What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Id start season with Kaysa over Mahoney
Only because I'd want Kaysa to prove himself a legit player.
Before people bag me out for that, Kaysa is somewhat lucky because we have so many other players that need to prove themselves as well. If we didn't have so many shit players at once then I'd have Mahoney starting no doubt.
Plus I wouldn't give Kaysa that many games

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Mahoney wouldn't surprise because he's probably definitely top 17.
I reckon Salmon is too, but if it were up to me he'd be developing halves combo with Brown.
I don't have him at centre because I'd go with Mennings (last ditch chance like the others) & Gunco (because French at fullback as last ditch blah blah blah).
I think with BA needing to win quickly then he'd be thinking same way. The problem will be if we don't, then any interim coach is also going to be looking to win quickly. A full replacement coach however may be more inclined to blood players in a shortened season

See the way I look at it is that BA is probably on his last chance so he's going to go with a fullback he can rely on, and that's Guth. He specifically brought him over from manly because he knew his talent and he knew his work ethic. Bevan's best game at fullback is only slightly better than Guth's but Bevan's worst game at fullback is a lot worse than Guth's.

hindy111

Post Whore
See the way I look at it is that BA is probably on his last chance so he's going to go with a fullback he can rely on, and that's Guth. He specifically brought him over from manly because he knew his talent and he knew his work ethic. Bevan's best game at fullback is only slightly better than Guth's but Bevan's worst game at fullback is a lot worse than Guth's.

If Bevans not fullback he starts at Wenty.
I have no issues with Norman,Gutherson or Bevan at fullback. But if Gutherson fullback I wonder who is centre. Taka?

hindy111

Post Whore
BA has to decide what style he wants to play.
If its power and grind id pick our biggest and most powerfull men in the backs. That mean Taka at centre with MJ,FERGO,GUTH and the last wing spot at this stage goes to younger Jennings unless Sivo or Parry come on strong.

hindy111

Post Whore
With players we have id go a grind 20 with 85 degree angle runs on 4th and 5th. I'd also run split plays and double shifts every 3rd set .
Open to the idea of the wind up double phase in 2nd half if behind by more then 8 with under 20 to go and single reverse to close games out.

As discussed with Ram and he agreed 100%

With players we have id go a grind 20 with 85 degree angle runs on 4th and 5th. I'd also run split plays and double shifts every 3rd set .
Open to the idea of the wind up double phase in 2nd half if behind by more then 8 with under 20 to go and single reverse to close games out.

As discussed with Ram and he agreed 100%
Are you sure he didn't only agree with 85%?

woddy

Juniors
Travis Meyn, The Courier-Mail
15 minutes ago

BRONCOS halfback Kodi Nikorima could be the first domino to fall in Anthony Seibold’s Red Hill revolution following revelations the New Zealand international has been shopped to the Warriors.

The Courier-Mail can reveal the Warriors were last week sounded out about the possibility of Nikorima replacing Cronulla signing Shaun Johnson.

The Broncos have repeatedly been linked with Parramatta playmaker Mitchell Moses, but club sources insist he will not be joining Brisbane.

However, the Nikorima situation will ignite speculation Seibold is on the hunt for signings since taking over from sacked coach Wayne Bennett.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...kLgA-BaHBsvcfN05oJpMzuk4IawNrPs29rHQ_yw0feR-0

84 Baby

Referee
I reckon BA is looking at what the best lineup is if everyone pulls their finger out. That’s French at back and Gutho in centres. But yeah Bevan has less games to prove he should be resigned than Norman or Moses, simply because his replacement is already a known quality. I actually worry for Bev that if given the start at fullback and then later getting dropped behind Gunco, we may see the last of him altogether. But then I remember his game this year where he ran like 2m and well f**k him, it’s his fault he’s in the position

Avenger

Immortal
I reckon BA is looking at what the best lineup is if everyone pulls their finger out. That’s French at back and Gutho in centres. But yeah Bevan has less games to prove he should be resigned than Norman or Moses, simply because his replacement is already a known quality. I actually worry for Bev that if given the start at fullback and then later getting dropped behind Gunco, we may see the last of him altogether. But then I remember his game this year where he ran like 2m and well f**k him, it’s his fault he’s in the position
French does not have the strength to be a modern day fullback. Just put Gutherson there. I think he is wasted at centre and when fit and free from injuries is our best player.

Your best player should not be restricted to half the field.