What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brands You Hate

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Woolworths and Coles for their half prices rubbish. What is on offer that's 1/2 price? Nothing but non nutritious food such as ice cream, chocalate, sweets, chips etc. and dishwasher tablets, deodorant, shampoo etc.

Ever seen 1/2 price fruit/veg or chicken, beef lamb or pork. NEVER.
Two words; loss leader

Annyong

Juniors
From one fisho to another. Get it off your chest.
What happened ?
Snapped a Saltiga pe8 rod on an estimated 50kg plus dogtooth at the boat. The rod cost $750, they didn’t honour the warranty due to user error. I’m an extremely experienced fisho, I don’t high stick my rods. I was so pissed off I sold the Saltiga as well & went to a Stella with a tcurve.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Snapped a Saltiga pe8 rod on an estimated 50kg plus dogtooth at the boat. The rod cost $750, they didn’t honour the warranty due to user error. I’m an extremely experienced fisho, I don’t high stick my rods. I was so pissed off I sold the Saltiga as well & went to a Stella with a tcurve.
You may as well have been speaking Latin to me..

The Rosco

Bench
I hear ya mate.
Usually, if the store owner is in a good mood when the Daiwa rep comes in . . . and the rep got some from his Mrs the night before . . . if all that happens, you might get it replaced. The reps and store owners have to put up with some doozies as to how the rod broke, and so mostly blame the poor customer, even when it's obvious we have half a clue.
The Saltiga is a heavy "spin" stick, yes ?
I'm old school. If you wanna go play with doggies . . . especially 50kg !!!! models . . . take your inter 50W, and a nice lil stand up 50 stroker.
Leave the bream rods ( no matter how " heavy" they are rated ) at home. :D
Hope the Shimano gear works out.
Filania stritta. That's Southern Italian for " tight lines".
Latin. Pfft. My coglioni are Latin.

Annyong

Juniors
I hear ya mate.
Usually, if the store owner is in a good mood when the Daiwa rep comes in . . . and the rep got some from his Mrs the night before . . . if all that happens, you might get it replaced. The reps and store owners have to put up with some doozies as to how the rod broke, and so mostly blame the poor customer, even when it's obvious we have half a clue.
The Saltiga is a heavy "spin" stick, yes ?
I'm old school. If you wanna go play with doggies . . . especially 50kg !!!! models . . . take your inter 50W, and a nice lil stand up 50 stroker.
Leave the bream rods ( no matter how " heavy" they are rated ) at home. :D
Hope the Shimano gear works out.
Filania stritta. That's Southern Italian for " tight lines".
Latin. Pfft. My coglioni are Latin.
Yeah true, it was a heavy spin stick that shouldn’t have broke the way it did. Bit hard to to through a 400gm stickbait with a 50w lol. I haven’t caught one as big again with the Shimano but I have landed a 50+kg GT with it.

The Rosco

Bench
Yeah true, it was a heavy spin stick that shouldn’t have broke the way it did. Bit hard to to through a 400gm stickbait with a 50w lol. I haven’t caught one as big again with the Shimano but I have landed a 50+kg GT with it.
Yeah, casting is a whole nuther thing !.
Mate, here I am getting excited about 45cm whiting . . . and here you are tapping 50kg this and 50kg that.
I'm somewhere between impressed and jealous.
PS: I'd love to come out with you, but my delicate 2-4 kg 2.1 m rods wouldn't cut it throwing 1/2 kilo stick baits !

Last edited:

Annyong

Juniors
Yeah, casting is a whole nuther thing !.
Mate, here I am getting excited about 45cm whiting . . . and here you are tapping 50kg this and 50kg that.
I'm somewhere between impressed and jealous.
PS: I'd love to come out with you, but my delicate 2-4 kg 2.1 m rods wouldn't cut it throwing 1/2 kilo stick baits ![/QUOTE I fish 2-4kg in the creeks, rarely get my bigger boat wet these days between work & family commitments. GT’s are easy to find inshore, gotta go way out for the doggies.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
latest

Parra

Referee

You'll be right with Shimano. I have a Daiwa rod that I've had for years. Great for lightweight casting. Shimano reels on everything except beach rods. Then it's Alvey.

Annyong

Juniors
You'll be right with Shimano. I have a Daiwa rod that I've had for years. Great for lightweight casting. Shimano reels on everything except beach rods. Then it's Alvey.
I’ve had shimano, daiwa, abu, penn etc. they’ve all been fine, just this merkin from daiwa pissed me right off.

Latest posts