What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Season Topics Thread, Help Keep Us Sane

ViceVersa

Juniors
What is everyone's opinion on Donald Trump?

Spoken by one of the most outspoken and loudest critics of Donald Trump in America, of all people... Michael Moore

Followed Trump since the beginning, no one can argue he isn't doing exactly what he said he was going to do during the campaign. He's keeping all his promises, one by one. No politician keeps all their promises. You can disagree with them, and his rhetoric, but this is what the 'forgotten' men & women voted for. They didn't want a politically-correct speaking establishment globalist... They wanted a straight-talking old school New Yorker who would reject the Washington status quo and put America first. This is why they hate him. There is so much the average person doesn't know or understand.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
True Jimmy, bowlers and batters, pretty average.

Batting was ok. Few soft dismissals but that only highlights that some of the blokes aren’t international standard (Lynn, Head etc.).

The bowling (particularly towards the end of the Proteas’ innings) was woeful It seemed every delivery was an attempted Yorker but ended up as a full toss. In the end, I reckon they simply gave up the ghost.

Un-Australian.

Gareth67

First Grade
China has a secret missile base under the ice in Antarctica and plan to build another one on the dark side of the moon. Before you laugh I was told this in strict confidence by Pauline Hanson and confirmed later by Mark Latham.

I thought so , the sneaky little devils ! Just as long as they keep away from my fridge , as I don’t know what I would do without ice-cubes for my Scotch and Dry . :flushed:

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
Disappointed that Ange gave Timmy 9 whole minutes
Sure, we needed to get some combinations working with the regular guys, but come on, it was his farewell match
30 minutes surely, if not the entire second half.
I was becoming madder by the minute
Imaging giving Slater, Cronk or Gallen 9 minutes in their farewell match

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Disappointed that Ange gave Timmy 9 whole minutes
Sure, we needed to get some combinations working with the regular guys, but come on, it was his farewell match
30 minutes surely, if not the entire second half.
I was becoming madder by the minute
Imaging giving Slater, Cronk or Gallen 9 minutes in their farewell match

True that, OY's.
In league, we give them a pretty good send off.
In golf, the older you are, the worse you are and they love you more for it.
In soccer, its a case of ................. Next please!
Very poor indeed.
It showcased everything that is wrong with the Australian football hierarchy.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
..............and now for something completely different!

Did you know Mr Ed had a stunt double?
Apparently, Mr Ed was Spainish and could't speak english.
But of course .............. I knew that!

Wilburrrrrrrr!

d5fbae9b499c753c7c4e2555c47b3971-mister-ed-horse-party.jpg

ouryears

Bench
190 runs in a whole day!!?
Gone are the days when the Aussies would regularly score 300 in a test match day
Slow....boring.,.,,.unimaginative.......

We just don’t have the batsmen of the past, Gilchrist, Hayden, Langer, Waugh’s, Ponting, Clarke........thank goodness it’s getting closer to the day Smith and Warner will be back,

Our bowlers must be getting sick of our batsmen not earning their keep

Crush

Coach
190 runs in a whole day!!?
Gone are the days when the Aussies would regularly score 300 in a test match day
Slow....boring.,.,,.unimaginative.......

We just don’t have the batsmen of the past, Gilchrist, Hayden, Langer, Waugh’s, Ponting, Clarke........thank goodness it’s getting closer to the day Smith and Warner will be back,

Our bowlers must be getting sick of our batsmen not earning their keep
I felt yesterday was one of those damned if you do damned if you don't days. If they try and put the wide ones through the covers they knick out like the Indians did and are all out for 100. Then we say they have no patience and don't respect the wicket.
Now when they respect the wicket and show patience we say they are slow, boring and unimaginative.
I was impressed with Harris, Khawaja, Handscomb and Head. These blokes dug deep on a tough pitch to bat on.
Finch is an ODI batsman and needs to go.
Marsh has to go. He's all or nothing and more often than not nothing.
Paine needed to dig in and support Handscomb.
I think we can make a game of this, just need to get another 100 runs somehow. Head is the key obviously.

ouryears

Bench
I felt yesterday was one of those damned if you do damned if you don't days. If they try and put the wide ones through the covers they knick out like the Indians did and are all out for 100. Then we say they have no patience and don't respect the wicket.
Now when they respect the wicket and show patience we say they are slow, boring and unimaginative.
I was impressed with Harris, Khawaja, Handscomb and Head. These blokes dug deep on a tough pitch to bat on.
Finch is an ODI batsman and needs to go.
Marsh has to go. He's all or nothing and more often than not nothing.
Paine needed to dig in and support Handscomb.
I think we can make a game of this, just need to get another 100 runs somehow. Head is the key obviously.
True what you say mate, they had to dig in or be out for 100.
I was comparing the current circumstances, skill set, talent and great bats of our recent past who had the skills to always score 300 in a day no matter what.

With our current team there is no way we have the bats to get close to taking it to the opposition.
These days we have to occupy the crease to survive, and still be rolled for under 250. Our bats haven’t performed for a longtime, monumental collapses and individual scores under 20 are every day occurrences these days.

I stand by my rating that our team is a B grade team these days, bowlers aside.
Painful to watch....the worst batting line up for years and years.

A bit like most of our backline, slow and out of their depth

Crush

Coach
True what you say mate, they had to dig in or be out for 100.
I was comparing the current circumstances, skill set, talent and great bats of our recent past who had the skills to always score 300 in a day no matter what.

With our current team there is no way we have the bats to get close to taking it to the opposition.
These days we have to occupy the crease to survive, and still be rolled for under 250. Our bats haven’t performed for a longtime, monumental collapses and individual scores under 20 are every day occurrences these days.

I stand by my rating that our team is a B grade team these days, bowlers aside.
Painful to watch....the worst batting line up for years and years.

A bit like most of our backline, slow and out of their depth
Agreed. The glory days are long gone.
It'll turn around though.
It's pretty difficult to watch Virat Kohli giving our batsmen massive send offs and carrying on. They are very chirpy out there, I hope we can shut them up with runs and wickets.

ouryears

Bench
Agreed. The glory days are long gone.
It'll turn around though.
It's pretty difficult to watch Virat Kohli giving our batsmen massive send offs and carrying on. They are very chirpy out there, I hope we can shut them up with runs and wickets.
Me too Crush, I hope Kohli gets another low score 2nd innings and Travis Head can make a century this morning.....,

And we start some sledging.....within the rules....just within the rules is fine

Crush

Coach
Me too Crush, I hope Kohli gets another low score 2nd innings and Travis Head can make a century this morning.....,

And we start some sledging.....within the rules....just within the rules is fine
I'd prefer we won the series 4 nil and didn't sledge once.

Latest posts