What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA season 2018/19 - General chat

abpanther

Staff member
Surprised we don't already have a chat thread for the 2018/19 season

What are everyone's early season impressions?

Lakers obviously struggling, I don't think Walton will make it to season's end

Raptors have surprised even with Kawhi missing so many games, Lowry has really stepped up

Warriors look more unbeatable than ever!

shaggs

Coach
The lakers are using the standard LeBron no defence technique, but withou the shooters he normally has.

Raptors are always good in the regular season. The noose comes out in finals time.

Wait till the warriors get boogie cousins on the court too.

Simmons has the kardashian curse. He stinks this year. Compared to the standard everyone knows he can play.

I like the way Milwaukee and Denver are playing for now. See how they look after 70 games instead of 10. I reckon if you can remain at 50% after 20 games and then slowly increase that percentage you will be alright

Storm13

Juniors
How does one get back into the NBA when the last time they followed the sport their favourite team was Seattle Sonics?

Really want to pick up where I left off but not sure where to start, thinking Aussie base would be preferable?

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
The Warriors will win the season easily, at the moment you can see they don’t care, loaded up on a Warriors/Duke double for odds of $8.50, almost stealing money.

Jimmy Buckets has been traded to the 76ers, so that will make them a team to watch from now on.

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
How does one get back into the NBA when the last time they followed the sport their favourite team was Seattle Sonics?

Really want to pick up where I left off but not sure where to start, thinking Aussie base would be preferable?

In terms of Aussies the 76ers have Ben Simmons and Jonah Bolden is their coach Brett Brown used to also coach Australia.

Patty Mills is in the Spurs, Delly and Thon Maker are on the bucks. Aron Baynes is on the Celtics

Dante Exum and Joe Ingles are on the Jazz and Ryan Broekhoff is on the Mavericks.

Maybe check those teams out to start with and see who you like

shaggs

Coach
Anyone notice that a lot of the games have heaps of empty seats?

I thought it might have been due quarter time or half time but they don’t seem to fill at all.

Golden state and lakers and philly home games are always full but the others don’t look full at all

shiznit

Coach
In terms of Aussies the 76ers have Ben Simmons and Jonah Bolden is their coach Brett Brown used to also coach Australia.

Patty Mills is in the Spurs, Delly and Thon Maker are on the bucks. Aron Baynes is on the Celtics

Dante Exum and Joe Ingles are on the Jazz and Ryan Broekhoff is on the Mavericks.

Maybe check those teams out to start with and see who you like
There’s soooo much Aussie talent at the moment.

The Boomers are gonna be something special when they all come together.

We have 1 NBA player... in Steven Adams... and he’s a decent player getting better and better each year.

But he wants nothing to do with playing for NZ.

I’ll tell you who’s underrated from our neck of the woods...

Sean Marks who took over as GM of the biggest f**king hospital pass in american sports history when he took over the Nets 3 years ago.

What he’s done with them in his 3rd season has been remarkable IMO...

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
There’s soooo much Aussie talent at the moment.

The Boomers are gonna be something special when they all come together.

We have 1 NBA player... in Steven Adams... and he’s a decent player getting better and better each year.

But he wants nothing to do with playing for NZ.

I’ll tell you who’s underrated from our neck of the woods...

Sean Marks who took over as GM of the biggest f**king hospital pass in american sports history when he took over the Nets 3 years ago.

What he’s done with them in his 3rd season has been remarkable IMO...

Josh Green is a five star recruit aswell who is playing for Arizona next season. A few good years ahead hopefully.

Sean Marks is incredibly underrated. Dosen’t get the attention he deserves.

shiznit

Coach
Kemba Walker is having an awesome start to the season.
Yup...

But do you think MJ backs up the Brinks truck and pays him a max deal?

IMO he’s not worth a max... considering the type of bind it puts you in for the future...

You don’t want to be stuck like the Wizards are with John Wall.

If you pay a max deal they need to be a perennial all star alreast IMO...

But they may need to pay him the max just to keep him.

WT2K

Juniors
Yup...

But do you think MJ backs up the Brinks truck and pays him a max deal?

IMO he’s not worth a max... considering the type of bind it puts you in for the future...

You don’t want to be stuck like the Wizards are with John Wall.

If you pay a max deal they need to be a perennial all star alreast IMO...

But they may need to pay him the max just to keep him.
Yea, it's a tough one for Jordan. I agree with you that he's not worth Max money.
$189 million over five years (potentially $221 million if Walker is voted All-NBA this season). Are the figures for kemba. Already paying Batum $120m..

shiznit

Coach
OKC beat the brakes off of GS.

The great thing for OKC was that it was off the back of Schroder, PG and Adams. Russ had a pretty quiet game. In the past OKC would just get blown off the floor if Russ wasn’t being super man.

They actually have real depth now... in the past when Russ came off things would nose dive and also when Steven Adams had a break they struggled... now Schroder takes the reins for Russ and Noel picks up the slack for Adams. They are far, far better this season.

The good thing for GS was that they were undermanned... and beaten from the inside out... they will get Draymond and Boogie eventually who will rectify things inside.

And Steph of course....

shiznit

Coach
I didn’t think it was even possible.... but the West is even more stacked than last year...

I think a couple of highly fancied teams will miss out because teams like the Grizz & Nuggets are looking like the truth...

The Kings also turning some heads...

Jump aboard the Bucks train.

There's no certainty that Delly and Thon will be around in the long term but with the Greek Freak being the best player in the league right now (and probably the best to watch at that) the next decade looks extremely bright in Milwaukee.

Add that they are a proud, small market team without the $$$ of big city counterparts, it's going to be a great feeling to experience this upcoming period of relative success.

shiznit

Coach
Jump aboard the Bucks train.

There's no certainty that Delly and Thon will be around in the long term but with the Greek Freak being the best player in the league right now (and probably the best to watch at that) the next decade looks extremely bright in Milwaukee.

Add that they are a proud, small market team without the $$$ of big city counterparts, it's going to be a great feeling to experience this upcoming period of relative success.
You have to hope he doesn’t leave in the next couple of years,

The bucks need to add another superstar to convince him to stay beyond his next contract.

Otherwise they may end up in a similar position to what New Orleans are in with AD.

isaiah

Bench
I didn’t think it was even possible.... but the West is even more stacked than last year...

I think a couple of highly fancied teams will miss out because teams like the Grizz & Nuggets are looking like the truth...

The Kings also turning some heads...
The jazz winning at the kings without Mitchell shows how good ingles is

footy75

Bench
GSW will come out of West and I have a feeling if Kawahi can stay fit this could be the year that Toronto don't choke.