What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
12342892653_cd81ec3cf6_b.jpg
Nail through the foot. Happened to everyone.

AJB1102

First Grade
Which one were you?

Easily the best game of my childhood, I remember 4 player split screen on a tiny TV being the best thing I had ever seen.

latest

Yep played the shit out of that. 4 of us playing on the 34cm telly in my room. I was always Odd Job cause he was so short most merkins would shoot over your head.

Also brings back fond memories of putting a new game in and playing right away. No 60gb+ installs and release day updates - a quick blow on the bottom of the cartridge, slap it in and off ya go.

Pommy

Coach
Yep played the shit out of that. 4 of us playing on the 34cm telly in my room. I was always Odd Job cause he was so short most merkins would shoot over your head.

Also brings back fond memories of putting a new game in and playing right away. No 60gb+ installs and release day updates - a quick blow on the bottom of the cartridge, slap it in and off ya go.

Your mates always accusing you of screen watching, as if there was anyway to avoid it on such a small screen.

AJB1102

First Grade
Your mates always accusing you of screen watching, as if there was anyway to avoid it on such a small screen.

haha yep couldn't help it if you tried.. I was totally screen watching though and so were those merkins!

thorson1987

Coach
View attachment 24820
Moreso these numbers in our joint.

Thumb slide wind... :wink:

Funny enough, we still had “selfies” with these, so whoever reckons Paris Hilton invented “selfies” is kidding themselves.

Just not as many, because you know, ... film and chemists and such...

Taking a whole bunch of pics, hand in the film and pay. Pick them up and 99% of photos are out of focus or blurry.

California Games.

Good stuff.

Was more of a Santa Cruz guy myself, but was known to “represent” Ocean Pacific when the “planets aligned”.

Could cut a mean “horse shoe into a jester” in Footbag when required.

“Seagull for dinner!” we’d cry!

Or was it breakfast?

I need to lie down nooooo....

roofromoz

First Grade
Going to Pizza Hut for dinner was awesome. Do you (or anyone) know if there's still any dine-in Pizza Hut Restaurants?

The last one I knew was at Balgownie (north of Wollongong). When I went to the Uni of Wollongong, they had all you can eat lunches from the "pizza buffet".

There is one at Minto on Campbelltown Road.

Did the same thing at uni with the one at Kings Park. Alternated between that and the all you can eat buffet at Rosehill Bowling Club.