What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Jarryd Hayne sexual assault trials

I just had a flash back to 06. Didn't Hayne bite some young lady in a nightclub during his rookie season?

I specifically remember someone attached to Parra coming out and saying it was a beat up, and Hayne was a fine young man who is a star on the rise.

It seems biting really is his go. Hannibal Hayne.

hrundi99

First Grade
I just had a flash back to 06. Didn't Hayne bite some young lady in a nightclub during his rookie season?

I specifically remember someone attached to Parra coming out and saying it was a beat up, and Hayne was a fine young man who is a star on the rise.

Come on, mate.

"Haynebal Lecter".

Hass

Juniors

It wasn't a dream. The internet is an amazing thing.
Winger fined for biting woman
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...ABAB&usg=AOvVaw3zka6YDBlhuSMwbZZ1wz5d&ampcf=1

Perth Red

Post Whore
It would seem Jarryd missed the memo from Todd last year that the players were now “partners in the game” and the massive pay rise meant they would all behave like responsible adults.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It would seem Jarryd missed the memo from Todd last year that the players were now “partners in the game” and the massive pay rise meant they would all behave like responsible adults.

You never miss a chance to cast the net wide enough to blame Greenberg or the NRL.

For what it's worth, Jarryd Hayne is not a contracted NRL player at the moment and it probably stands to reason as to why that's the case.

Is it unfair to say that the overwhelming majority of NRL players do the right thing and do act like "partners in the game"?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Interpretation comes from the Latin interpretari, which means "explain" or "translate." Adding the prefix mis- (which in this case means "wrongly") changes the word's meaning to "wrong interpretation." Misinterpretation is often accidental, but it can be intentional, too. "Willful misinterpretation" is misunderstanding someone else's words on purpose, often to make an unrelated point.

TheFrog

Coach
it probably stands to reason as to why that's the case.
Let me guess. Because he was asking for more than he's worth and teams were baulking at paying it? Had he lowered his ask he would have been signed up months ago.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Let me guess. Because he was asking for more than he's worth and teams were baulking at paying it? Had he lowered his ask he would have been signed up months ago.
Absolutely. Parramatta are probably relieved.

Fire

First Grade
May be one for someone versed in matters of law, such as Mr Fire, as to whether someone already in jail can be made to give evidence by video in a civil matter overseas.
Too early to tell, sorry.

Put simply: The US woman is trying to get Hayne (and two of his friends) to fly to Los Angeles for questioning. Hayne and his friends want to provide written statements from and stay in Australia. A Judge Magistrate will decide what is to happen on 27 January 2019.

Anyways, in my opinion, the US matter was never a legal issue. Hayne could've 'out-litigated' the US woman because he (most likely) has deeper pockets. However, most (if not all) of his resources will go into defending the NSW criminal allegations.

We'll have to wait until after (i) 27 January 2019 to see what is decided, (ii) what happens with the NSW criminal allegations, and (iii) then a clearer picture will be visible on matters such as video conferences, etc (i.e., we'll just cross each bridge as we come to them).

Slightly off-topic: I hope Hayne has good people watching him because I would not be surprised at all if we wake one morning to read that he has attempted suicide from the stress and pressure of the below four matters combined:
1. US civil case;
2. NSW criminal proceedings;
3. His legal fees are about to exponentially increase; and
4. No employment (I'm unsure of his assets) to service those fees.

Last edited: