What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memorable matches

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just watching some games from the 90’s on fox sports recently got me thinking about games from years ago that stand out.
One of mine was from 1997 against the Roosters early in the year, can’t remember the score (but we did win) but I remember watching and being impressed with the win. I’m also prettty sure Leo Dynevor had a great game at half filling in for an injured Joey.

Any games stick in your head?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The two that I remember most fondly are that game against the Broncos in 2004 when Kurt Gidley kicked that wonky field goal in golden point and also our semi final in 2006 against Manly, I think we were 12 points down for most of the match and Manly were all over us but Joey scored one and put two on a plate for Kurt then Mullen almost scored a length of the field try and we ended up kicking a field goal and then topping it off with a try in the corner to Bryan Carney. That was such a high intensity game, both teams really ripped in.

Bartwah

Juniors
2 recent ones for me.
Round 1 this year, the atmosphere at the ground was next level, blew the (imaginary) roof off the stadium when Pearce hit the field goal.
And the other is against Melbourne in 2014(?). 2 tries in the final 2 minutes and Gidley kicking it from the sideline to win. Gives me goosebumps every time

Still Nutty

Juniors
2 recent ones for me.
Round 1 this year, the atmosphere at the ground was next level, blew the (imaginary) roof off the stadium when Pearce hit the field goal.
And the other is against Melbourne in 2014(?). 2 tries in the final 2 minutes and Gidley kicking it from the sideline to win. Gives me goosebumps every time
Yep - at both of those and that atmosphere isn't like any other ground....hope to see a lot more of those this year ;)

There was a string where we won 3 in a row and then a loss and a win in 2012 that I caught by accident a few weeks ago. I was impressed but didn't recall us being that good. Mullen totally lead the way.
'97 GF has to be it though.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I loved being at the qualifying semi vs the Sharks in 2001. The semi final game vs Parramatta was also a corker. Down 18-0 after 18 minutes and then coming back to win.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Just watching some games from the 90’s on fox sports recently got me thinking about games from years ago that stand out.
One of mine was from 1997 against the Roosters early in the year, can’t remember the score (but we did win) but I remember watching and being impressed with the win. I’m also prettty sure Leo Dynevor had a great game at half filling in for an injured Joey.

Any games stick in your head?

That was a great game! The Knights completed just about every set over the 80 minutes and Dynevor carved up.

Rd 1 2004 season opening game vs Penriff who were premiers at the time was a memorable game for me. We played very well and Joey was looking in great touch...his kick-offs were unbelievable and a nightmare for the Riff.

We won the game and it had me pumped for a big year. In typical Knights fashion though, Joey done his knee in Rd 3 and was ruled out for the year. What could've been if that bloke never got hurt...

Zoidberg

First Grade
Rd 1 2004 season opening game vs Penriff who were premiers at the time was a memorable game for me. We played very well and Joey was looking in great touch...his kick-offs were unbelievable and a nightmare for the Riff.

We won the game and it had me pumped for a big year. In typical Knights fashion though, Joey done his knee in Rd 3 and was ruled out for the year. What could've been if that bloke never got hurt...
If I remember correctly, Joey got injured during our 1st final of 2002 and a week before finals in 2003. What would’ve happened if he was fit...who knows.

If I remember correctly, Joey got injured during our 1st final of 2002 and a week before finals in 2003. What would’ve happened if he was fit...who knows.
Absolutely. If I recall, someone dog shotted him in the back and busted his ribs on one of those occasions.

There's no doubt in my mind that at least one Premiership went begging due to an injury to Johns. Likely 2002 imo

Lynoman

Bench
Absolutely. If I recall, someone dog shotted him in the back and busted his ribs on one of those occasions.

There's no doubt in my mind that at least one Premiership went begging due to an injury to Johns. Likely 2002 imo

Jason Ryles, was at the match, happened right in front of me, crowd was ropeable.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
The game vs sounds in 99 was a pearler. We put 60 on them and we brought it up by Craigie kicking a goal from the sideline near the full time siren.

Silent Knight

First Grade
The game vs sounds in 99 was a pearler. We put 60 on them and we brought it up by Craigie kicking a goal from the sideline near the full time siren.

That was the first day I learnt the pleasure of having a lol@souffs. A Souffs mate of mine reckoned Tricky Trindall was a better halfback than Andrew Johns. We were both at that game.

Ever since that game I have always thought..."Souffs are a bloody sh*t club".