What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mal Meninga joins Titans as Head of Performance and Culture

_Johnsy

Referee
Lol, were you even born when super league started? Didn't the club you support instigate super league?

Meninga f**ked up with those throw away lines 23 odd years ago. Move on.

He's never publicly retracted or admitted he was grossly wrong in making those offensive comments.

It's his baggage, he's a big boy I am sure he can carry it.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I guess mal will follow his standard formula and bring in old greats to help out with the culture. Legends like.........,.......,kris kahler?

tumbidragon

First Grade
Effectively getting paid to do nothing. Say what you will about Mal. But he's great at opening doors for himself within the game... Not so much in politics though.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
He's never publicly retracted or admitted he was grossly wrong in making those offensive comments.

It's his baggage, he's a big boy I am sure he can carry it.
Publicly retracted?
I would suggest that Meninga's appointment as Australian coach and recent elevation to immortal status shows that he, the NRL and his peers have moved on.

Maybe you should too.

Canard

Immortal
Publicly retracted?
I would suggest that Meninga's appointment as Australian coach and recent elevation to immortal status shows that he, the NRL and his peers have moved on.

Maybe you should too.

They hate him because he beat their team constantly.

I'm sure Mal is really concerned about the opinion of some Millennial private school toffs posting on a nerdy website.

_Johnsy

Referee
Publicly retracted?

Maybe you should too.
So that's a no that he's never publicly retracted or admitted he was grossly wrong in making those offensive comments.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So that's a no that he's never publicly retracted or admitted he was grossly wrong in making those offensive comments.
I'm actually not Meninga's spokesman.

I pity you if you're so offended by his 'grossly wrong' comments, because you must be such a precious petal.

Move on like the normal people have.

King hit

Coach
They hate him because he beat their team constantly.

I'm sure Mal is really concerned about the opinion of some Millennial private school toffs posting on a nerdy website.

No that is far from the truth. I do not like him because he is just full of shit and arrogant. Selecting Radradra after going about prospering island teams, not picking Fifita because of visiting prisoners and just in general.

retch

Juniors
If you get a chance and see it being repeated on tv watch ''Who Do You Think You Are'' with Mal.

It will give you an insight into his private life with a few surprises and definitely an interesting watch.

Canard

Immortal
No that is far from the truth. I do not like him because he is just full of shit and arrogant. Selecting Radradra after going about prospering island teams, not picking Fifita because of visiting prisoners and just in general.

Have a cry mate

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Wanky title for a nothing position.
Can’t see this doing anything good for the Titans.

I doubt it will do anything for the players, but there is definitely an opportunity to harness this into some brand-building...

Im hoping this is a first indication of a bigger branding stratagy; engaging old QLD greats (particularly non-Broncos ones) are a way for the club to weave itself into the QLD RL story and build the image from their.

(the optimist in me says maybe their move away from Sky Blue is strategic in distancing themselves from the NSW look)

Basically, this is a chance for the Titans to brand themselves as "THE ____ team" (Queensland/Non-Brisbane/Non-capital city/etc). They just need to decide how they want to fill that blank and aim for that relentlessly.

Of course, this isnt going to happen..

Latest posts