What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Chipmunk

Coach
It would be great to see Parramatta Marist as an elite Rugby League school again. I enjoyed watching them on the Commonwealth Bank Cup. Good colours, tradition, many good eels.
Cayless, Cayless, Lyon, Witt...Gallen

Who was that gigantic half back they had about 20 years ago? He was as big as the front rowers. I wonder whatever happened to him.

T-Boon

Coach
Who was that gigantic half back they had about 20 years ago? He was as big as the front rowers. I wonder whatever happened to him.

Not sure, but now I am trying to think of the halfback of their 1995 winning team when Calyess was player of the year. The half ran the show and all the hit ups were one off the ruck off his passes rather than off the dummy half passes. It was interesting coaching. Was Daniel Anderson coach of that team?

Chipmunk

Coach
Not sure, but now I am trying to think of the halfback of their 1995 winning team when Calyess was player of the year. The half ran the show and all the hit ups were one off the ruck off his passes rather than off the dummy half passes. It was interesting coaching. Was Daniel Anderson coach of that team?

I would've thought the guy I'm thinking of was earlier than Cayless. This guy was probably late 80s, early 90s. He must have played juniors for Parra. Maybe Daniel was his first name

Chipmunk

Coach
I would've thought the guy I'm thinking of was earlier than Cayless. This guy was probably late 80s, early 90s. He must have played juniors for Parra. Maybe Daniel was his first name

From my initial research it could have been David Bayssari, who ended up playing for the Tigers. Does anyone recall if he played half back for Parramatta Marist?

84 Baby

Referee
Bit of a career change... along with other changes...

83804c2c7d1105f567b59e85e3dca3aa

emjaycee

Coach
From my initial research it could have been David Bayssari, who ended up playing for the Tigers. Does anyone recall if he played half back for Parramatta Marist?
Dave Bayssari would have finished high school no later than '87 as I think he was either 1 possibly 2 years behind me. Big chance we went to Marist as his initial high school finished at the end of Year 10 in those days and most who did the HSC moved to Marist.

T-Boon

Coach
The first time I became aware of the Commonwealth Bank Cup was (I am pretty sure) a game that was a preliminary game to the Eels v Great Britain touring team in 1992. I was there in the crowd on that great night in Eels history and the/a preliminary game was (I think) between Fairfield Pats and someone like Greystanes. Fairfield Pats went on to win the Cup that year and I can still name most of the team.

strider

Post Whore
The first time I became aware of the Commonwealth Bank Cup was (I am pretty sure) a game that was a preliminary game to the Eels v Great Britain touring team in 1992. I was there in the crowd on that great night in Eels history and the/a preliminary game was (I think) between Fairfield Pats and someone like Greystanes. Fairfield Pats went on to win the Cup that year and I can still name most of the team.
ok - name them

T-Boon

Coach
ok - name them

Chris Hately
Andrew Hill (the now administrator)
Garen Casey (played a bit of first grade)
Darren Pettit (played a lot of reserve grade)
Justin Morgan (now a coach somewhere in Europe)
Chris Yates

Ok so maybe thats not most, but it is still pretty good recall.