What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Chipmunk

Coach
Are you bored @Gary Gutful?

On another note I made a lovely little tropical style Summer Ale using Citra and Mosaic hops the other week. It seems to have come up nicely.

Not sure about the emissions of it though...

TheRam

Coach
That reason is primarily because we werent allowed to go nuclear many decades ago like the British were. Had we done that then, you'd find that we wouldn't be stuck with coal now.

Stuck with coal?? You mean the most abundant cheap base power energy available and we literally have hundreds of years supply of.

Oh poor us.

Oh and you can stick your climate change up your arse.

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
Fair call, buts it more of a renewable source than coal or gas.

We have enough space in this country that no one really needs to live near a nuclear reactor. We also have more uranium than we know what to do with

Or we can become aware of Fusion and spread the word and demand it from our overlords.

Also Australia has the worlds largest supply of a little thing called Thorium.

Gronk

Staff member
Stuck with coal?? You mean the most abundant cheap base power energy available and we literally have hundreds of years supply of.

Oh poor us.

Oh and you can stick your climate change up your arse.

a1c7968375cf2453471131e1c6cd649c.jpg

Snoochies

First Grade
Was at a Christmas party the other night and in the pub there was this older fella sitting alone having a beer. Was alone for awhile so thought I'd go buy him a beer and ya know, cheer a lonely fella up. Anyway I asked what's happening and said he's enjoying a night out because he retired that day, I was like cool, good for you but why you alone? Turns out (according to him), he's a mad scientist and has been splitting atoms, molecules or whatever and he's discovered some new experiment that creates energy. Says he's been experimenting for years and years and some Uni is about to give his PHD and the government has given him a blank cheque and he's about to pocket $50 million. Turns out all this experimenting made his wife leave him and his kid killed himself and now he's hit the jackpot.

True story...........the part where I spoke with him but the rest of what he said, yeah not so sure.

Gronk

Staff member
Was at a Christmas party the other night and in the pub there was this older fella sitting alone having a beer. Was alone for awhile so thought I'd go buy him a beer and ya know, cheer a lonely fella up. Anyway I asked what's happening and said he's enjoying a night out because he retired that day, I was like cool, good for you but why you alone? Turns out (according to him), he's a mad scientist and has been splitting atoms, molecules or whatever and he's discovered some new experiment that creates energy. Says he's been experimenting for years and years and some Uni is about to give his PHD and the government has given him a blank cheque and he's about to pocket $50 million. Turns out all this experimenting made his wife leave him and his kid killed himself and now he's hit the jackpot.

True story...........the part where I spoke with him but the rest of what he said, yeah not so sure.

Great story. There is amazing research going on the right now at our unis and CSIRO. Meanwhile the government up until recently cut the funding to the CSIRO. FMD.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ent-orders-u-turn-on-climate-science-research

Latest posts