What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

Watching this as a young nipper - and gutted at the end of every episode week after week after f*cking week when Miss Helena never saw me through the f*cking magic mirror...

hqdefault.jpg

1c1495c728cdd0c91fae695cd25cda65.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

___

Juniors
On a similar note - coming down one of these blistering-hot slippery dips wearing shorts in summer..

I can hear that shuddering noise of skin rubbing on metal as I type this... and mum getting out the burns creme and mercurochrome ..

9ax3k0tpiox01.jpg
That reminds me... we used to take a bucket up water up the steps, run it down, then come down after it. Freaking slippery and scary as if you do it straight away lol.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Watching this as a young nipper - and gutted at the end of every episode week after week after f*cking week when Miss Helena never saw me through the f*cking magic mirror...

hqdefault.jpg

1c1495c728cdd0c91fae695cd25cda65.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Sometime in the early to mid 80s I was flicking through the channels and Romper Room was on, the kids were running around pretending to be planes and helicopters then Miss Helena came across in a very serious voice and said now boys and girls you shouldn't go near helicopter propellers because you might get your head chopped off, I thought WTF are you serious but couldn't stop laughing at the same time either.

Last edited:

Parra

Referee
That chewing gum smell when you ripped open a pack of Scanlens footy cards in the mid 70’s, hoping for Bob Fulton’s card but only to be disappointed in getting Warren Snodgrass for the 20th time.

I can almost smell it now.

I reckon a Warren Snodgrass would be a collectable.

Johnny Peard was a hard one to get. Couldn't get one no matter how many Ray Higgs you offered. And Russell Fairfax. Think I swapped all of Balmain for Fairfax.

roofromoz

First Grade
The back of the cards being a mix of well written profiles and lame one liners.

There was a Brett Kenny card where he was recovering from what looked like a head knock but apparently he had a few too many drinks.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Rocking up here ..

Bertie%20Beetle%20Stand_0.jpg

And getting a bunch of these..

Screen-Shot-2018-03-16-at-12.11.30-pm.jpg

image_be5d64c0-1fb7-45da-96ca-96338c37b4e8_530x@2x.jpg

images
images

As a kid, or as an adult - This has always been the showbag of showbags ever since I went to my first easter show at Moore Park as a youngster.

The Bertie Beetle bag is probably still the most popular show bag. The show bag hall is not the same out at Homebush as the Royal Hall of Industries at Moore Park

Last edited:

Latest posts