What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Dead Redemption 2

thorson1987

Coach
Damn you, I wish I never read this post!

So I decided to venture out to these snowy mountains to find this Arabian horse, it was a bloody long trek but made it there eventually. I then spent 2 hours trying to find this horse, setting up camp overnight and even saving/reloading to try and find him but had no luck. In the meantime I was attacked by wolves on multiple occasions and also rammed over by the big male moose in the area. On one occasion in an attempt to escape the moose I ran into a giant rock rendering my horse nearly dead, given I had no horse reviver in my kit I had to put down my horse. I've since spent another 30mins carrying my saddle trying to walk my ass back to camp while dealing with the treacherous conditions and wolves that continue to randomly attack me on my journey.

Such an awesome game haha

So I thought I'd have a crack at getting this bastard. Stole a shit horse and set the waypoint on the west of the lake.

Get up there with no issues, arrive at the waypoint and it is right there.

Took me a good 20 minutes to get it though. Would lasso it but couldn't get close enough to mount it. Eventually manage to break it in.

On my way down the mountains back to camp I run into 2 wolves. Kill those f**kers, get back on the horse and gallop away. Didn't see a big rock though and critically injured the horse.

Had some horse revival though and got it back to camp.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’m at 88%, one of the pros of being in my mid twenties, single and with no other major commitments outside of work is having enough free time that I’ve got almost four days of game time in so far. Great game, and it does a hell of a job of taking Dutch from being a likeable merkin to being just a straight up merkin by the time you get to chapter six.

f**k those were the days. Married, in my mid 30s and my PS4 time is about half an hour after she’s gone to bed and before I do. Enjoy it while you can mate!

thorson1987

Coach
f**k those were the days. Married, in my mid 30s and my PS4 time is about half an hour after she’s gone to bed and before I do. Enjoy it while you can mate!

I've been off work for nearly 4 months so have got plenty of playing time in lately. Go back in 2 weeks though so it's a shame this only came out recently because when I'm back at work gaming time dries up to a few hours on the weekend.

simmo1

First Grade
One of the most underrated aspects of this game is the very short loading times unlike a lot of other open world games. Games like Skyrim and Far Cry 5 I spent more time looking at loading screens than anything else.

Springs09

Juniors

It's more valuable with less time though.

Earlier this year when I was playing/refereeing/organising in 2 footy comps I had training 4 times a week + both Saturdays and Sundays were game days along with working my second job 2 nights a week. Gaming late at night after all that was a godsend.

Now that it's summer and I have tons of free time, I have a lot less motivation for gaming, it feels more like something to pass the time.

Haffa

One of the most underrated aspects of this game is the very short loading times unlike a lot of other open world games. Games like Skyrim and Far Cry 5 I spent more time looking at loading screens than anything else.
I pulled the pin and got a One X. The load time comparisons between that and my S are at least half. It's incredible how quick it loads. The only lengthy one is the first one and its unfair to say that lengthy either.

thorson1987

Coach
So after doing the Black Belle side mission, I was leaving the area and saw some guy hanging by a tree.

Stopped to have a look and get attacked by some muddy pricks.

The merkins killed my f**king White Arabian.

Annyong

Juniors
You need a shit tonne of time in your hands to get through this game. I’m only in 23% & it seems like I’m running out of stories to complete?

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just finished chapter 2 (22% story done).
I’m loving it but don’t have enough time spare to play as much as I’d like.
I’ve got this feeling that I want to finish the story game before online is released (it won’t happen) just think I’ll spend more time playing online than the story when the option is there.

Zoidberg

First Grade
This game is beyond me. I’m out of missions, everywhere I go I get bounty hunted & killed. Fml I’ve given it up
You know you can pay off your bounty?
Don’t know how you run out of missions, don’t new ones keep popping up?

Annyong

Juniors
You know you can pay off your bounty?
Don’t know how you run out of missions, don’t new ones keep popping up?
Can’t raise enough coin to pay it off lol. Nah I’ve only got bounty hunting & one more mission...blokes name that starts with a J.

Annyong

Juniors
Well I’ve saved the Irish dude, there isn’t another mission on the map. Christ I’m to old for these sorts of games