What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Apatus

Juniors
Just read in an old article about Woolford from when he joined the Bulldogs that he's also a goal-kicking option. It's a few years out of date, hopefully he's not a few years out of practice

Zac Woolford
Queanbeyan Blues local Junior Zac Woolford will join the Bulldogs through until 2018 on a two-year deal.

Woolford, a hooker makes his way to Belmore following an outstanding season with the Canberra Raiders in 2016 that saw him cause plenty of havoc out of dummy-half for the NSW Blues under 20’s in their 36-22 win over the Maroons. With a strong finish to the year, Woolford was nominated for the Dally M Holden Cup player of the year. A handy goal kicker as well, he finished the 2016 season with 144 points, four tries, 64 conversions, 69% with the boot and 23 line break assists.

Yosh

Coach
Looks liek Woolford ticks a lot of boxes. I personally prefer a goal kicker that plays 80 mins but Wolford isn't a 80 minute hooker right?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
If we let Levi go then I’d be interested in having Segyaro on a short term deal, maybe 1 or 2 years maximum so that we can groom Woolford as our long term hooker after that.

It looks like Levi and Brown have had a falling out last season and it doesn’t seem to be repairable by the looks of things. It’s a shame because Levi has shown he’s a talented player but the vibe that we’re getting is that he’s immature and his attitude may not be in the right place. That being said it’s not like we are at training every day so this is all based on what we see in the media and things that Brown says.

On Klemmer I can’t see him going anywhere near the Sharks given that he wants out of Sydney. Also the reason that we’re all still waiting on something to be announced is because Klemmer is still away on holidays and the Bulldogs want to sign Napa before letting Klemmer go so this could all still be a few weeks away by all reports.

Old dog

Juniors
Napa sounding doubtful for dogs so Klemmer might take a bit longer than thought, think we should hear something when he is back from holidays, not sure when that is, end of month?

Old dog

Juniors
If Mann unlikely then most likely keep Levi with Woolford putting on pressure for him to perform or chase Segeyaro..
Can't understand why Parra and Tigers are considering Levi if Segeyaro is available.

Yosh

Coach
If Mann unlikely then most likely keep Levi with Woolford putting on pressure for him to perform or chase Segeyaro..
Can't understand why Parra and Tigers are considering Levi if Segeyaro is available.

Perhaps they are going through a bit of a rebuild? Segeyaro is better short term but perhaps they wanna build a team that can challenge in 2-3 years later and Levi is younger and could be reaching his prime in those years while Segeyaro will be on the decline?

Not sure but they are more than welcome to have him. Woolford seems like he has a good head on his shoulders and is coming from a winning culture. Need a palette cleansing anyway.

Burwood

Bench
Media 6 months ago: who would you rather play for in a World Cup- Australia or New Zealand?
Ponga: New Zealand
Headline: Ponga dreams of playing for New Zealand for World Cup.

Media now: what are your plans beyond 2019?
Ponga: I’m only focused on 2019 and not beyond.
Headline: Ponga refuses to commit to NRL beyond 2019, so will join New Zealand to play in rugby World Cup.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Media 6 months ago: who would you rather play for in a World Cup- Australia or New Zealand?
Ponga: New Zealand
Headline: Ponga dreams of playing for New Zealand for World Cup.

Media now: what are your plans beyond 2019?
Ponga: I’m only focused on 2019 and not beyond.
Headline: Ponga refuses to commit to NRL beyond 2019, so will join New Zealand to play in rugby World Cup.
the media job is to create a headline. Tele is now saying Levi free to leave and exploring options. All based on one interview. And the media wonders why no one wants to talk to them.

slotmachine

First Grade
The interview was with the knights head of recruitment, who explicitly stated if Levi wants to negotiate with other clubs they would look favourably on the request

perverse

Referee
The interview was with the knights head of recruitment, who explicitly stated if Levi wants to negotiate with other clubs they would look favourably on the request
Yeah, you rarely see a player so far on the outer that they're encouraged in the media to leave. Pretty bold. I did a double take when I read it.

Annyong

Juniors
Annyong Guys.

We’re sitting pretty for next season regardless of signings, although big metre eater Klem would be awesome!

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I dont get the Levi thing. When we were getting beaten constantly, he played with a serious back injury to help the team. Now all we hear is that he is all about himself and that he isnt a team player. Did the NZ jersey go to his head?

Ive got to say though, im not surprised he was pissed off at the start of last season. If i had gone from being the nz hooker to being replaced by a bench hooker and going back to reserve grade, it would have been tough to take. I do think that he should have dealt with it better though.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I dont get the Levi thing. When we were getting beaten constantly, he played with a serious back injury to help the team. Now all we hear is that he is all about himself and that he isnt a team player. Did the NZ jersey go to his head?

Ive got to say though, im not surprised he was pissed off at the start of last season. If i had gone from being the nz hooker to being replaced by a bench hooker and going back to reserve grade, it would have been tough to take. I do think that he should have dealt with it better though.
Being the number 1 hooker and NZ rep probably did give him a sense of entitlement - it would most people. This season could be the making of him. I'd love to see Levi playing behind a pack on the front foot. He would be crazy to leave the Knights and Brown has obviously had a good influence on him so far. 2 back surgeries in the last couple few years doesnt sound good for a young fella.

Spot On

Coach

At a guess, Levi sees himself as an 80 min player???? Brown doesn't.

Brown buys Griffin but doesn't see him as an 80 min player. Instead, Brown seemingly loves having a starter who is solid in 'd' and then likes to inject an impact hooker with a running game. I don't mind this if the rest of the bench is balanced.

It's obvious Levi isn't happy with that arrangement and maybe his attitude is part of the problem. Certainly his on field decisions can be poor at times and far from a 'team' mentality.

But Brown needs to decide on what he wants from his number 9. And he needs to find 2 decent hookers, willing to share the role (happily) and play half a game.

You are right BIHK, when this squad was at it's weakest and getting bashed weekly, Levi played through the back problem and showed enormous determination and guts. That was a big 'team' effort.

It has to be issues at training and behind the scenes, fallout with senior players perhaps and not just coaching staff, that sees him well and truly on the outer??? Or is it that the back issues will be ongoing??

Frederick

Staff member
It has to be issues at training and behind the scenes, fallout with senior players perhaps and not just coaching staff, that sees him well and truly on the outer??? Or is it that the back issues will be ongoing??

It's the former

slotmachine

First Grade
6 spots to fill $2.2m to spend.

Signed;
Woolford
Hunt
Gavet
*Klemmer
*Mann

Yates isn't part of the equation. Good on him for getting a gig though, was starting to feel like a real job and real NRL was his future.

perverse

Referee
6 spots to fill $2.2m to spend.

Signed;
Woolford
Hunt
Gavet
*Klemmer
*Mann

Yates isn't part of the equation. Good on him for getting a gig though, was starting to feel like a real job and real NRL was his future.
Seems like the Hayne situation is pouring cold water on our acquisition of Mann. I'm not too fussed, seemed like a weird one to begin with.

Latest posts