What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

thorson1987

Coach
Bohemian Rhapsody.

Wow. Not too fussed by the historical inaccuracies. The Live Aid recreation sent shivers down my spine.

Only problem I had was the 3 ladies behind me speaking about the movie throughout. Shut the f**k up and let people enjoy it.

thorson1987

Coach
Shoulda given them one of these

giphy.gif

Wizardman

First Grade
I think Im very much a lone voice here but I pretty much agree with the critics regarding "Bohemian Rhapsody"....good but fell short of being great for me. I loved the music and the Mercury performance was very good. It was definitely a good watch.

I have "A Star is Born" ahead of it as a movie and have Cooper ahead of Malek for the best actor gong.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

Another masterpiece from the Coen Brothers. It’s a bit different in its an anthology with a number of seperate stories about the American frontier. Reviews have been a bit polarising, but I thought it was fantastic.

9/10.

I’m in for anything by the Coens.

If I’m flicking around and The Big Lebowski is on, I have to watch some of it and usually end up watching it all.

I was just watching it just then, and then the power went out. :frowning2:

nöyd

Staff member
I come for The Jesus, but I stay for Walter to throw a chest-caving strike into the niahillists chest.

Also, The Dude getting a face full of Donnie’s ashes has to be one of the funniest scenes in the history of fillum. :sweat_smile:
I just recently re-watched it again - such a classic, quotable film.

Walter: OVER THE LINE!

Smokey: Huh?

Walter: I'm sorry, Smokey. You were over the line, that's a foul.

Smokey: Bullshit. Mark it 8, Dude.

Walter: Uh, excuse me. Mark it zero. Next frame.

Smokey: Bullshit, Walter. Mark it 8, Dude.

Walter: Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

After The Chinaman pees on The Dudes rug (which really tied the room together)

Chinaman: He looks like a f**ken loser...

Dude: At least I’m housebroken, maaaan!

Wizardman

First Grade
I just saw "Widows" tonight. Great cast....but once again, a movie undone by not enough editing. The movie had a huge boring patch for the first half of the movie...which led me to not really care that much for the characters despite it picking up in pace....eventually.
By far, the best part of the movie were the support cast (Daniel Kalulya, Colin Farrell and Robert Duvall). I just could not truly invest in the female cast.
Just gets over the line for three out of five for me. Im not sure where the Oscar buzz for this comes from.

Latest posts