What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Season Topics Thread, Help Keep Us Sane

ouryears

Bench
Add other topics or discuss these.

I can see the Australian Cricket Team rolling over and never winning another game if they persist with the “We are now a nice team” attitude.
Name the last nice team who won anything. Warner may very well be a tosser, but I would want him next to me in the trench in a battle......shit, not some Mr nice guy next to me.
Rorters?
Storm?
Grubs?
All Blacks?
French soccer team?

No nice guys in any of the above teams when they won.

Nice guys finish last in sport, Federer is the only exception.
If our cricket team doesn’t get back to the hard nose, hard talking, mean team they were, I predict we will join Zimbabwe in the second tier nations. This does not mean we should cheat, however, playing hard, mean and some sledging is required to win.

Agree or not, if you favour Mr nice guy, prepare to watch the Aussies playing at shitsville oval.
Got to get rid of the ain’t we nice thinking.

Next, the Wallabies, if you think Mary should go, how do you explain what’s his name?
Something like 2 wins from the past 15 tests.
He talks, walks and passes the buck like Mary, went to the same gym painting school.
Surely, he has to go.

Mundine vs Horne
Who are you going for?
I think I will go for the red and white even though he is a sometimes DHead
Come on Anthony, you old Dragon!!
Besides, I have never met a nice school teacher........

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench

I can see the Australian Cricket Team rolling over and never winning another game if they persist with the “We are now a nice team” attitude.
Name the last nice team who won anything. Warner may very well be a tosser, but I would want him next to me in the trench in a battle......shit, not some Mr nice guy next to me.
Rorters?
Storm?
Grubs?
All Blacks?
French soccer team?

If our cricket team doesn’t get back to the hard nose, hard talking, mean team they were, I predict we will join Zimbabwe in the second tier nations. This does not mean we should cheat, however, playing hard, mean and some sledging is required to win.

Agree or not, if you favour Mr nice guy, prepare to watch the Aussies playing at shitsville oval.

Next, the Wallabies, if you think Mary should go, how do you explain what’s his name?
He talks, walks and passes the buck like Mary, went to the same gym painting school.
Surely, he has to go.

Mundine vs Horne
Who are you going for?
Mate you win , I can't take this anymore ....

denis preston

First Grade
I wish the media would allow a PM with vision to get a very fast train from Melbourne to Brisbane done ! . The way they ramp up everyone just for clicks makes a Snowy scheme / Opera House / new Parliament house type project impossible now days. A benevolent dictator is what we need !

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I wish the media would allow a PM with vision to get a very fast train from Melbourne to Brisbane done ! . The way they ramp up everyone just for clicks makes a Snowy scheme / Opera House / new Parliament house type project impossible now days. A benevolent dictator is what we need !

I'd rather see an east coast waterpipe line built inland for our farmers and towns to utilise, thus drought proofing them, hence rebuilding thw country towns and their populations.

denis preston

First Grade
I'd rather see an east coast waterpipe line built inland for our farmers and towns to utilise, thus drought proofing them, hence rebuilding thw country towns and their populations.
As long as the farmers ( as they are businesses ) pay good money for the water so the government can pay for it.Would have to consider environmental flows where the water is taken from as I'm sure the Prawn / fishing industries would have a say ( assume water coming from the northern NSW big rivers )

ouryears

Bench
I would argue Cronk and Keary are nice guys. Ruthless at footy but honourable players
Hmmmm, Cronk was part of the salary cap rorting at the storm, no evidence, but I think he knew what was going on, if he didn’t, he needs brain surgery. He also eagerly joins in on the storm wrestling tactics, and is part of the billy slater fan club.
Keary, probably ok, but that’s just one player in a team of rorters.

A team can have some nice guys, but in the main they need to be un nice.

Frank Facer

First Grade

Rorters?
Storm?
Grubs?
All Blacks?
French soccer team?

Surely, he has to go.

Mundine vs Horne
Who are you going for?
As previously stated, I am not watching the Australian cricket team, until Smith is re instated. I also want Warner reinstated, but there may be some team related issues that prevent him being reinstated.

I have hardly watched a game of Union since the SuperLeague BS and then union went fully professional.

I am going for The Horne.

Frank Facer

First Grade
As long as the farmers ( as they are businesses ) pay good money for the water so the government can pay for it.Would have to consider environmental flows where the water is taken from as I'm sure the Prawn / fishing industries would have a say ( assume water coming from the northern NSW big rivers )
I do think that the first thing our government should be doing is drought proofing our country, if possible. Sureing up a countries food supply should be one of, if not it's number 1 priority, secondly, it is good for business.

Gareth67

First Grade
Agree with Mary to take a holiday to the Scottish Highlands !

Won’t be watching the cricket this summer .

Someone take that jerk of a P.M. of the tele .

Yes to more water resources for the inland .

We had better buy a few nukes of our own to start to defend our coastline or we will be speaking another language in 10 years .

And don’t forget to - Slip - Slop & Slap this summer .

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Agree with Mary to take a holiday to the Scottish Highlands !

Won’t be watching the cricket this summer .

Someone take that jerk of a P.M. of the tele .

Yes to more water resources for the inland .

We had better buy a few nukes of our own to start to defend our coastline or we will be speaking another language in 10 years .

And don’t forget to - Slip - Slop & Slap this summer .
and surely mary takes aitkin back to scotland with him .