What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Schoolboys Tour to England - Details of dates and livestream

Harrigan

Juniors
14 minutes into the first test.

England 6-0 up with a try to Leeds centre Harry Newman and the conversion by Wigan 7 Harry Smith. England well in top at the moment

Harrigan

Juniors
35 minutes in, Harry Smith scores and converts his own try to make it 12-0.

Tesi Neu having a nightmare for the Aussies at 1. The try came off his mistake from a dropped bomb

Harrigan

Juniors
Aussies score. Stephen Crichton finishes a good hands move in at the corner. Been all Australia the last 10minutes or so.

14-4 England, 65 gone

Harrigan

Juniors
8 point swing! England winger Loius Senior dropped the ball dead a couple of metres out from line which would have put the game to bed. Next set the Aussies go 90m in 4 tackles to score .

14-8 to England with 5 to go

Harrigan

Juniors
14-8, FT

Game of two half's. England dominated the first with a dominant pack and a good kicking game. The Aussies came out firing second half and scored a couple of good tries. In the end it was 3 goals to 0 that was the main difference although I reckon England did edge the game overall.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
14-8, FT

Game of two half's. England dominated the first with a dominant pack and a good kicking game. The Aussies came out firing second half and scored a couple of good tries. In the end it was 3 goals to 0 that was the main difference although I reckon England did edge the game overall.
Didn’t see the game but heard England #7 Harry smith had a great game.

Jack Deth

Juniors
Watched the game. I thought the ref was far too lenient with the Aussies in the tackle. Score flattered the Aussies. Just my opinion.

aqua_duck

Coach
Harry Smith dictated the game and showed a very mature kicking game
Harry Newman went very well too

Talas was the pick of the Aussies for me
Talau really? He came off the bench and the only involvement was a kick that went dead and a knock on in his own half, clearly the best for the Aussies was Starford Toa.

aqua_duck

Coach
For mine England definitely handled the conditions better and were much better in terms of the physicality, quite a few of the England lads are 19 and have Super League experience which definitely showed, most of the Aussie guys are only 17 or only just turned 18 and from my knowledge the highest level any of them have played is Starford Toa playing one Intrust Super premiership game last season. Tasi Niu had one of the worst games I've ever, was hooked after half time, but as mentioned earlier Harry Smith was brilliant for England

Jack Deth

Juniors
For mine England definitely handled the conditions better and were much better in terms of the physicality, quite a few of the England lads are 19 and have Super League experience which definitely showed, most of the Aussie guys are only 17 or only just turned 18 and from my knowledge the highest level any of them have played is Starford Toa playing one Intrust Super premiership game last season. Tasi Niu had one of the worst games I've ever, was hooked after half time, but as mentioned earlier Harry Smith was brilliant for England

mmm quite a few of the England lads have played SL? don't think that is true. Quite a few are 19? again i dont think that is true either.

aqua_duck

Coach
mmm quite a few of the England lads have played SL? don't think that is true. Quite a few are 19? again i dont think that is true either.
The entire backline 1 to 5 have all played super league along with Oliver Wilson and Tom Holroyd so that’s 7 guys. Cameron Scott is 19, Oliver Wilson is 19, Joe sharrrocks is 19, and half a 4 or 5 others such as Harry Wilson, Harry Newman, and Callum McClelland turn 19 in Jan/Feb

aqua_duck

Coach
Again I’m not taking anything away from England so don’t take it as a swipe, England academy is an under 19s side so there’s nothing wrong with that and Aust schoolboys is an under 18s side with mainly bottom aged 18 year olds and some 17 year olds as that’s just the way school age system works

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Harry Smith dictated the game and showed a very mature kicking game
Harry Newman went very well too

Talas was the pick of the Aussies for me
1st time I’d ever even heard of Harry Smith let alone seen any footage of him play but have to say I was very impressed with him. Think we’ll be hearing and seeing more of him soon though.

How old is he? Will he be still young enough for the u19’s this coming season?

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Again I’m not taking anything away from England so don’t take it as a swipe, England academy is an under 19s side so there’s nothing wrong with that and Aust schoolboys is an under 18s side with mainly bottom aged 18 year olds and some 17 year olds as that’s just the way school age system works
Will any of the Aussie kids have had Holden cup experience?

Walter sobchak

First Grade
If I was a coach of a championship side I’d be on the phone 24/7 pestering Leeds to take muizz mustapha on DR!!!

aqua_duck

Coach
1st time I’d ever even heard of Harry Smith let alone seen any footage of him play but have to say I was very impressed with him. Think we’ll be hearing and seeing more of him soon though.

How old is he? Will he be still young enough for the u19’s this coming season?
I haven't seen him play but he's from Wigan and turns 19 in Jan so should still be eligible for 19s next year.

Latest posts