What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will Maguire do to the roster?

mepelthwack

Juniors
I know we need another forward, no doubt. Undecided on whom.

However, we really should be using Benji as leverage to lure Shaun Johnson who I am sure has been quoted in the past as saying he idolised Benji as a kid etc etc. Tug at his heart strings, tell him he gets to play with the great Benji Marshall in his final season as well as reunite with Mataulino, Packer, Marsters and the kiwi coach. This has gotta be worth a shot.

The reality is he will play alongside Brooks, we will have a super halves combo and even if the chooks eventually take Brooks we will still have SJ.

All this on the assumption he can gain an early release.

Last edited:
I'm probably in the minority but I'd like to see the back end of Luke Brooks. 6 years, never played a semi. I don't think he's got it and him getting halfback of the year was laughable. Too many wrong options and his kicking game has never been up to scratch apart from the odd game. I really think he's a bog average half.

There aren't many number 7's in the comp I wouldn't swap for Brooks in a heartbeat.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I'm probably in the minority but I'd like to see the back end of Luke Brooks. 6 years, never played a semi. I don't think he's got it and him getting halfback of the year was laughable. Too many wrong options and his kicking game has never been up to scratch apart from the odd game. I really think he's a bog average half

But but he’s a local junior!!! How can we get rid of him?? :rolleyes:

It’s a reason why our clubs and now our club has failed for a quarter of a century. Too much of a reliance on “good, local blokes” while the successful teams have filled their rosters with the best available players in their positions.

gordsy

Juniors
I'm not a fan of Johnson but if we sign him whose the organising one between him and Brooks.And if Brooks goes who is the organising one along side Johnson.

WT2K

Juniors
Madge on radio this morning -

"He’s born and bred in that jersey. If we build what we want to build there, he's going to play a big part in that moving forward." Madge on Brooks

Madge "(WT are) in a position to move forward and its about picking the right players who add to the quality that we've already got."

Maguire says he will have a chance to add/move players before the start of 2019

macnaz

Staff member
I'm not a fan of Johnson but if we sign him whose the organising one between him and Brooks.And if Brooks goes who is the organising one along side Johnson.
Thats if Brooks is even here.
Besides, ive watched enough of Brooks to see he can and will deliver in that department....
Watch Johns ,Thurston, Cronk etc whole career .. We are expecting him to be a superstar at 23 ffs !! Ive not looked back at the above mentioned players history stats and records but id be happily called a dickhead if their achievements show anything significant over Luke.

stryker

First Grade
But but he’s a local junior!!! How can we get rid of him?? :rolleyes:

It’s a reason why our clubs and now our club has failed for a quarter of a century. Too much of a reliance on “good, local blokes” while the successful teams have filled their rosters with the best available players in their positions.
100%. I agree with both of these posts. He has already peaked. If you blinked, you missed it.

stryker

First Grade
Thats if Brooks is even here.
Besides, ive watched enough of Brooks to see he can and will deliver in that department....
Watch Johns ,Thurston, Cronk etc whole career .. We are expecting him to be a superstar at 23 ffs !! Ive not looked back at the above mentioned players history stats and records but id be happily called a dickhead if their achievements show anything significant over Luke.
Dickhead.
Johns was already a legend at that age. Australia, NSW, GF victor etc...
Thurston was already playing for Australia, Queensland and had won the dally M at that age.
Cronk had played a couple of GF's and repped Australia at that age.

macnaz

Staff member
Dickhead.
Johns was already a legend at that age. Australia, NSW, GF victor etc...
Thurston was already playing for Australia, Queensland and had won the dally M at that age.
Cronk had played a couple of GF's and repped Australia at that age.
Ok maybe i should have looked up their stats . LOL. good call :grinning:

Latest posts