What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just got out of Bohemian Rhapsody, holy shitballs I enjoyed the shit out of it.

Always enjoyed Queen but that made me appreciate them even more. So well acted and well done. Even though Mike Myers made me think of Fat bastard every line he spoke. Was waiting for him to tell yo Freddie “Get by my Belly”

Cranking up Queen on the drive home methinks.

nöyd

Staff member
yeah that was an annoying time to figure out that I had no Queen music on my phone, I was so charged to belt some out after coming out of the theatre lol

had to make do with Cheap Trick instead

Vic Mackey

Referee
Outlaw King - Netflix Original

Boring historical piece. Didn’t even have good scenery which makes me think it wasn’t filmed in Scotland. Last time I let the Mrs pick what we watch

nöyd

Staff member
A Star Is Born

I don't know if it was because of the hype but after an initial viewing I feel a little underwhelmed.

Even though I knew what happened to Kris Kristofferson's character in the only other version I've ever seen well over 30 years ago, it stood out like balls on a tall dog what was going to happen to Jack. To me it almost seemed as if they were struggling for a way to end it (considering that Cooper had maintained that this version was different to the previous ones), so they had him reveal to his shrink that he tried to off himself as a kid, thereby giving away what would happen, and as soon as Ally's merkin manager gave him a spray you just knew what was coming

Can't really see why Sam Elliott and Dave Chappelle are getting all the plaudits, both of them were in the film for probably a grand total of 20 minutes, I was more impressed with Dice tbh.

Some critics have said that Bradley Cooper was a scene hog, I think he carried the film, and I also think Gaga's future in music is safe, in movies perhaps not so much.

7/10

Zoidberg

First Grade
Lion. Dev Patel and Nicole Kidman. About a young Indian boy who gets lost (in India) and is eventually adopted by an Aussie family, then when he is older wants to look for his family. Quite sad true story with a powerfully emotional ending. Worth a watch if you’ve never seen it.

Wizardman

First Grade
A Star Is Born

I don't know if it was because of the hype but after an initial viewing I feel a little underwhelmed.

Even though I knew what happened to Kris Kristofferson's character in the only other version I've ever seen well over 30 years ago, it stood out like balls on a tall dog what was going to happen to Jack. To me it almost seemed as if they were struggling for a way to end it (considering that Cooper had maintained that this version was different to the previous ones), so they had him reveal to his shrink that he tried to off himself as a kid, thereby giving away what would happen, and as soon as Ally's merkin manager gave him a spray you just knew what was coming

Can't really see why Sam Elliott and Dave Chappelle are getting all the plaudits, both of them were in the film for probably a grand total of 20 minutes, I was more impressed with Dice tbh.

Some critics have said that Bradley Cooper was a scene hog, I think he carried the film, and I also think Gaga's future in music is safe, in movies perhaps not so much.

7/10
I love it....cried a couple of times. Brad Cooper was great and an oscar contender (have not seen the queen movie yet)

Timbo

Staff member
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

Another masterpiece from the Coen Brothers. It’s a bit different in its an anthology with a number of seperate stories about the American frontier. Reviews have been a bit polarising, but I thought it was fantastic.

9/10.

Last edited:

King hit

Coach
Saw Bohemain Rhapsody for a second time today. My mum is a big queen fan and really wanted to see it. Both her and I enjoyed every minute of it, I enjoyed it much more a second time around. The acting is outstanding and the soundtrack is off course amazing. The re-enactment of Live Aid was awesome.

Hate that the critics have been giving it bad reviews but what do those snobs know what the public want to see.

Just got out of Bohemian Rhapsody, holy shitballs I enjoyed the shit out of it.

Always enjoyed Queen but that made me appreciate them even more. So well acted and well done. Even though Mike Myers made me think of Fat bastard every line he spoke. Was waiting for him to tell yo Freddie “Get by my Belly”

Quite ironic that Mike Myers was saying how nobody will ever bang their heads to bohemain rhapsody when he did exactly that in Wayne''s world.

It's good to see Mike Myers getting back into the movie game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Saw Bohemain Rhapsody for a second time today. My mum is a big queen fan and really wanted to see it. Both her and I enjoyed every minute of it, I enjoyed it much more a second time around. The acting is outstanding and the soundtrack is off course amazing. The re-enactment of Live Aid was awesome.

Hate that the critics have been giving it bad reviews but what do those snobs know what the public want to see.

Quite ironic that Mike Myers was saying how nobody will ever bang their heads to bohemain rhapsody when he did exactly that in Wayne''s world.

It's good to see Mike Myers getting back into the movie game.
The crtifcs liked the last Jedi, enough said.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

Another masterpiece from the Coen Brothers. It’s a bit different in its an anthology with a number of seperate stories about the American frontier. Reviews have been a bit polarising, but I thought it was fantastic.

9/10.

When I glanced at the title I thought it said

‘The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs’

and was like ‘oh man they made a movie out of it?!’

Last edited: