What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V8 Newcastle

Life's Good

Coach
McLaughlin sure let the occasion get to him. The pit lane infringement & love tap on SDS were all his doing. I am surprised his team weren’t more vocal about getting him to pull his head in particularly in the period prior to the clash with SDS. At that point he was cruising to the title and didn’t need to take any risks.
I thought he was hard done by in the incident with Lowndes given the shape of the track but ultimately missing the apex put him in a vulnerable position and the rest is a lottery when race stewards have to adjudicate.

Life's Good

Coach
McLaughlin sure is cursed in Newcastle. He’s not meant to win a title by cruising to the line.
Race 2 tomorrow is now a must see.

Life's Good

Coach
Well maybe not. Van Gisbergen has been hit with a retro pit lane penalty dropping him to 5th. Never a dull moment in this taxi cab racing series.

T-Boon

Coach
I thought the Whincup & Coultard skirmish around the hairpin and last corner was one of the highlights of the season.

nöyd

Staff member
I thought the Whincup & Coultard skirmish around the hairpin and last corner was one of the highlights of the season.
Especially like how the officials let it all go without penalties, thought Whincup's get-square on Fabs on Sunday may have got him in trouble.

T-Boon

Coach
Having watched the highlights again the one improvement to the track they could make is to widen the last corner (where Wcup crashed) by a car width. They could just move the barrier back 2 metres and berm the curb up.
That would allow a decent overtake opportunity around the hairpin and last corner. As much as I loved seeing Wcup going into the wall it was also the ballsiest move of the weekend and should be encouraged.

Latest posts