What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

The Great Dane

First Grade
You can't claim that someone's subjective opinion is "false".

His subjective opinion is informed by assumptions that are objectively false there by making his subjective opinion objectively false.

If I think jersey A looks better than jersey B its a personal preference. There is no foundation of fact or inaccuracies. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder kind of thing.

Your preferred shade of green may differ to mine, neither of us are wrong.

Except what happened here isn't a question of preference. He prefers A and I prefer B didn't happen here.

He said that "Out of all the times the raiders have done a remake of their 80's/90's jersey, none have been as good as this Widnes one.", and I said that is false cause the Raiders have had (effectively) exactly the same design as a heritage jersey multiple times, and as such it's impossible that the Widnes jersey is better than all the Raiders ones cause it's exactly the same as some of the Raiders ones.
When two things are exactly the same (as is the case with these designs) it's not possible that one is better than the other cause they are exactly the same.

AJB1102

First Grade
His subjective opinion is informed by assumptions that are objectively false there by making his subjective opinion objectively false.

Except what happened here isn't a question of preference. He prefers A and I prefer B didn't happen here.

He said that "Out of all the times the raiders have done a remake of their 80's/90's jersey, none have been as good as this Widnes one.", and I said that is false cause the Raiders have had (effectively) exactly the same design as a heritage jersey multiple times, and as such it's impossible that the Widnes jersey is better than all the Raiders ones cause it's exactly the same as some of the Raiders ones.
When two things are exactly the same (as is the case with these designs) it's not possible that one is better than the other cause they are exactly the same.

f**k mate its his opinion on what he likes. I doubt every single element of all the jerseys is exactly the same. @gzerounian prefers the Widnes one for whatever based on personal preference. It's not an attack on your club deserving of essays why he's wrong.

unforgiven

Bench
I remember in high school a mate had a flash new jacket, green I think and another mate saw it as orange. We went to town on that for a while haha
I feel his pain, I am actually colour blind so that happens to me all the time. I remember when I was younger and it wasn't cool to wear pink as a guy and I got caught out a few times wearing a shirt I thought was red only to later find out, when my mates gave it to me, that it was in fact pink.

AJB1102

First Grade
I feel his pain, I am actually colour blind so that happens to me all the time. I remember when I was younger and it wasn't cool to wear pink as a guy and I got caught out a few times wearing a shirt I thought was red only to later find out, when my mates gave it to me, that it was in fact pink.

Going by the shit we pulled on this bloke messing with his colour perception vs our's you might not have been wrong mate lol. Plenty of random times we'd be like "when mate gets here no matter what he's wearing we comment on his pink shirt"

Canard

Immortal

Put the phone down and take a break mate.

You are blowing up over someone's personal preference.

GAZF

First Grade

The irony of you picking a sentence to bits for objectivity while ignoring subtle differences between designs, in a thread for jerseys of all places...

Did you bother to ask @gzerounian what he meant by that statement ("its the most accurate" or "I really like this design because of A/B/C") before jumping down his throat about being objectively wrong? Could your interpretation of his original post's objectivity be *gasp* subjective?

Not sure what 'McFaddden' was but that wouldve been just after they lost Woodgers as their sponsor because I think in early 1990 for the Lotto Challenge and Sevens they played without a sponsor until Round 1 when Video Ezy became their major sponsor.
McFadden manufactured and sold garages, carports etc...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The irony of you picking a sentence to bits for objectivity while ignoring subtle differences between designs, in a thread for jerseys of all places...

Did you bother to ask @gzerounian what he meant by that statement ("its the most accurate" or "I really like this design because of A/B/C") before jumping down his throat about being objectively wrong? Could your interpretation of his original post's objectivity be *gasp* subjective?
I was about to post that he needs to look up the meaning of 'subjective' then I saw this post. Well said.

unforgiven

Bench
Going by the shit we pulled on this bloke messing with his colour perception vs our's you might not have been wrong mate lol. Plenty of random times we'd be like "when mate gets here no matter what he's wearing we comment on his pink shirt"
My 5 year old daughter tries this all the time lol. I can't see the colour purple at all. She is always asking me what colour purple objects are, my response now is purple to everything lol.

22286.jpg
22274.jpg
Ds8yUxzXoAAIscS

Huddersfield Preview looks like a chevron

cooko

Juniors
Not sure what 'McFaddden' was but that wouldve been just after they lost Woodgers as their sponsor because I think in early 1990 for the Lotto Challenge and Sevens they played without a sponsor until Round 1 when Video Ezy became their major sponsor.
There was a very small run of McFadden jerseys made in the lead up to the 1990 season. They have the blue collar and sleeve cuffs.

The story on the one posted above with the black box and white cuffs is that the jerseys went missing on the way to England so the raiders had to buy a set of “woodgers” jerseys in England and had the McFadden logo pressed over the top.

McFadden (a kit home company) went bust before the 1990 season kicked off. Canberra Stadium was also called McFadden Stadium in the original 1990 draw.

I have one of the few McFadden jerseys - found it in a Salvos store a few years back.