What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horn V Mundine !

Gareth67

First Grade
A change of subject I believe is what we all need and what better than to have a yak about the upcoming fight later this month between Mundine and Jeff Horn .

The ‘ mouth of the south ‘ is to have his final fight , this time however it will be against an opponent who is more then capable of doing some real damage to The Man ‘ , oh my isn’t he what . I can see Mundine getting a real hiding in this , as Horn hits like a jackhammer and unfortunately for Mundine there will be nowhere to hide and will probably end up in Disneyland .

On the plus side for Anthony - love him or loathe him , he has done his bit for Australian boxing , highly controversial undoubtedly , good looking - not in a pigs eye , but still he could certainly talk . The best of luck to you Anthony in your future endeavors and for pity sake - don’t make any come-backs !

slippery5

Juniors
I read an article that asked Otki [that German guy} who knocked out Mundine who was his toughest opponent during career, His answer was "that indigenous guy from Australia.
Otki had more title defence fights, than Mundine had professional fights.

ouryears

Bench
A change of subject I believe is what we all need and what better than to have a yak about the upcoming fight later this month between Mundine and Jeff Horn .

The ‘ mouth of the south ‘ is to have his final fight , this time however it will be against an opponent who is more then capable of doing some real damage to The Man ‘ , oh my isn’t he what . I can see Mundine getting a real hiding in this , as Horn hits like a jackhammer and unfortunately for Mundine there will be nowhere to hide and will probably end up in Disneyland .

On the plus side for Anthony - love him or loathe him , he has done his bit for Australian boxing , highly controversial undoubtedly , good looking - not in a pigs eye , but still he could certainly talk . The best of luck to you Anthony in your future endeavors and for pity sake - don’t make any come-backs !
There is a lot to dislike about the man, but because he played for us and did well, I guess I am going for him, though I like Horn as well.

However, heart is with choc.....well I think it is, have to see how I feel on fight day

denis preston

First Grade
Horn had a choice , take the couple of mill or fight a world ranked fighter for much , much less. Whilst criticised , i think he made the right decision. If he is smart ( and he appears so ) then he wouldn't have too many fights left in him so take the money to set his family up for life. If he is still fighting in 3 to 4 years then it's his own fault.

You think footballers have occuring ailments in their retirement. That's nothing compared to fighters.EG Jeff Harding.

possm

Coach
Mundine was a great Dragons player and I used to like watching him play. I was angry when he hung up is rugby league boots and found it very sad when he started ranting about his new found religion. I live in Brisbane now but still will go for Mundine in his last bout.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I dont like Mundine.
I respect his father for he did much but said little.

Anthony is the opposite.
An idiot, a motormouth and a career d!ckhead.

He cost us the grand final because he was selfish and not a team player.

He then ditched us to go to the Broncos.

I will never forget or forgive him for his words about 911 at the time.

I sincerely hope Horn shuts him up, once and forever.

I dont like Mundine.
I respect his father for he did much but said little.

Anthony is the opposite.
An idiot, a motormouth and a career d!ckhead.

He cost us the grand final because he was selfish and not a team player.

He then ditched us to go to the Broncos.

I will never forget or forgive him for his words about 911 at the time.

I sincerely hope Horn shuts him up, once and forever.
That is a true and objective overview of "The Man" OKB.
Any brilliance he showed as a St. George player was over shadowed by his selfishness and lack of loyalty.
Premierships are hard enough to win at the best of time, but he single handedly butchered the '99 Grand Final.
His Father was not as talented but humble and a gentleman.
Too bad.

Fire

First Grade
I realised something the other day that I found mindblowing.

There will be 18 year olds going to the pub to watch this fight, who were not even born when Anthony Mundine last played in the NRL!!
Which in my opinion, love or hate him, you have to respect him for still being able to get after it at 43 years of age.

ebbedfred

Bench
Met Choc a few times a while back when he was preparing for his 1st fight with Sam Soliman. He was a very nice guy, polite, respectful, fantastic with the kids who asked for an autograph etc. His manager I was not really a fan of.

There is no doubt he is a better person than the "character" he portrays, no doubt that character has done wonderful things for his bank balance, and I believe he is the best self promoter this country, even if he just copied the American blue print on how to trash talk so nothing really new, just very un-Australian.

That being said, I think if he was as good as he said he was, he would not have needed to create that character. It has infuriated me over the years that we never really found out how good he was, depsite all his talk, he rarely took the hard road, he should have gone to the states much earlier in his career to test himself. The times I found myself really cheering for him was when I thought he really stepped up and had his back against the wall, such as the Kessler fight.

I'll be cheering for Horn in this one, I just think he is a much more genuine bloke.

ALSGI

Bench
Wow. How sad is that
Can you elaborate please.

Sad that a boxer was knocked out?
Sad that I enjoy the picture?
Sad that your hero is a f**kwit?

I’m not in his fan club, I think he’s a racist, big headed dick head and I cannot get past his comments on 911, Australia Day and his dick head nature. For all those that think it’s all just a sales pitch he was once pulled over by cops (one of which I knew at the time) and when asked for his licence he basically refused and said “you know who I am”. He then pulled the black card commenting about his BMW.

I do acknowlodge he was a brilliant footy player, good boxer and an elite athelete but he’s a shit stain imo and his picture flat out on the canvas will be enjoyed for many more years I hope.