What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

southsport

First Grade
Lol!! I heard that on BSB this morning my bad I guess:) Maybe George will get some charity with the shield! FAS and FTR!
Wasn't it George that was suspended at the beginning of this year but the trials counted and he only missed Rd #1..........I don't remember the details.

ThingFish

Juniors
Wasn't it George that was suspended at the beginning of this year but the trials counted and he only missed Rd #1..........I don't remember the details.

It’s on the offical club site, he will miss first three rounds. While Seibs continues to turn up at Redfern, and act like nothing’s happened, Ive lost all care factor about 2019 anyway. Ridiculous situation. Wake me up in 2020, or if WB turns up.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It’s on the offical club site, he will miss first three rounds. While Seibs continues to turn up at Redfern, and act like nothing’s happened, Ive lost all care factor about 2019 anyway. Ridiculous situation. Wake me up in 2020, or if WB turns up.

Unfortunately I have to agree. I don’t like the idea of another coach or even player coaching/playing for us knowing theyll be going somewhere else the following season.

I don’t think it’s fair to the players resigning either. They have to commit for a few years not even knowing if they’re going to like the new coach. Give Peter Gentle a go or someone else who the players like.

handyman2190

Bench
Unfortunately I have to agree. I don’t like the idea of another coach or even player coaching/playing for us knowing theyll be going somewhere else the following season.

I don’t think it’s fair to the players resigning either. They have to commit for a few years not even knowing if they’re going to like the new coach. Give Peter Gentle a go or someone else who the players like.
I agree with this assesment, ill go so far as to say that all this BS and media speculation will derail our 2019 campaign. Bennet may prove an immovable object in this. Im not happy, i dont care about seibolds veiws, on his wanting to go home and his excuses, he is an ungrateful selfish person, we gave him a chance and he threw dirt in our face,i dont blame the players for being upsett,at least bennet was upfront with his management

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
I agree with this assesment, ill go so far as to say that all this BS and media speculation will derail our 2019 campaign. Bennet may prove an immovable object in this. Im not happy, i dont care about seibolds veiws, on his wanting to go home and his excuses, he is an ungrateful selfish person, we gave him a chance and he threw dirt in our face,i dont blame the players for being upsett,at least bennet was upfront with his management

I would argue that the fact that who will be coaching where in 2020 is sorted already would mean that there is much less media distraction compared to the final two months of 2018.
With Seibold and Bennett already committed, it leaves very little paper talk to be written come round one.

handyman2190

Bench
Thats the reason Souths should piss Seibold off now.
He will spend his time in 2019 recruiting for the Shoncos
Your a traitor Seibs "piss off"
Well if he follows seibold the traitor to the broncos we get the choncos hooker who isnt a slouch, i still think cooks a one trick pony,stop him running and he is ordinary, if he wants to go for gods sake, GO, if the swop isnt done for next year i would immediately sack seibold,next year is a dead rubber for us

callmack1

Staff member
Inglis on the mend after arm operations: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/08/greg-inglis-off-season-training-delayed-due-to-arm-operations/

The real reason Damien Cook is yet to sign a contract extension with South Sydney: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/e26be1fe2af9461c679f61d84be090ef

If Cookie is after a bit of a top-up for 2019 then we HAVE to give it to him I reckon!! Might be hard to find cap space but the club absolutely must make it happen. Cook should be our priority signing atm and imo, he is worth every cent!

I am hearing impaired, but I thought I heard on 7 news Bennett/Seibold swap
a done deal.
God, I friggin hope so mate!!!

ThingFish

Juniors
Inglis on the mend after arm operations: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/08/greg-inglis-off-season-training-delayed-due-to-arm-operations/

The real reason Damien Cook is yet to sign a contract extension with South Sydney: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/e26be1fe2af9461c679f61d84be090ef

If Cookie is after a bit of a top-up for 2019 then we HAVE to give it to him I reckon!! Might be hard to find cap space but the club absolutely must make it happen. Cook should be our priority signing atm and imo, he is worth every cent!

God, I friggin hope so mate!!!
Im starting to think Cookie is not that much of priority. Sounds like he’s trying to cash in on his one trick pony show before anyone realises he’s got nothing if the ruck is slowed down. Screw him. We’ve basically written off 2019 anyway, we should just use it to recruit a new cheaper hooker for 2020.

ChewRabbit

Juniors
Im starting to think Cookie is not that much of priority. Sounds like he’s trying to cash in on his one trick pony show before anyone realises he’s got nothing if the ruck is slowed down. Screw him. We’ve basically written off 2019 anyway, we should just use it to recruit a new cheaper hooker for 2020.
Yep there's a beauty playing for Newtown he is the younger brother of Brailey and from what I've seen he looks a better proposition than his brother

callmack1

Staff member
I disagree mate, Cookie is one of the most important parts of our future and we absolutely must lock him down!

I also disagree about 2019 being a write off. If Seibs stays, yes, you can kiss it goodbye but if Wayne comes in, it's not a write off at all.

ThingFish

Juniors
I disagree mate, Cookie is one of the most important parts of our future and we absolutely must lock him down!

I also disagree about 2019 being a write off. If Seibs stays, yes, you can kiss it goodbye but if Wayne comes in, it's not a write off at all.
Agree if WB is onboard in 19 it’s all systems go. But I don’t think Cookie is critical, and I don’t think we should put our game plan and cap plan at his mercy for 5 yrs. The last 5 rds, the finals, NZ and Tonga all showed how easy it was to shut his game down.

uksouthsfan

Juniors
A lot of talk in the UK tonight that George Burgess has agreed to join Leeds from next season... hoping it’s just rumours but a lot of people talking about it

Travitoh

First Grade
A lot of talk in the UK tonight that George Burgess has agreed to join Leeds from next season... hoping it’s just rumours but a lot of people talking about it

With Sam locked in for the next 5 years, losing Tom or George wouldn't be a bad thing.
Both are well paid for guys who play 80 minutes between them and in a reduced interchange era, it's an expensive luxury to have.

ThingFish

Juniors
With Sam locked in for the next 5 years, losing Tom or George wouldn't be a bad thing.
Both are well paid for guys who play 80 minutes between them and in a reduced interchange era, it's an expensive luxury to have.
In this reduced interchange era it’s going to be great having a coach that knows how to use the bench.

callmack1

Staff member
Agree if WB is onboard in 19 it’s all systems go. But I don’t think Cookie is critical, and I don’t think we should put our game plan and cap plan at his mercy for 5 yrs. The last 5 rds, the finals, NZ and Tonga all showed how easy it was to shut his game down.
While that's true we shouldn't be at his mercy, I certainly do think we should do absolutely everything we can to keep him.

Personally, I'd like us to keep them all together and I love the twins so really want to hold onto them. Can understand that it may not be possible though.

handyman2190

Bench
I dont want to lose any burgess, they are the cornerstone of our pack,our go forward,their quick go forward and play the balls give cook the space to run i dont think we need to lose them, they are our big men, cam murray is not a big body, crighton gone suttos going,musgrove,turner going will free up enough money i dont think there is a need to let them go.
I also think this canterbury salary cap is all BS, they may have been tight but they aren't now, the morrises on a combined pay of around 1.1m woods on his reported 900k mbye on his reported 800k frawly gone that big forward what's his name, on his reported 800k if that hasn't fixed their cap I'm a bad judge, now they are looking at hayne and both burgesses and they have bought quite a few players. They have crept in under everyone's guard with this cap difficulty. They haven't bought garbage they have just changed the guard, they have enough money to give klemmer more dollars,they just dont want to

Last edited: