What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 team line up

Dufty
Mann
Lomax
Lafai
Pearson
Widdop
Hunt
JDB
Sims T
Frizell
Vaughan
McInnes
Graham

Sims K
Lawrie
Leilua
Host

Robson
Latimore

possm

Coach
Dufty
Mann
Lomax
Lafai
Pearson
Widdop
Hunt
JDB
Sims T
Frizell
Vaughan
McInnes
Graham

Sims K
Lawrie
Leilua
Host

Robson
Latimore
I think Mann has not re-signed because he was offered peanuts and is still in negotiations.

If we want to improve on last year we still need a new fullback - Hayne, a new right winger replacement of two of our centres - Lomax, Mann and the replacement of one more prop - Frizell.

1. Hayne
2. Pearson
3. Lomax
4. Mann
5. New Winger
6. Widdop
7. Hunt

8. Vaughan
9. McInnes
10. Frizell
11. Leilua
12. T Sims
13. De Belin

14. Graham
15. K Sims
16. Host
17. Robson/Aitken/Field/Dufty

Two spots left in our top 30 squad; Fullback and Right Winger.

BLM01

First Grade
Sorry Poss. I think Frizzell like Sims is a waste in the middle as a prop. He is a great edge runner backwrower as Sims is, and should stay there. Just wish St George can make him run like he does at SOO and get the cross field stuff out of his game.
And if Hayne would accept about 500-550K he would get a gig at the Dragons. 650-700K is overs
Dufty will start 1...unless
And i dont undesratnd what did Periera do wrong not to get a start on the wing next year
I like your 3 & 4, but like you I have been told Mann is gone, I hope that is wrong.
And everyone keeps forgetting you need a bench player who can cover the backline..Aitken will have to do.
Field gone to Dogs, Dufty 1, Robson will get his chance in time

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
1. Widdop
2. Pereira
3. Aitken
4. Lafai
5. Albertson
6. Lomax
7. Hunt

8. Kims
9. McInness
10. Vaughan
11. Frizzell
12. Tims
13. DeBelin

14. Graham
15. Latimore
16. Lawrie
17. Robson

Dragonslayer

First Grade
2019 team line up is shaping to he very interesting, debatable and still not really set. The 28 listed squad is still fluid and can change. Mann may still go to the Knights for example. Then theres what to do with young Zac Lomax, we all know but does McGregor? And of course there is the McGregor factor.

Breaking down the 2 squads (NRL & ISP) is an interesting exercise. It does in some way explain the recent signings. Not only for depth but the fact we need to fill 2 teams and be competitive in both.

For mine we have 3 players than are currently square pegs in round holes.

Mann - staying or going and is he pre-determined as our "Mr Fix-it, so permanent bench player. Jack of all trades , master of none, so to speak.

Robson - has to he in the 17 imo, but where? Playing Mann eliminates the utility spot and Leilua is more valuable as the extra forward.

Aitken - is the biggest problem imo. Playing him as centre for 1st grade basically blocks that position long term preventing the likes of Lomax from pmaying in their natural position (and therefore seeking release elsewhere). Aitken is too small to be a forward and not enough skill to be a general utility.

Yes there are other issues but these for me are the 3 most crucial that need some kind of solution in 2019.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
My 2 squads are:

NRL.......................ISP
1. Dufty.................Field
2. Periera..............SSE/Tohi/Saab
3. Lomax Z...........Aitken
4. Lafai.................Masters
5. Pearson........... Ravalawa
6. Widdop.............Sailor
7. Hunt..................Nichols
8. Graham.............Timm
9. McInnes............Robson
10. Vaughan.........Latimore
11. Frizell..............Ford
12. Sims T.............Host
13. JDB.................Allgood

14. Sims K............Kerr
15. Lawrie.............Blacker/Sokobalavu
16. Leilua..............Lovodua
17. Mann..............Lomax H

JDHD

Juniors
If I was picking, I’d go

Dufty
Pereira
Lomax
Lafai
Mann
Widdop
Hunt
Graham
McInnes
Vaughan
Frizell
Sims
De Belin

Sims
Lawrie
Leilua
Robson

denis preston

First Grade
Big year for Sailor ? He needs work on his defense but if he has some more growing to do ( he is way smaller than his dad ) this may help.

possm

Coach
Back 5-
Duff
Pearson
Aitken
Hayne
Lomax

Lomax at 5 with Aitken at 3 just doesn't do it for me. Lomax would be staved of the ball and continuously left on his pat melone in defence.

For me:
Fullback; Hayne,
Wingers; Pereira and Pearson,
Centres; Lomax and Mann,
Halves; Widdop and Hunt

With two signings left and a cloud over Mann staying, this backline could change however, it is the best we can do with the players we have and of course Hayne who is odds on to accept a deal with us at 600k.

mobels

Juniors
Any team with a back 3 of Dufty/Pearson/Mann would get absolutely destroyed at the start of sets... If we sign Hayne he needs to play wing and I'd be starting the year with Pereria as well.

Pearson needs to earn his spot first.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
1. Dufty
2. Pearson
3. Hayne
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa/Pereira/new winger
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Sims
13. De Belin

14. Robson
15. Leilua
16. K.Sims
17. Lawrie

Here's my reasoning:
- Pearson deserves first shot at left wing. Of course he has to earn it, but he was a bright spark for the Broncos when he got his shot at first grade, I truly think he'll be awesome for us. We need speed, he has it and then some.
Ravalawa will surprise most as well, big hopes for him.
- Hayne/Lomax centres, providing we sign Hayne of course. It is clearly our best centre combination. People have been crying out for changes in the backline, well, it has to start with our centres. Lafai is just too slow... Like painfully slow. I like Aitken but unfortunately for him, Lomax is just better. We need to try something different this year.
- Robson HAS to have a bench spot. It's obvious that McInnes is getting worn out playing 80 minutes every single f**king week. His form has dropped habitually in both 2017 and 2018 towards the end of the year and it's clear that it has to do with burnout. Robson is such a good young player, the best young hooker running around at the moment, he deserves to be in the 17 each week running around tired forwards at the back end of halves. We're going to lose him to a rival club otherwise.
- If Lawrie plays next year like he did at the back end of this season, he's a shoe in. He was one of our best on ground against Brisbane. He's starting to become what the club have been talking about for some time.

Last edited:

Smurf

Juniors
1. Dufty
2. Pearson
3. Hayne
4. Lomax
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Graham
11. Frizell
12. Sims
13. De Belin

14. Robson
15. Leilua
16. K.Sims
17. Lawrie

Here's my reasoning:
- Pearson deserves first shot at left wing. Of course he has to earn it, but he was a bright spark for the Broncos when he got his shot at first grade, I truly think he'll be awesome for us. We need speed, he has it and then some.
- Hayne/Lomax centres, providing we sign Hayne of course. It is clearly our best centre combination. People have been crying out for changes in the backline, well, it has to start with our centres. Lafai is just too slow... Like painfully slow. I like Aitken but unfortunately for him, Lomax is just better. We need to try something different this year.
- Robson HAS to have a bench spot. It's obvious that McInnes is getting worn out playing 80 minutes every single f**king week. His form has dropped habitually in both 2017 and 2018 towards the end of the year and it's clear that it has to do with burnout. Robson is such a good young player, the best young hooker running around at the moment, he deserves to be in the 17 each week running around tired forwards at the back end of halves. We're going to lose him to a rival club otherwise.
- If Lawrie plays next year like he did at the back end of this season, he's a shoe in. He was one of our best on ground against Brisbane. He's starting to become what the club have been talking about for some time.

Gee I wish you were the coach

I love that team

We even have good ISP back up

denis preston

First Grade
Amazing to me that Host doesn't get a lookin here.Still only 22 and this could ( or should ? ) be his breakout year.

Crush

Coach
1. Dufty
2. Pearson
3. Hayne
4. Lomax
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Graham
11. Frizell
12. Sims
13. De Belin

14. Robson
15. Leilua
16. K.Sims
17. Lawrie

Here's my reasoning:
Big fan of Graham?