What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24 Hour NRL channel

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They’re currently doing a week of the 1990’s. Marvel in the jersey golden period.
I wonder if in the 2030's and 2040's the kids now who'll be adults then will marvel in the "golden jersey period" of right now.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
They’re currently doing a week of the 1990’s. Marvel in the jersey golden period.

Some of these games were on not that long ago.

Dont get me wrong I enjoy watching these games, but seems like just replay the same during the off season instead of replaying other games. Notice how just before the games they have the old promos.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Canberra-Brisbane, 1993 on right now. How did those two great teams NOT meet in a grand final ? Talk about star studded line-ups.

If Stuart doesnt get injured at the end of 93, its very likely they wouldve met that year.

Probably the best GF but didnt happen.

beave

Coach

Dont get me wrong I enjoy watching these games, but seems like just replay the same during the off season instead of replaying other games. Notice how just before the games they have the old promos.

well the early - mid 90’s library is limited somewhat. there was only 2 games a week shown back then on tv.

beave

Coach
watching these 90’s games, some of the passing is atrocious. The only one who could throw a consistent and decent spiral was Sticky.

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
well the early - mid 90’s library is limited somewhat. there was only 2 games a week shown back then on tv.

3 if you count the ABC Saturday game live and possibly 4 if it was Brisbane Channel 10 or 9.

The point was these replays were shown before not that long ago, but I guess Fox cant go through the library further.

watching these 90’s games, some of the passing is atrocious. The only one who could throw a consistent and decent spiral was Sticky.

Not just the passing but play-the-balls and handling errors.

The ruck was messy but the referees allowed it provided they get up and play the ball.

And what about when the marker would kick the ball just as the bloke played the ball. Sometimes it would pay off. Dont know when they scrapped that rule.

And then you have moments where instead of playing the ball they kick it close to the try line and sometimes. Eg. Brad Fittler against Manly in the semi final in 96. Probably the last time that occurred.

Our game has certainly changed.

beave

Coach
3 if you count the ABC Saturday game live and possibly 4 if it was Brisbane Channel 10 or 9.

The point was these replays were shown before not that long ago, but I guess Fox cant go through the library further.

Not just the passing but play-the-balls and handling errors.

The ruck was messy but the referees allowed it provided they get up and play the ball.

And what about when the marker would kick the ball just as the bloke played the ball. Sometimes it would pay off. Dont know when they scrapped that rule.

And then you have moments where instead of playing the ball they kick it close to the try line and sometimes. Eg. Brad Fittler against Manly in the semi final in 96. Probably the last time that occurred.

Our game has certainly changed.

I don’t think Fox have access to the ABC saturday games, I think I read somewhere they only had the channel 10 and 9 games.

striking at the play the ball was messy as hell, I’m glad they got rid of it tbh.

nrlnrl

First Grade

Which old promos?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I don’t think Fox have access to the ABC saturday games, I think I read somewhere they only had the channel 10 and 9 games.

striking at the play the ball was messy as hell, I’m glad they got rid of it tbh.

The other day they showed the Broncos St George game from 91. Definitely an ABC game as Boland and Beetson were the commentators.

What a finish in that game.

Life's Good

Coach

Agreed. The Magpies vs. Bears game from 1996 was a thriller(Willis kicked the FG from halfway on the bell)but I dont need a replay of it once a week. Surely the archives would be bursting with games that FOX has access to that we are yet to see.
Mind you, I'd take repeated game replays than replays of any of the Fox footy shows(apart from Vossy & League Life).

Springs09

Juniors
Fox Sports understands that I need to see the Matty, Fletch and Spud go to see the Knights v Manly game bit at least 20 times a week so I'm grateful.

Stallion

First Grade
Noticed an advert screening on FOX that has Fox Sports and the Australian government proudly promoting/supporting womens niche sport. At no time does this advert show any womens rugby league yet shows union, soccer and AFL. No womens rugby league to be seen.