What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Silent Knight

First Grade

Who can it be knocking at my door?
Jamie Buhrer, I'm gonna hit the floor
Can't you see that I want Big Klem,
Knights Social Media, don't troll me again,
All I wish for is a mean forward pack,
Soundtrack by Clint Dogg, "Return of the Mack"

Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?
Who can it be now?

Still Nutty

Juniors
I have said for a while now that Brett Kenny should be made an immortal. He won 4 premierships with Parra in the early to mid 80's. He was good enough to take the 5/8 position ahead of Wally Lewis on the 82 Kangaroo tour. Then on the 86 tour Lewis was captain, but they played Kenny centre ahead of Mal Meninga, with Gene Miles his centre partner.

I also rate Sterling, Johns and Thurston as the best halfbacks I have seen. I would like to see Sterlo named as a immortal too, but I doubt either Kenny or Sterling will be named. Thurston will definitely be named an immortal in the future.

Played junior footy with Bert at Guilford Leagues club and he was the most naturally gifted footballer I have ever seen - his ability to swerve (not step) at full pace was freakish...different, but Ponga is that sort of player.

Also played a lot of school boy footy against Sterlo and he was as good as Johns for mine...whilst he had all the skills, his best attribute was between his ears - he was always 5 plays ahead of everybody else, even at the elite level.

Have to agree with Brett Kenny, he was in another class at the time. Cool customer was Kenny. I still marvel at that backline. Best club backline ever assembled.

Agree on the backline (Sterling, Kenny, Cronin, Ella and Grothe) but would also say that the Raiders 1991 backline with Stuart, Daley, Meninga, Jackson, Ferguson, Mullins and Belcher was certainly an equal

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Gavet profiles extremely similar to Lillyman.
Misleading because his runs look violent at times, but their output is almost identical.

Still, if it means less fringe players, sign me up.
We've effectively upgraded Heighington and Lillyman with Gavet and Glasby.
They're not flashy signings but they're low cost, decent value signings that help an area of need. It's good recruitment.

upload_2018-11-9_13-51-57.png

Last edited:

Knight Vision

First Grade
What was the rumor with Glasby's contract price ? It would of had to be decent coin to leave the Storm?

I'm guilty of not watching this Gavet bloke so have no idea how good he is.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Gavet won't be on anything special. Let go for discipline, not bought out.

Glasby is on what 500k?
People still act like 500k means the same as when Joey was playing.
It's 5% of the cap now if all 500k is salary and none of it is TPA.
Cheap.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Gavet won't be on anything special. Let go for discipline, not bought out.

Glasby is on what 500k?
People still act like 500k means the same as when Joey was playing.
It's 5% of the cap now if all 500k is salary and none of it is TPA.
Cheap.

Wasn't let go for discipline reasons. Only had one year left and we weren't offering anymore than that. Fallen a bit in the pecking order relative to what he was costing so it was beneficial to both parties.

PhilGould

Bench
Daily Telegraph reporting Manu Ma'u may be available for next season and we're one of the half a dozen clubs that are interested.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Who’s spot does he take though? I think he’s better than a reserve grader

That’s the whole point, the biggest problem with our club over the last few years is once one of our top 17 gets injured the bloke who takes his place is a reserve grader and ends up being way out of his depth. If we can have as many first grade quality players playing reserve grade as possible that’s a massive plus for our club.