What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Leagues Club board sacked, administrator appointed

strider

Post Whore
What specifically remains to stop factions down the track? .... ie not what might make it a little harder

Wont they still just get back in one day anyway?

emjaycee

Coach
I assume the resolutions would require far in majority vote that Max's resolutions required, and given that those resolutions didn't pass but received the majority of votes, why the f**k do they think their own resolutions will get passed?
I think their approach is that if they go ahead with most of Max's changes but only look to make 2 amendments, the majority that voted in favour of Max's changes would continue to do so and hence would get the 75% required to pass. It becomes a case now of whether the majority would look at the First Board and Nominations Committee as big enough issue to not vote on any of the changes. Personally, I would - the whole point of having the Board appointed is to remove the chance for Uncle Roy and his ilk to get control. Just thinking about having those guys in charge of building a $100m hotel complex and how much "extra" it might cost boils my blood.

Sure maybe after a bit of time of passed they might receive the "just make any old changes" sentiment, even then I don't reckon they'd have enough of a swing, but doing it now so soon after the last vote is just a kick and hope.
I reckon this is the last card they can play and they are going all in which may just be a mistake. I do think they are trying to make sure they get the chance to elect before the start of Season 2019 because even though it is PLC not footy Board, they will potentially be able to reverse Max's changes to the PNRL Board and re-instate themselves as PNRL Directors.

I'm not against anyone based solely on the company they keep, but seriously wouldn't the betterment of the club be to go with what the majority of voters wanted? If you can't get in on your own merits, either you or the system is f**ked. f**king it more will not make it better
Greed and Ego do weird things to people.

emjaycee

Coach
What specifically remains to stop factions down the track? .... ie not what might make it a little harder

Wont they still just get back in one day anyway?
Trienniel (sp) elections and the Nominations Committee are the means to stop the factions.
Directors are elected on a 2-3-2 basis (2 in yr 1, 3 in yr 2 and 2 in yr 3) for a term of 3 years each and the plan was/is to have a Nominations Committee to vet candidates before they go on the ballot.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Bring 10 voters to reject these changes and I will make sure you get 3 beers.
But I dont have 10 friends let alone anyone WGAF about Parramatta.
Max needs to get creative. Hold a family Christmas "Do". Jumping castles, face painting, cheerleaders bikini car wash and a kissing booth, Tim Mannah conducting a leadership development session, a Bowling "Kicks" World Championship Indians Vrs Chinese. Come on Max. Show some enterprise.

strider

Post Whore
Trienniel (sp) elections and the Nominations Committee are the means to stop the factions.
Directors are elected on a 2-3-2 basis (2 in yr 1, 3 in yr 2 and 2 in yr 3) for a term of 3 years each and the plan was/is to have a Nominations Committee to vet candidates before they go on the ballot.
I get the trienniel thing makes it harder to get a total majority in control, but it wouldnt be impossible

emjaycee

Coach
Is there anything stopping the vote being carried out on a Game Day at the club, with a wide voting window to avoid congestion? You’d have to get a couple of thousand votes then.
Has been suggested, however logistics might go against that. And on the basis of the petition, the club has an obligation to not delay the EGM for the changes and the subsequent election should the changes be passed.

Gronk

Staff member
Has been suggested, however logistics might go against that. And on the basis of the petition, the club has an obligation to not delay the EGM for the changes and the subsequent election should the changes be passed.

Ugh. Nothing worse then when the merkins know their shit.

How do you get more than a few hundred to attend ? Perhaps eligible members are not aware that they are eligible and the consequences of not voting in favour of positive reforms ?

emjaycee

Coach
Ugh. Nothing worse then when the merkins know their shit.

How you you get more than a few hundred to attend ? Perhaps eligible members are not aware that they are eligible and the consequences of not voting in favour of positive reforms ?
I am going to be writing and publishing an "open letter to members" in local newspapers in the lead up to the reform meeting... other than that, not sure.