What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widdop seeks release

OzDragon

Coach
Losing Nene & Widdop will hurt next season big time.

By letting them go, we lose a very talented finisher, our main goalkicker, our organising half and our captain.

ouryears

Bench
You're a piece of shit.

I think you'd be best suited to a career as a punching bag.
Listen hear drop kick, if I want to give my opinion on an overpaid, underperforming, weak kneed captain who has never closed out a key game for us, I damn well will.

He could have said this is my last year or he could have given notice to the club back in August, but no, as usual, he has no idea how to act with any sort of plan, exactly like he has none on the field.

What’s our best performance with him, 6th or 7th?

Don’t need him, we need a man with balls.

You have your opinion, good on you, most on here don’t care, read the posts son.

SBD82

Coach
Listen hear drop kick, if I want to give my opinion on an overpaid, underperforming, weak kneed captain who has never closed out a key game for us, I damn well will.

He could have said this is my last year or he could have given notice to the club back in August, but no, as usual, he has no idea how to act with any sort of plan, exactly like he has none on the field.

What’s our best performance with him, 6th or 7th?

Don’t need him, we need a man with balls.

You have your opinion, good on you, most on here don’t care, read the posts son.
Too easy.

ouryears

Bench
The off-season just got interesting!
This is good news for Lomax who will be our goalkicker most likely.
And good news for Frizz who will be our captain.
I like it. Now we just need to secure a 5/8. Preferably one that can close a game out and kick a field goal unlike Widdop.
With you all the way Crush
I am cracking the champagne if it’s true and he goes
Nothing personal against Widdop
But geeze, biggest disappointment of a supposed big signing ever
Compare him to Cronk, just played and won a GF with massive injury
While Widdop sooks about the mother country

BLM01

First Grade
I thought same thing and agreed this has to be sorted out very quickly..

Look if true and he wants out too, lets face it a lucrative deal playing over there where he would likely win a SL title but no premiership here. Let him go and all this BS we see with player managers, players and contracts as finally landed on the Dragons door. There were whispers before he extended his contract he wanted out then. We may of only kept him by throwing the big $$ and the captaincy at him which I believe more to be true than false to keep him happy as he was our marquee player.
Love him as our 5/8th and wish he stays to try and get us that next elusive premiership.

But if he goes remember this. The powers of be at the NRL over the past 20 years, the media, corporate $$ and the player managers have all contributed to the elite product we have today and the debacle that has come with it resulting in $$ coming first.
We have a lack of loyalty and investment only in a elite level win at all costs product at the expense of the loyal fans, kids and mug rugby league players and volunteers that are out there in their droves that played for fun with their mates and bit of tribalism from the area they reside in and are and still want to be involved in the game today like myself.
Unfortunately to follow the game today we are reaping what we sowed.

True_Believer

Juniors
Funny how quick people turn on the guy. My thoughts would be giving up a 7 figure salary wouldn’t be a decision taken lightly.

I could understand turning on him if he left and is with another nrl club for 2019/2020.. but if he’s going back to the UK then so be it.

For those saying being homesick at 29 is pathetic I’d maybe you need some reality or perspective because it’s not the same as your 7 year old being homesick while they have a sleepover for a few days down the road. We are talking a grown man with a family etc maybe they need help looking after the children or further family issues (could be illness with his family in England).
His family live in Australia as does his wife’s family. There’s nothing to be homesick for in England

Latest posts