What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England rep. Breakout year & young guns

Walter sobchak

First Grade
last year(2018) saw Jake Connor and Oliver gildart debut for England and the likes of Darnell Mcintosh(giants), Danny Richardson(saints) and jack Walker(rhinos) really breakthrough and cement their place in the starting 13/matchday 17.

So who are the leading contenders to do the same in 2019?? I think if he can keep fit Dom manfredi starts on the wing for England while Darnell Mcintosh could be hard to ignore if he keeps progressing like he is. Danny Richardson also should be there or there abouts in the England squad, especially due to the lack of quality halves at England’s disposal.

As for breakout players in 2019 I’m looking forward to seeing the likes of Harry Newman(rhinos), mikolaj oledski(rhinos), Morgan smithies(warriors) and the senior twins louis&innes(giants) get more game time this coming season.

The Clan

Juniors
Giants youngster Dom Young has been invited to train with Melbourne Storm.

He’s a 6’6” strong, fast and powerful winger, at just turned 17 years old it’s early to talk about him for 2019 but keep your eyes open for him soon.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Giants youngster Dom Young has been invited to train with Melbourne Storm.

He’s a 6’6” strong, fast and powerful winger, at just turned 17 years old it’s early to talk about him for 2019 but keep your eyes open for him soon.
Is that the kid with the dreadlocks??

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Yes, looks like a cross between Jamal Idris and Jonah Lomu
Only saw highlights of him playing for England against the French and looked very dangerous and a right handful every time he touched the ball.

It must be said that the Huddersfield Giants have a fantastic youth setup who continually churn out some great RL players.

The Clan

Juniors
Only saw highlights of him playing for England against the French and looked very dangerous and a right handful every time he touched the ball.

It must be said that the Huddersfield Giants have a fantastic youth setup who continually churn out some great RL players.

Remembering he’s only just turned 17 and still growing.

Louis and Innes Senior are also just turned 18 and are physically very gifted athletes despite being 6’5”. They’re big framed lads but haven’t filled out yet, in the next 3yrs they’ll become something special.

Others coming through at the Giants include, Jon Luke Kirby Prop, 6’5” very athletic and great engine. Sam Hewitt 2nd Row in the mould of Bateman they’re both 19yrs old.

Ben Bamber 17 year old prop 6’8” 120kgs again, like Kirby, what sets him apart is his athletic build attitude and workrate.

Andy Kelly, Head of Youth at Huddersfield has revolutionised their system and the results are starting to show

Last edited:

Walter sobchak

First Grade

Louis and zines Senior are also just turned 18 and are physically very gifted athletes despite being 6’5”. They’re big framed lads but haven’t filled out yet, in the next 3yrs they’ll become something special.

Others coming through at the Giants include, Jon Luke Kirby Prop, 6’5” very athletic and great engine. Sam Hewitt 2nd Row in the mould of Bateman they’re both 19yrs old.

Ben Bamber 17 year old prop 6’8” 120kgs again, like Kirby, what sets him apart is his athletic build attitude and workrate.

Andy Kelly, Head of Youth at Huddersfield has revolutionised their system and the results are starting to show
Do you not think that some players can become to big?? 6’6 and still growing for a winger is freakish and could hamper his pace with his huge height&weight. No??

The Clan

Juniors
Do you not think that some players can become to big?? 6’6 and still growing for a winger is freakish and could hamper his pace with his huge height&weight. No??

Definitely, which is why I emphasise athleticism and symmetrical proportion of physique.

I’m an ex player at Wakefield from the 1980s early 90s

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Was really impressed with Leeds Rhinos forward Muizz Mustapha and Tyler Dupree playing for Yorkshire against the Aussie schoolboys.

Don’t think they’ll see any action in super league in 2019 though. Too young. Probably be loaned out to championship and league 1 clubs on DR.

Jack Deth

Juniors
Lancashire went down 22-30 today. They didn't look as strong or as cohesive as Yorkshire. However, i have been very impressed with the two county sides.The Test series should be a cracker.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Lancashire went down 22-30 today. They didn't look as strong or as cohesive as Yorkshire. However, i have been very impressed with the two county sides.The Test series should be a cracker.
Any standouts? Did any England squad players play?

Walter sobchak

First Grade
For a couple of years, Toppo was at Hull FC when I came through the juniors. Rocky Turner was the Coach I mainly played under
I only got into RL as a kid in the beginning of the 90’s(stones bitter days) and can’t really remember much of wakey during this time. Were you a yo-yo club and always fighting relegation??

Funnily enough the only player I remember from that time was Michael Jackson for obvious reasons.

deluded pom?

Coach

Louis and Innes Senior are also just turned 18 and are physically very gifted athletes despite being 6’5”. They’re big framed lads but haven’t filled out yet, in the next 3yrs they’ll become something special.

Ironically there’s a thread on the TRL forum asking where all the big athletes are in RL.

Latest posts