What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horn V Mundine !

Gareth67

First Grade
Well some good comments here as well as a few odd , but still each to their own .

Dennis Preston - your so right about the the injuries that continue on with boxers after retirement and Jeff Harding what a shame , could really give a fight everything he had . I recall the world title fight with Dennis Andries , by gad he came back from the jaws of defeat and landed blow after blow on the cocky sod - a well deserved victory.

Don’t know if anyone can recall the name of Hector Thompson , an Aboriginal chap with concrete hands who most unfortunately killed 2 of his opponents in the ring and then retired from the sport as he was devastated by the tragedies.

And OKB1 , yes mate Tony Mundine was indeed a true gentleman and a very good middleweight , but unfortunately had a glass jaw . Will never forget his fight with the South American brawler Carlos Monson , the bloke was a gorilla and thumped Mundine into submission , always blamed his manager for very poor judgement in allowing Tony Mundine to fight him .

However I am sure that the crowd for this upcoming fight will receive their money’s worth , may the better man win .

slippery5

Juniors
I dont like Mundine.
I respect his father for he did much but said little.

Anthony is the opposite.
An idiot, a motormouth and a career d!ckhead.

He cost us the grand final because he was selfish and not a team player.

He then ditched us to go to the Broncos.

I will never forget or forgive him for his words about 911 at the time.

I sincerely hope Horn shuts him up, once and forever.
I think he ditched the Dragons to go to the Broncos but came back for SGI prior to playing in the 99 GF.
Just on that, it was our back footing defence as we tried to defend our lead that cost us ( jeez how long have we had bad coaches for ?] & of course Bill Harrigan or was it Jamie Ainscough's fault, either way I was hoping the fighter planes would come back & drop a bomb on me!!!

Como Connection

First Grade
I think he ditched the Dragons to go to the Broncos but came back for SGI prior to playing in the 99 GF.
Just on that, it was our back footing defence as we tried to defend our lead that cost us ( jeez how long have we had bad coaches for ?] & of course Bill Harrigan or was it Jamie Ainscough's fault, either way I was hoping the fighter planes would come back & drop a bomb on me!!!
I blame Wishart for losing the ball in a run from the kickoff after the Dragons had just scored.
Strom try straight after.
CC

TruSaint

Referee
Just on his footy skills, as I was and still am a huge fan.

Lets not forget what he did in the prelim v Sharks in 1999, esp the second 40... That effort right there got us to the GF.

One of the best 40 minutes of footy by a x factor player I have seen. Brilliant.

Choc was one of the reasons many young kids in my family / friends sphere follow Saints.Gifted athlete alright.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Just on his footy skills, as I was and still am a huge fan.

Lets not forget what he did in the prelim v Sharks in 1999, esp the second 40... That effort right there got us to the GF.

One of the best 40 minutes of footy by a x factor player I have seen. Brilliant.

Choc was one of the reasons many young kids in my family / friends sphere follow Saints.Gifted athlete alright.

Yes, fair call there, TruSaint.
He had the skills alright.
Wasn't that the game where we saw both Mundine & Blacklock did a backflip together?
Well, Mundine first and then Blackers?

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
b881490678z1_20180725180907_000g3i16ahpu2-0-nety9e9ahoi4l8n2oq2_t460.jpg

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Well some good comments here as well as a few odd , but still each to their own .

Dennis Preston - your so right about the the injuries that continue on with boxers after retirement and Jeff Harding what a shame , could really give a fight everything he had . I recall the world title fight with Dennis Andries , by gad he came back from the jaws of defeat and landed blow after blow on the cocky sod - a well deserved victory.

Don’t know if anyone can recall the name of Hector Thompson , an Aboriginal chap with concrete hands who most unfortunately killed 2 of his opponents in the ring and then retired from the sport as he was devastated by the tragedies.

And OKB1 , yes mate Tony Mundine was indeed a true gentleman and a very good middleweight , but unfortunately had a glass jaw . Will never forget his fight with the South American brawler Carlos Monson , the bloke was a gorilla and thumped Mundine into submission , always blamed his manager for very poor judgement in allowing Tony Mundine to fight him .

However I am sure that the crowd for this upcoming fight will receive their money’s worth , may the better man win .
Carlos Monzon thumped his wife over the balcony and went to jail for murder

Last edited:

grouch

First Grade
Can you elaborate please.

Sad that a boxer was knocked out?
Sad that I enjoy the picture?
Sad that your hero is a f**kwit?

I’m not in his fan club, I think he’s a racist, big headed dick head and I cannot get past his comments on 911, Australia Day and his dick head nature. For all those that think it’s all just a sales pitch he was once pulled over by cops (one of which I knew at the time) and when asked for his licence he basically refused and said “you know who I am”. He then pulled the black card commenting about his BMW.

I do acknowlodge he was a brilliant footy player, good boxer and an elite athelete but he’s a shit stain imo and his picture flat out on the canvas will be enjoyed for many more years I hope.
Sad that you're so filled with spite that you'd frame something spiteful and put it on your wall. Most people decorate their walls with things that celebrate joy, love and beauty, and here you are celebrating your own hate? That is sad. I hate Paul McGregor but I'm not gonna print and frame the back page the day he gets sacked

ALSGI

Bench
Sad that you're so filled with spite that you'd frame something spiteful and put it on your wall. Most people decorate their walls with things that celebrate joy, love and beauty, and here you are celebrating your own hate? That is sad. I hate Paul McGregor but I'm not gonna print and frame the back page the day he gets sacked
The picture is in my man cave, near my bar.
I also have a picture of Bo Derek there, now that is joy, love and beauty.

ALSGI

Bench

You hate Paul McGregor?

That is sad.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Yes I remember something about that he had been in jail for murder( not a big thing over that way apparently ) that was what set the alarm bells ringing for me at the time , in respect that the bloke was dangerous - very dangerous.
Yes a straight cross to the head of his wife and over the balcony she went

ouryears

Bench
Grouch, I think if someone does not like a team or a sportsman, having a photo of Mundine knocked out by that German guy is fair enough, not as if there might be 20 photos of Chocs worst days.

Other photos could be of the storm losing their titles from cheating, a photo of our very own Lats hit to the balls of Cam Smith, and the next one could be a photo of Hayne behind bars for 5 years.......and a photo of the day Mary gets sacked

TruSaint

Referee
Geeze those were the days we had speed, speeed and damn speed, can someone help us get some of this for 2019.....plus the big Red V on the 2 boys looks just great

Between Choc and Tingha...... many a fond memories.

Yes, speed, skill and a whole lot of fun.

But I digress, as this thread is about the fight.

ouryears

Bench
Between Choc and Tingha...... many a fond memories.

Yes, speed, skill and a whole lot of fun.

But I digress, as this thread is about the fight.
I loved choc as a player for us, disappointed when he left, haven’t liked him as a person or boxer....but I will support him vs horn out of fondness for the days in the big red V.

Critics are giving him no hope, but.....Horn may still be sufferring from the absolute beating he took in his last fight....I wouldn’t write choc off.

BankstownDragon

Juniors
I dont like Mundine.
I respect his father for he did much but said little.

Anthony is the opposite.
An idiot, a motormouth and a career d!ckhead.

He cost us the grand final because he was selfish and not a team player.

He then ditched us to go to the Broncos.

I will never forget or forgive him for his words about 911 at the time.

I sincerely hope Horn shuts him up, once and forever.

Well said, my sentiments exactly.

I meet him at a charity function once and I spoke to him. I basically said whilst I respect you for coming in support of the event...I'll never forgive you for leaving us twice and the 1999 GF. He looked at me with a surprise or shock that it meant that much to me I'd mention it at a charity event.

I does.