What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best PNG player all time?

roughyedspud

Coach
Certainly do ‘spud. Didn’t he play at the ‘sheddings?

Played for oldham yeah but after Sheddings was knocked down...

The reason I asked if anyone remembered his was cos the f**ker planted one on my chin during a night out in oldham lol...I was trying to help him too cos he looked lost so I helped him to a taxi,opened the taxi door for him and he cracked me lol

mikail-eagle

Bench
John Okul still lives in the Hull area as does Stanley Gene. I remember Hull KR signing Okul and Gene after the 1995 WC whilst Hull FC signed Marcus Bai. Phil Sigsworth was the Hull coach at the time and he decided Marcus wasn’t good enough and let him go. The rest is history.

This is a try by John Okul when on debut for the Kumuls in Port Moresby vs Kiwis.
I think its in 1994.

The following year after the 1995 World Cup him and Stanley Gene headed for Hull KR.

deluded pom?

Coach
Played for oldham yeah but after Sheddings was knocked down...

The reason I asked if anyone remembered his was cos the f**ker planted one on my chin during a night out in oldham lol...I was trying to help him too cos he looked lost so I helped him to a taxi,opened the taxi door for him and he cracked me lol
If anyone ever bumps into Tom please give him my best wishes (and thanks).

Only kidding ‘spud. ;)

mikail-eagle

Bench
This is Dairi Kovae probably the best Fullback PNG has every had.
Iam pretty sure he still holds the most tries scored by a PNG Kumuls Player.

He was part of the Newcastle Knights in their inaugural seasons and letter also played for North Sydney Bears.

The video below is of a try he scored as GB in Port Moresby in 1988. He scored 2 tries that they.
Great Britain included the likes of Gary Schofield, Andy Gregory, Shawn Edwards, Ellery Hanley etc..

Perth Red

Post Whore
Australia Adrian Lam
England Stanley Gene

Stan has a foundation that takes RL year to villages in png for the kids and also paid for utilities to his village. Top guy.

Latest posts