What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne - Make him an Eel for Life

El Diablo

Post Whore
Australian netball legend Liz Ellis has criticised the NRL for the double standards in handling controversies involving players.

On Sports Sunday Ellis said that the recent sexual assault allegations against Jarryd Hayne were used as a "convenient" excuse not to re-sign the off-contract cross-code star.

Ellis said she believed there may have been different circumstances if Hayne was still in his hey-day.

N"Everything that you hear is both the Eels and the Dragons have gone cold on Jarryd Hayne," Ellis said.

"My problem with all of this is, it seems like all of this is an excuse.

"Parramatta went cold on Hayne beforehand, this is an excuse to not sign him.

"When he was at the peak of his powers, if he was at a contract renegotiation then and this stuff had of come up, you wouldn't have had the clubs walking away."

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-li...fd3-4e5d-a057-3d7e0f2a614e?ocid=Social-9NewsS
what a stupid bitch

Gronk

Staff member
a typical feminist idiot

one of Gronk's idols
Me and Emily Ratajkowski are Feminist AF.

images

strider

Post Whore
So what exactly is she angry about? Serious question. Is she pissed off with the Eels and Dragons for not signing Hayne?? Am I on the right track? She's disappointed that a sexual assault allegation has been the catalyst for both clubs to defer interest in him?? If that's not a valid reason then what is??

Just another loudmouth getting all wound up in this age of Outrage for the sake of being outraged....
Liz wasnt making alot of sense tbh .... i think she was trying to say high profile dudes get more leeway - and i get that point a bit - but this case wasnt quite the right place to argue it ... eels and dragons dont need an excuse, they can simply not sign him

Liz wasnt making alot of sense tbh .... i think she was trying to say high profile dudes get more leeway - and i get that point a bit - but this case wasnt quite the right place to argue it ... eels and dragons dont need an excuse, they can simply not sign him

Yes. There's a world of difference between deciding to try to fire a guy mid-contract and deciding that you are not going to sign an off-contract player.

Gronk

Staff member
IIRC we didn't leap in and try and retain Semi prior to his matter being heard. So contrary to what Liz said, we didn't treat him differently and he was very much on top of his game.

Dibs

Bench
I didn’t get that either why would you need an excuse? Now if they were trying to rip up his contract because of it then she may have a point that it wouldn’t happen if he was in his prime. However that’s not even close to the real story.sounds like some ex sportsperson trying to stay relevant

hindy111

Post Whore
I didn’t get that either why would you need an excuse? Now if they were trying to rip up his contract because of it then she may have a point that it wouldn’t happen if he was in his prime. However that’s not even close to the real story.sounds like some ex sportsperson trying to stay relevant
20181118_195057.jpg

She's a lawyer isn't she? I would have thought she would take the opportunity to make a point about the presumption of innocence, given that Hayne hasn't even been charged, let alone convicted. But no.

T-Boon

Coach
Liz was trying to say it is unfair that people who are high achievers in their sport get treated better in some circumstances than the players who are not very good. Like getting second chances and I guess getting commentary gigs after their retirement....