What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

imgunawin72

Juniors
They only withdrew a couple of years ago, not sure why they'd re-enter
They won the penrith A grade this year , they might want to step up to SS. It would be great to see them back.
They have all the facilities to run a team at that level,- ample car parking, a small leagues club and a quality ground that gets well looked after. 3 things that some of the existing clubs in this years SS comp lacked.
One idea would be for Windsor to come to an arrangement with Brothers

imgunawin72

Juniors
I have just confirmed with the Windsor club that they will be entering a SS team next year. They will NOT be entering a RMC team.
Great news for SS and windsor.
No details yet if they have come to any arrangements with another club re RMC

Coastbloke

Bench
They won the penrith A grade this year , they might want to step up to SS. It would be great to see them back.
They have all the facilities to run a team at that level,- ample car parking, a small leagues club and a quality ground that gets well looked after. 3 things that some of the existing clubs in this years SS comp lacked.
One idea would be for Windsor to come to an arrangement with Brothers

I did some Box n Burn training at Windsor oval last year and always thought that the oval could be better utilised. Got a good little grandstand, The Leagues club is literally next door and plenty of carparking onsite and the surrounding streets. I don't know about their finances, but i reckon they could easily support a RMC team. Towns NW of Windsor like Richmond, Freemans Reach, Wilberforce, Pitt town etc lack any type of footy. Should be a successful venture..

Tigers1986

Juniors
If I'm correct, I believe Windsor withdrew from the NSWRL setup due to issues with Penrith and the links to St Marys over them for the fringe players.

rightleftin

Juniors
The source of Windsor's demise was when the club appointed Brent Kite as coach replacing the son of the major sponsor for the 2016 season. The result was the sponsor took his money to other clubs and Windsor no longer had the finances to sign RMC standard players. They even lost to Kingsgrove that season.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You'd think based on what happened this year Windsor would be a direct replacement for Brothers in SS, with Brothers to remain in RMC.

rightleftin

Juniors
You'd think based on what happened this year Windsor would be a direct replacement for Brothers in SS, with Brothers to remain in RMC.

You would think that Windsor and Ryde Eastwood should be able to field competitive teams in SS, replacing duds Belrose (?) and Blacktown, making a better competition. Brothers advertised for a SS coach in 2019, so unless Belrose continue, you would think the NSWRL would retain Brothers so that 11 teams in each grade makes the draw easier.

Hills are the other problem in SS, but with the influx of South Sydney players into Hills RMC there may be a trickle down effect to SS.

We can only hope that a new coach at Wests may result in some RMC recruitment for a change. Brothers (or should be Sisters) have signed 2 current Australian players for their Womens' team so maybe they can show some initiative on the RMC front.

Timmah

Staff member
You would think that Windsor and Ryde Eastwood should be able to field competitive teams in SS, replacing duds Belrose (?) and Blacktown, making a better competition. Brothers advertised for a SS coach in 2019, so unless Belrose continue, you would think the NSWRL would retain Brothers so that 11 teams in each grade makes the draw easier.

Hills are the other problem in SS, but with the influx of South Sydney players into Hills RMC there may be a trickle down effect to SS.

We can only hope that a new coach at Wests may result in some RMC recruitment for a change. Brothers (or should be Sisters) have signed 2 current Australian players for their Womens' team so maybe they can show some initiative on the RMC front.
If either comp has eleven or less teams, surely surely the NSWRL look at a 5-team finals. Less games and less teams but still the same number of weeks. Even a top six would be fine.

rightleftin

Juniors
If either comp has eleven or less teams, surely surely the NSWRL look at a 5-team finals. Less games and less teams but still the same number of weeks. Even a top six would be fine.

No guarantee - They had 8 out of 10 in RMC in 2017. They had 5 out of 9 in Harvey Norman but 8 out of 9 in Tarsha Gale.

Timmah

Staff member
No guarantee - They had 8 out of 10 in RMC in 2017. They had 5 out of 9 in Harvey Norman but 8 out of 9 in Tarsha Gale.
8 of 9 TGC was last season, this year the comp was 11 or 12 wasn't it?

imgunawin72

Juniors
The source of Windsor's demise was when the club appointed Brent Kite as coach replacing the son of the major sponsor for the 2016 season. The result was the sponsor took his money to other clubs and Windsor no longer had the finances to sign RMC standard players. They even lost to Kingsgrove that season.
They lost to kings grove that game due to dropping a heap of key players back to SS to ensure they made the finals in SS that year.

Bluesfooty

Juniors

Has it been confirmed that hills are linking up with South Sydney?

Timmah

Staff member
Has anyone heard anything about SS being a short comp starting in May ?
Vague understanding as follows, kickoff start of May for SS, likely eight teams over 18 rounds (not 18 games each though). If that's the case it'll definitely be a top 5 finals. If more teams come in it'll probably start earlier, but still be 18 rounds with everyone playing 18 games I think.

RMC will largely depend on number of teams (likely 11 or 12?) but I think the idea was to expand the season length back out to the full length (i.e. kickoff alongside ISP/NRL).

siv

First Grade
Is there a limit on the number of U20 Flegg players can a club can sign ?

It used to be 25 under old NYC cap with others having to fit under a $50k second tier cap

imgunawin72

Juniors
I am hearing Blacktown are running both SS and RMC in 2019
I stand corrected- Blacktown are only running ISP and RMC in 2019
Also confirmed Brothers are running both SS and RMC
A surprise is that it looks like Cabra might only run RMC , this is to be confirmed- but they had their first training run on Tuesday and only 23 blokes where there. Apparently only 5 blokes are back from last year. Appears Chris Yates is struggling to get the support of the players.

Joker44

Juniors
I stand corrected- Blacktown are only running ISP and RMC in 2019
Also confirmed Brothers are running both SS and RMC
A surprise is that it looks like Cabra might only run RMC , this is to be confirmed- but they had their first training run on Tuesday and only 23 blokes where there. Apparently only 5 blokes are back from last year. Appears Chris Yates is struggling to get the support of the players.

Strong word Cabra have/are signing 6-7 Wenty RMC players from last year