What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger Ted

Bench
True but I don't see his game as having evolved just the consistency. For more $$$$ then we're paying him now you'd want a kicking game and the ability to close out and win games.
Exactly & it’s y its concerning that we may b foolish enough to get sucked in by Isaac moses & offer him $1m/season for his next contract.He isn’t worth anywhere near the kind of inflated money moses will b demanding.

Pilot house

Juniors
It always amazes me that almost every single year a few sides can end with more marquees that you can poke a stick at, while others have 1 or 2 at best. Not that clubs, dripping with marquees, say manly etc have over performed!

Is there a case for recruiting the roosters recruiting staff? Paying the big bucks to bring in the back office talent.

gordsy

Juniors
It always amazes me that almost every single year a few sides can end with more marquees that you can poke a stick at, while others have 1 or 2 at best. Not that clubs, dripping with marquees, say manly etc have over performed!

Is there a case for recruiting the roosters recruiting staff? Paying the big bucks to bring in the back office talent.
You reckon West will stump up the money to pay for them ?

Pilot house

Juniors
You reckon West will stump up the money to pay for them ?

Well i don’t know how much they cost but they would be on my priority list.

The roosters seem to have been consistently good for quite a while against the rest of the nrl and marquees arrive but also they seem to capture players on the up. Storm is similarly excellent. At full belt, they spotted and signed slater, smith, gi and Cronk as relative youngsters. That was just recruitment gold.

Still you let woods go just before he turned into a chocolate mousse and retired! Well spotted.

Last edited:

Front-Rower

First Grade

It’s quite simple really, where would you rather play if you were regarded in the top 10% and given a choice of offers? In that team which has a chance of winning a competition or a team that may struggle to make the 8/win a game?

I remember an interview with Ryan Hoffman once where he was asked why he didn’t play for Wests being a junior. And his response was basically that he had more chance of winning a comp in Melbourne than at Wests.

There's no way that Easts won't have a chat to Brooks. If Keary needs just an OK half to help him out why did they go for Cronk? Brooks will be paid under the table if he goes to Easts, just like Teddy is.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Most coaches who link up with a new club bring along a couple of their favourites and not always with success, now.,Madge has been out of the loop for 12 months so who is he capable of landing?.

super_coach

First Grade
Just hope the Brooks thing is sorted quickly and doesn’t derail our season. Of course I would rather he re signs, but if he decides to move on, make the call now so we can start planning for 2020.

WT2K

Juniors
Just hope the Brooks thing is sorted quickly and doesn’t derail our season. Of course I would rather he re signs, but if he decides to move on, make the call now so we can start planning for 2020.
I dont think we can expect anything to happen until Madge is back and pre-season is underway but like you I hope its sorted one way or another before round one.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Keep in mind (allegedly) Politis refuses to deal with Isaac Moses. The only reason Tedesco went over was because Minichiello chimed in to make it happen.

macnaz

Staff member
Keep in mind (allegedly) Politis refuses to deal with Isaac Moses. The only reason Tedesco went over was because Minichiello chimed in to make it happen.
True ... but its all tough guy talk .. that shitbag would even let Rolf Harris mediate if he wanted to buy someone.

macnaz

Staff member
I must say ive always been a big fan of Brooks and still think his best football is yet to come and it would be such a shame to have that happen elsewhere.
Its also a pity that a lot of young people these days feel that changing to a club to gain an easy premiership is something heroic or to be proud about.
I guess they will have that on their resume but they will never be remembered as a legend and part of a clubs folklore and history in the many long years after they have played their last game.
Paul Gallen is a good example , love or hate him he stood by the club his whole career and helped achieve something Cronulla fans will talk about forever.
Hey Brooksy .. be a champion mate ,be a leader .. dont be a follower like all the others .

Tiger05

First Grade
I'd have a breakdown if Brooks leaves or if they have to pay him some crazy amount of money that screws us over for the term of his contract. Seeing the way the other 3 morons went on when they left and the way Cleary has gone about his business doesn't sit right with me.

I'm hopeful Brooks re-signing will be announced soon and we don't have a season of drama. I'd rather cut our losses than have to bend over backwards to keep guys that should want to remain at the club because they love it.

Tiger05

First Grade
Pascoe said in the Maguire announcement there will be no other changes to the coaching staff. Sandercock, Webster and Hodgson all stay.

I thought that was well handled as well. We can't bend over backwards for players or coaches.

Das Hassler

Bench
Cameron Smith and Melbourne are in contract gridlock and it's starting to get a little ugly...this Mr Moses might have been too late to part the red sea but he may well yet part the purple storm

Tiger Ted

Bench
I'd have a breakdown if Brooks leaves or if they have to pay him some crazy amount of money that screws us over for the term of his contract. Seeing the way the other 3 morons went on when they left and the way Cleary has gone about his business doesn't sit right with me.

I'm hopeful Brooks re-signing will be announced soon and we don't have a season of drama. I'd rather cut our losses than have to bend over backwards to keep guys that should want to remain at the club because they love it.
No need to have a breakdown 05 coz he is very replaceable if he were to chase the bigger $ elsewhere.Im more concerned about us paying insane money to retain him which whether we like it or not r going to have to if we want to keep him at concord.He has a cant manager who immensely dislikes our club & who will undoubtedly attain a mega -overs contract for Brooks probably at a club which negotiates in brown paper bags.

Personally I’d like an ex gun Balmain junior in a key position to remain but we can’t kowtow to the cant manager & fk up our management of the cap.We finally have a great coach who is mindful of the significance of managing the cap in an optimum way & that it’s a pre-requisite for the success he will deliver at concord.

Latest posts