What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greenberg wants 2nd Melb team

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
You're saying a second team playing out of Suncorp based out of Ipswich would work because Ipswich is big enough, buy it wouldn't work out of the Gold Coast, which is bigger.

Other than that, your argument is basically, "nuh uh".

Okay :joy: Good chat mate.
Once again mate where did you get that I said the Gold Coast wouldn’t work ? I was saying it would work and your saying ditch them ??? You completely turned that around ? I THINK THE GOLD COAST NEEDS TO STAY and I THINK IT WILL WORK.

Yes I think Ipswich and Moreton bay have a better chance at success then a second team playing at Suncorp in Brisbane.

All are rabbit fans this special ?.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Once again mate where did you get that I said the Gold Coast wouldn’t work ? I was saying it would work and your saying ditch them ??? You completely turned that around ? I THINK THE GOLD COAST NEEDS TO STAY and I THINK IT WILL WORK.

Yes I think Ipswich and Moreton bay have a better chance at success then a second team playing at Suncorp in Brisbane.

All are rabbit fans this special ?.
Aww, now he's resorting to childish insults :joy:

Have fun telling yourself how right you are and sticking your fingers in your ears when you don't like facts that are brought up

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Aww, now he's resorting to childish insults :joy:

Have fun telling yourself how right you are and sticking your fingers in your ears when you don't like facts that are brought up
:slight_frown: ummm what facts did you point out again ? It was a genuine question mate, are all rabbit fans this special ?. You were all over the place in that discussion.

Have you ever been to qld ?

Rabbitoad

Juniors
:slight_frown: ummm what facts did you point out again ? It was a genuine question mate, are all rabbit fans this special ?. You were all over the place in that discussion.

Have you ever been to qld ?
-Bigger population
-More fans
-More corporate involvement

-Titans have been around for ten years without success
-Gold Coast have had a team for 20 of the last 30 years without success

Your answer was, "Nuh. Won't work", then resorting to childish insults.

I'm just not interested in having a childish pissing match. I was after an actual conversation.

All good mate

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
-Bigger population
-More fans
-More corporate involvement

-Titans have been around for ten years without success
-Gold Coast have had a team for 20 of the last 30 years without success

Your answer was, "Nuh. Won't work", then resorting to childish insults.

I'm just not interested in having a childish pissing match. I was after an actual conversation.

All good mate
The same corporate inVolmemt would be available for both those areas mentioned. It’s all within 30 mins of each other. Most likely closer then western Sydney teams. But both are the fasterest growing areas in the region population wise on different sides of the city. I’ve never just said just nuh won’t work when talking about a second Brisbane team, but you can’t handle different opinions without getting very emotional about things, and starting mini rants.

Why don’t you think the titans have been successful ? They haven’t been on the field I’ll agree , but I’m pretty confident they haven’t been the worst performing off the field.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
The same corporate inVolmemt would be available for both those areas mentioned. It’s all within 30 mins of each other. Most likely closer then western Sydney teams. But both are the fasterest growing areas in the region population wise on different sides of the city. I’ve never just said just nuh won’t work when talking about a second Brisbane team, but you can’t handle different opinions without getting very emotional about things, and starting mini rants.

Why don’t you think the titans have been successful ? They haven’t been on the field I’ll agree , but I’m pretty confident they haven’t been the worst performing off the field.
The NRL had to run the club from 2014-end of 2017 because they were broke.

They did worse.

Way to resort to childish insults again though. Love it when people prove my point for me :joy:

Perth Red

Post Whore
How to talk without saying anything!

I don’t even know of Todd knows what the heck he means here:

Greenberg dismissed the notion of relocating Sydney teams in the future but said there was potential for adding clubs - he just didn’t know when.

Then He goes on to say

“The real question is whether you want to expand the competition or relocate teams,” he continued.

“That is an open question for us at the moment. We haven’t answered it.

“If you are asking me whether I am looking to relocate teams from Sydney then the answer is no.

So is he considering relocating non Sydney clubs? Lol the guy has no idea!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/022d9660c0687769c544f83e0015c54f

TheFrog

Coach
The NRL needs urgently, in order of priority:

1. Perth
2. Brisbane 2 or South Queensland (Ipswich, Toowoomba, west Brisbane)
3. Wellington
4. Adelaide
5. PNG
6. Fiji
7. Christchurch
8. Melbourne 2 or 5th Queensland team.

Those 8 will make a 24 team competition.
There's only barely enough players of first grade quality as it is.

TheFrog

Coach
Gold Coast have had a team for 20 of the last 30 years without success
The Cowboys made the finals for the first time in their 10th season, made a GF in their 11th and won a premiership in their 21st. For a long time there, as recently as 2010, they looked a lot like the Titans look now. The Titans just need to sign the right player a la Thurston at the Cows, they haven't had much luck so far with marquee signings. I believe their time is coming.

Marlins

Juniors
Abit of a Shower Thought.
Say if the Comp did expand & Melbourne 2 was chosen as a new team. I wonder how a North Melbourne Bears side would go? Would the old north members support this?

Pommy

Coach
Say if the Comp did expand & Melbourne 2 was chosen as a new team. I wonder how a North Melbourne Bears side would go? Would the old north members support this?

The bears fans don’t seem to really want anything except a NS Bears side. The chances of that actually happening seem to be slim to zero though.

Stallion

First Grade

Fair thought. I know of disgruntled and bitter Bears fans whom would support a Bears club anywhere in the top flight. I would suggest strong ties with the original established club would be a matter of course if this happened.