What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 2019

TheFrog

Coach
For mine, that time has arrived re Maloney.
Played crook for half the season, the spear tackle by Isaac Luke didn't do him much good either. Still, I hope he doesn't play Origin.

Keary is a Queenslander. Maybe it's Moylan's time.

Spot On

Coach
Keary will do just fine.

Moylan would have to keep on improving and prove himself in some games imo.

TheFrog

Coach
11. Wade Graham

Will be coming back from an ACL suffered in the finals. Even if he's fit it's doubtful he'll have fully recovered.
14. Luke Keary
IF we're going to allow him to play for NSW (maybe some sort of Inglis revenge) you either pick him as the 6 or not at all. I'm not aware of him having the ability to play different positions, a la Peachey. Who I think will retain his bench position.

The other player who'd make an outstanding utility is Yeo. Without a doubt has greater claims to a bench position than RCG.

Will be coming back from an ACL suffered in the finals. Even if he's fit it's doubtful he'll have fully recovered.

IF we're going to allow him to play for NSW (maybe some sort of Inglis revenge) you either pick him as the 6 or not at all. I'm not aware of him having the ability to play different positions, a la Peachey. Who I think will retain his bench position.

The other player who'd make an outstanding utility is Yeo. Without a doubt has greater claims to a bench position than RCG.
Fair point on Graham.

Tbh honest there isn't many utility options, yes there is Peachey but he was completely ineffective for the whole series - I say try something new.

TheFrog

Coach
Think we can do better then an insurance policy.
Well just say the fullback Tedesco goes down in the first five minutes. OK Turbo can play fullback but then you're still putting someone like Keary in a completely unaccustomed position. This is why Peachey got the job this year. There is no-one else available.who can cover as many positions adequately. It is only if you get an injury that he is needed, or else he plays just a few minutes. It is a huge risk picking a utility who isn't and hoping no-one gets hurt.

Well just say the fullback Tedesco goes down in the first five minutes. OK Turbo can play fullback but then you're still putting someone like Keary in a completely unaccustomed position. This is why Peachey got the job this year. There is no-one else available.who can cover as many positions adequately. It is only if you get an injury that he is needed, or else he plays just a few minutes. It is a huge risk picking a utility who isn't and hoping no-one gets hurt.
But Peachey did nothing besides get in the way, would it really hurt playing someone else there?

OldPanther

Coach

Yeo does not have greater claims to a bench spot over RCG. Reg is a prop, Yeo is a second rower and fill in lock. You wouldn't put Yeo instead of Reg and have to play him at prop.

TheFrog

Coach
Yeo does not have greater claims to a bench spot over RCG. Reg is a prop, Yeo is a second rower and fill in lock. You wouldn't put Yeo instead of Reg and have to play him at prop.
No, Yeo is not a prop, but he can play centre and you could put Cordner in the middle if he came on in the backrow. Yeo covers more positions.

I suspect neither of them will make the side unless RCG finds some form.

TheFrog

Coach
The new jersey looks like something Victoria would wear if they ever had an Origin side.
I guess you are saying you don't like it. We won our first premiership wearing those colours, which is maybe why the strip is popular.

Spot On

Coach
... but it's nice to dream that he will become that. The bloke can't settle on a club, let alone a position to play. And yes, I understand he has a utility value, but Craig Wing was on a whole different level.

ram raid

Bench
Keary is a solid as a rock blue now.

Keary/Walker/Moylan at 6, depending on form. Cleary keeps his spot at 7 unless NSW lose 2 in a row, then Brooks to comes in.

no name

Coach
Are people still arguing/confused about the Keary eligibility?
It was sorted almost 5 years ago.

Latest posts