What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

AJB1102

First Grade
Anyone here remember Toxic Crusaders?

maxresdefault.jpg

The green dude with flag I do but don't remember the others.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Some of the old fast food take away that are not around anymore.

Hartee's was very short lived, it got caught out using dog food at one of its Sydney outlets, I remember one being at the Royal Easter Show.

19530497500_9dbf6d6c82_c[1].jpg

horrie hastings

First Grade
I am going to include Henny Penny in the list, I know Henny Penny is still around in Newcastle and the Hunter region but back in the very late 60's till the mid 70s there were outlets all around Sydney and even up to the early 80s there were outlets still in country NSW townships, back in the very late 60s and early 70s it went head to head with the launch of Kentucky Fried Chicken and honestly Henny Penny was the far superior product. I still call in to Henny Penny when driving back from the north coast for old times sake but it is no where near as good as it once was, it still craps over KFC even now though.

henny-penny-east-maitland[1].jpg

horrie hastings

First Grade
Is that Earlwood?

Yep that was the Earlwood outlet. Its funny I remember Mr Chips so clearly from my childhood but I have looked long and hard on the web to find out anything about it now and I came up with a blank apart from finding that one pic. There were outlets at Kingsford, Maroubra Junction , Coogee and the Earlwood one, probably more but I remember those ones, not sure exactly when they disappeared but the Maroubra and Kingsford ones were gone sometime in the 80s, I think the Earlwood and Coogee were still around in the early to even mid 90s.

Latest posts