 times on this forum for years, Brooks plays like a superstar when he is next to an experienced half partner and is allowed to just run the ball and play what is in-front of him.

2014 - Anasta - Brooks Rookie of the year
2015 - Austin - Brooks plodder
2016 - Moses - Brooks plodder
2017 - Moses/Lolohea - Brooks plodder
2018 - Benji - Brooks Halfback of the year

Not a co-incidence.
True but I don't see his game as having evolved just the consistency. For more $$$$ then we're paying him now you'd want a kicking game and the ability to close out and win games.

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't buy the line that Brooks needs an experienced half and he was great with Anasta and Benji. He has been the same player for years excluding last year when he really came on.

Anasta and Brooks played very few games together. Brooks was good when Benji played last year but he was just as good without Benji.